Turn on thread page Beta

Valentines day ideas thread? - What to do watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Most likely Judas Priest / Megadeth / Testament gig

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm assuming it's a Saturday, so I'll do what I usually do, that's go for a run, have a Subway, practice my guitar, watch some DVDs and be happy
    Oh yeah, I'll have to miss out the part where I meet up with my friends because they're all coupled up, probably "aww-ing" at us poor singletons.

I had a chance to be in a couple in time for Valentines Day, but it turns out I didn't want to be in that relationship as much as I'd thought, so I bit the bullet and stayed single. Woo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.goddfather)
    I know its still a few weeks away, but to all the couples out there (and singletons!) what are you planning on doing?

Im planning to surprise the GF with a day trip to Paris.

Your girlfriend is so lucky!

At times like these, I wish I had a boyfriend. Even if they didn't take me somewhere fancy, just to spend time with on that romantic day.
    Plus I love buying guys presents.

(Original post by __Katy)
    My boyfriend told me today that he is on a swimming competition all weekend (and is spending the rest of the following week camping)

May I also add he muffed up last years Valentines too.

But, its just a day and all that.... I'm sure I will believe that once the anger subsides... Eventualy.
    Valentine's is fun, but you can always celebrate it on your own day that's convenient

ReputationRep:
    I'm dragging my other half to a ceilidh in the evening, followed by an anti-valentines party xD No idea about during the day though...

ReputationRep:
    Sending myself cards to boost my ego.

ReputationRep:
    going skiing with 6 of my mates!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaaa)
    Plus I love buying guys presents.
    That keyring is a good start

ReputationRep:
    I'll be forgetting about it. It's my birthday on the 13th so I suppose I'll spend the early hours of valentine's day in a club. Some friends from home wanted me to go to Sheffield on the day but hotels are expensive enough without having to pay the inflated valentine's day prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    That keyring is a good start
    Haha, hilarious ;D

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in London getting tattooed, 'cos love is pain, innit.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, hilarious ;D
    I wasn't joking ;D

ReputationRep:
    Cousin wedding!

(Original post by the.goddfather)
    I know its still a few weeks away, but to all the couples out there (and singletons!) what are you planning on doing?

Im planning to surprise the GF with a day trip to Paris.

We haven't really discussed it yet... although I wish he'd surprised me with a day trip to Paris. We may stay in and cook a meal rather than go out (some restaurants have a special menu that is a fixed expensive price) although I have a horrible feeling that he may have to stay that weekend up on the RAF base :confused: because of his flight that are going to Washington DC on a weeks trip... if that's so I may just stay in and watch a film with some archers & lemonade and perhaps some popcorn...

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't joking ;D
    I was

ReputationRep:
    I was
    I don't get the keyring? Is that what you're trying to break to me?

Guess we're not going to Paris then if that's how you're playing this game missy.

ReputationRep:
    It's just another day.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the keyring? Is that what you're trying to break to me?

Guess we're not going to Paris then if that's how you're playing this game missy.
    You're a mentalist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    It's just another day.
    Awww, same

ReputationRep:
    Awww, same
    It's the same for everyone.

I suppose I'll have to make some sort of effort to make the woman of the hour feel appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You're a mentalist.
    Definately.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.