ReputationRep:
    Married and have been for the last 12 years

ReputationRep:
    relationship, 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone but you is in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Single.

Most of the people I know are in relationships or single and kind of with/after someone lol

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Long term Relationship :woo: 2 Years 8 months :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Single for 5 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Single for 5 years.
    I have been single for 5 years too. How do you cope with that?

When I meet guys and I tell them they think there must be something seriously wrong with me but point of the matter is I am not going top attach myself to someone I do not feel strongly about

ReputationRep:
    i'm single. not long come out of a long term relationship. seen a couple of guys since but nothing too serious. and i'm surprised to say i'm really enjoying not being committed to anyone

saying that, i know it would only take the right guy to get me into another relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what I am at the moment, sort of half in half out, don't really know which way it's going to go

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a kinda complicated situation. Started seeing a new guy, we're not dating tho. And i'm also seeing my ex when he comes down to visit from uni. Should really stop seeing my ex but ah well.

ReputationRep:
    i'm single... oh well at least i dont have to pay out for extra christmas and birthday presents

ReputationRep:
    Long Term Relationship

ReputationRep:
    Been with my boyfriend for around 10 months but before that i was single for 2 years, just seeing people now and again. Singleness can be fun but i don't miss it!

ReputationRep:
    Well im dusting out my life - single for 3 weeks and 4 days and lurvvvving it.

ReputationRep:
    It's complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by libertine861)
    I've no idea to be honest as I don't really take any notice. I think it's something you only notice when you actually want to be in a relationship. I've been single for a long time and whilst I use to be desperate for a girlfriend, I've adapted to the single life, almost to the point where I now prefer being single.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    I have been single for 5 years too. How do you cope with that?

When I meet guys and I tell them they think there must be something seriously wrong with me but point of the matter is I am not going top attach myself to someone I do not feel strongly about
    Erm, I don't cope, in all honesty. I hate it, and I get very upset about it especially when I'm alone in the evenings.

I suppose in the long term, I'm such an optimist, that it keeps me going; I won't believe that I'll be single forever - I believe it will happen. I'm just biding my time I guess until I meet someone I click with. I don't doubt that I will meet someone.

I do a lot of writing in journals - I write about how lonely I am and the things I want to do when I do meet someone. I write about how I can't wait to be loved, fancied etc.

You've just gotta get it out sometimes, y'know? Like, vent it somewhere. I don't say out loud how lonely I am, because it just depresses people so I find some other way to vent my frustrations.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.