Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Lol! - they could threaten the tories position lol
    Lol.. Its a great manifesto

ReputationRep:
    Portillo is to step down from Parliament after the next election. Very bad news for the Tories, and for British politics, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    no other candidates stood, so howard won by default. im pleased with this show of unity in the party. onwards to victory!
    Yes, I have a distinct feeling that Howard will lead us to victory. All hail low taxes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Yes, I have a distinct feeling that Howard will lead us to victory. All hail low taxes!
    ...and crappy services! yay.

Howard will lead 'you' to nothing.

blair will be genuinely nervous about facing howard in the commons... whatever you think of him hes definitely a good debater
    As William hague so amply demonstrated, theres a bit more to being a credible Opposition leader then that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    ...and crappy services! yay.
    What and Labour has provided us with good ones? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What and Labour has provided us with good ones? :rolleyes:
    Better.

Nice to see the Tories are going to solve the problems by lowering Taxes, and don't talk to me about fiscal policy. I don't trust the Tories with spending.

ReputationRep:
    People like you just don't realise that good services have to be payed for. A policy of lower taxes is incompatible with an aim to improve our public services.

ReputationRep:
    does ne1 honestly believe michael howard will lead the tories to victory????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    does ne1 honestly believe michael howard will lead the tories to victory????
    definately not - give it a year and he will be booted out like William Hague and IDS was and then a new leader will arise again that WILL UNITE THE CONSERVATIVES AND WIN THE NEXT ELECTION - yeah rite!! lol

The tories are a walking disaster who arnt capable of organising themselves let alone challenging labour.

ReputationRep:
    definately not - give it a year and he will be booted out like William Hague and IDS was and then a new leader will arise again that WILL UNITE THE CONSERVATIVES AND WIN THE NEXT ELECTION - yeah rite!! lol

The tories are a walking disaster who arnt capable of organising themselves let alone challenging labour.
    i totally agree and the howard fans are making me mad....because they seem to think he can save the party....mike the superhero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeh right can you see him attracting the young vote????????? teh tories are on the way to disaster and i can see them being replaced by lib dems as teh opposition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i totally agree and the howard fans are making me mad....because they seem to think he can save the party....mike the superhero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeh right can you see him attracting the young vote????????? teh tories are on the way to disaster and i can see them being replaced by lib dems as teh opposition!
    I think it is funny when the tories try to critcise public services - yes they are not perfect but they are a dam site better than they would be if the tories were in power. Labour is running on long term 15 year plans on most of their policies and said before they even got elected that it would take time....public services are improving year on year. Any opposition can point out problems that exist in public services but i know for a fact that the tories would only make them worse not better!

ReputationRep:
    I think it is funny when the tories try to critcise public services - yes they are not perfect but they are a dam site better than they would be if the tories were in power. Labour is running on long term 15 year plans on most of their policies and said before they even got elected that it would take time....public services are improving year on year. Any opposition can point out problems that exist in public services but i know for a fact that the tories would only make them worse not better!
    exactly! and besides that....tories tell us how theyre gonna cut taxes well yes thats all very well....but whos going to fund their "improvements" to health/educ/crime prevention etc!!!!!!!!!! tehy cant even get their policies right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    exactly! and besides that....tories tell us how theyre gonna cut taxes well yes thats all very well....but whos going to fund their "improvements" to health/educ/crime prevention etc!!!!!!!!!! tehy cant even get their policies right.
    I agree...they are just saying what people want to hear in the hope that they will win votes but their policies are completely unrealistic.

'Yes we will halve taxes and make public services thousands of times better with halve the money!' lol

Plus they have completely the wrong image...which is now probably worst since howard is leader.

ReputationRep:
    I agree...they are just saying what people want to hear in the hope that they will win votes but their policies are completely unrealistic.

'Yes we will halve taxes and make public services thousands of times better with halve the money!' lol

Plus they have completely the wrong image...which is now probably worst since howard is leader.
    haha! the guy completely lacks charisma. i mean tony blair isnt an angel but even when he has allegatiuons about the dossier/spin etc he still holds charisma...hes still popular and thats really important.....also howard has a bad history....the thatcher gvt!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Vote Monster Raving Loony Party!
    "Hat wearing will be encouraged by abolishing VAT on headwear"
    lol thats the funniest thing in there, because its satirical (brown abolished vat on cycle helmets to encourage wearing them)

ReputationRep:
    michael howard will be an excellent leader of a popular party come the next election. lets just wait and see eh...

ReputationRep:
    michael howard will be an excellent leader of a popular party come the next election. lets just wait and see eh...
    you might as well wake up now lol

ReputationRep:
    how ashamed the genuine labour and lib dem supporters must be. being represented by this little lot. if i were them i would speak out now, lest we mistake poorly written nonsense, barren of any real political knowledge for actual Conservative criticism. hated they maybe, but Conservative supporters must be smug knowing that the childlike gutter talk is coming from the other side...

cant you at least try????

People like you just don't realise that good services have to be payed for. A policy of lower taxes is incompatible with an aim to improve our public services.

think it is funny when the tories try to critcise public services - yes they are not perfect but they are a dam site better than they would be if the tories were in power. Labour is running on long term 15 year plans on most of their policies and said before they even got elected that it would take time....public services are improving year on year. Any opposition can point out problems that exist in public services but i know for a fact that the tories would only make them worse not better

Plus they have completely the wrong image...which is now probably worst since howard is leader

haha! the guy completely lacks charisma. i mean tony blair isnt an angel but even when he has allegatiuons about the dossier/spin etc he still holds charisma...hes still popular and thats really important.....also howard has a bad history....the thatcher gvt!!!!

you might as well wake up now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    how ashamed the genuine labour and lib dem supporters must be. being represented by this little lot. if i were them i would speak out now, lest we mistake poorly written nonsense, barren of any real political knowledge for actual Conservative criticism. hated they maybe, but Conservative supporters must be smug knowing that the childlike gutter talk is coming from the other side...

cant you at least try????
    Oh shut your mouth you silly girl.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.