I am a vegetarian does that put guys off? Watch

there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheVeryHungryCaterpillar)
there's too much love!!! - moo moo, equal gaseous expulsion? - what about levels of methane?.
look it's incredibly simple, I know you're trolling but to people who took that seriously:

1)cows eat plant matter --> cows fart a hell of a low --> we eat cow, we fart, not so much.

2)we eat plant matter-->we fart not so much

Add the gas expelled from the cow, on to the amount you fart, and that is how much you are responsible for releasing. Eat the same amount of plant matter and then fart, and you'll be releasing less gas than figure 2.

This isn't a hard concept.
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
Yes, but what I'm saying is if you're grown up enough to ignore it when it does happen, it's better.
to ignore the preaching, or the meat industries behaviour?
Anonymous #1
Report 10 years ago
I HAtE VEGIS>
there's too much love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I HAtE VEGIS>
shift key fail.
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Annie72)
No I couldnt either. Almost every single veggie bloke I have ever met has been really skinny which does nothing for me!. It would only be their physique that would put me off, not their eating habits.
You probably wouldn't guess I was a vegetarian if you saw me then. I'm actually overweight at the moment.

(Original post by Nebthet)
Okay this is slightly inverted, as I'm not a lesbian, but if the guy I was dating was a vegetarian... Hmm. Well, I wouldn't have anything against that necessarily... It would just be weird going out with him sometimes because I absolutely love meat and would feel really weird eating it in front of him in case he thought it was somehow offensive or something.
I always find this funny. I've been a vegetarian for 11 years, and it still confuses me that there are people who feel awkward about eating meat in the presence of a vegetarian. It's actually created one or two awkward situations in the past.

With girls its different sometimes though because some girls do it just as a statement.
To be honest, I only did it to annoy my parents. And I'm a bloke.
Nebthet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BlackpoolCraig)
I always find this funny. I've been a vegetarian for 11 years, and it still confuses me that there are people who feel awkward about eating meat in the presence of a vegetarian. It's actually created one or two awkward situations in the past.
Some people really do make a big deal out of it. They're all like, "Ew, how can you eat that?" And I'm not ashamed or anything, I just don't want to disgust anyone... My eating habbits/manners are bad enough!! And those that don't say anything, you just sit there imagining all the things they would say, if they commented...

Maybe I just overthink everything... Also possible!

To be honest, I only did it to annoy my parents. And I'm a bloke.
Hahaha, awh. I have a friend who randomly "decides" to become a vegetarian just to annoy his mom, who then has to change her cooking patterns. I think she's given up now... She just says, "Eat it, and if you don't like it, get in the kitchen and make something yourself." - But I guess he deserves it, he had a new eating pattern every few months
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nebthet)
Some people really do make a big deal out of it. They're all like, "Ew, how can you eat that?" And I'm not ashamed or anything, I just don't want to disgust anyone... My eating habbits/manners are bad enough!! And those that don't say anything, you just sit there imagining all the things they would say, if they commented...
There are a few people like that, but I'd expect them to be in the minority amongst vegetarians. We live in a society where eating meat is the norm, so it can't be all that foul and alien to them.

After 11 years of vegetarianism, I find it difficult to view meat as a food, which is why I still am a vegetarian, despite not having all that many convictions. - I'd find it difficult to identify meat as food. However, I accept that other people eat it, and despite not viewing it as something I'd put in my own mouth, I acknowledge that other people eat it. To be honest, the only thing I cant stand in terms of meat is raw chicken. It gives me the creeps.

Anywyas, back to the point at hand, I find it awkward when someone is obviously afraid of causing offence by eating meat. And as a vegetarian, I often feel guilty that it's my fault that they're reacting extremely sensitively because they perceive me to be some kind of lunatic who'll shout them down for eating a cheeseburger.

I think people need to be more relaxed about eating in front of vegetarians. Most won't care, and if they are the preachy, shouty kind, then they'll only be an embarassment to themselves.
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by there's too much love)
to ignore the preaching, or the meat industries behaviour?
The former.
Waheyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I HAtE VEGIS>
(Original post by there's too much love)
shift key fail.
Wrong; it's just a fail in general.
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The only issue I really have as a veggie is with my meat-eating house mates not cleaning the grill pan when they've used it, so its always covered in fat and stinks
xxx
georgia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blinkbelle)
The only issue I really have as a veggie is with my meat-eating house mates not cleaning the grill pan when they've used it, so its always covered in fat and stinks
xxx
Ugh yes, totally sympathise with that! How hard is it to use tinfoil anyway? There was a fullblown fire in our grill pan once because so much fat had built up in it, gross.
manmade xoxo
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
haha I totally agree
One of my friends used to always say sorry whenever she ordered a meat dish when we went to eat together. But I eventually made her stop.
rockingreviser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
yum.x
lalalee-anne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm a vegetarian, and it hasn't put guys off me. However, i would not go out with anyone who wasn't vegetarian so i'm single until i find someone else who is

x
dsk12
Report 10 years ago
no, with a capital "n"
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lalalee-anne)
I'm a vegetarian, and it hasn't put guys off me. However, i would not go out with anyone who wasn't vegetarian so i'm single until i find someone else who is

x
Why is that? xx
$loth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't be put off, though a girl would have to accept fully that I enjoy eating tasty animals.
paperclip
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lalalee-anne)

x
Although i'm a vegetarian i find that a little extreme, is there any particular reason why you wouldn't got out with a non veggie?

:clip:
the_punk_delusion
Report 10 years ago
I've been veggie all my life, no bf has ever let it get between us =]
My guy takes the piss all the time but it's just really funny
I don't mind him eating meat, but he knows I won't cook it for him and stuff, so it's all good...
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Possibly. Vegetarians have the worst gas.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.46%
No (530)
60.78%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise