Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've not read other posts so I'll just say what I think about this...

Our world is an imperfect one. There are bad things like 4 year olds with cancer and good things, like chocolate!

When people say, "if God was real why would he invent [insert bad thing here]?" you have to realise that if there were no bad things, 1, we wouldn't appreciate any of the good things, e.g. life, or if there was good weather every day, no-one would say, "nice weather today," it'd just be normal and taken for granted, and 2, if everything were fantabulous on Earth, then why be here? We may as well be in heaven right now, which is to miss the point of our being here.

Our world is not good or bad, it just has the potential for both, you can work hard and succeed, you can work hard and fail. It's just as easy or difficult for a rich or a poor man to believe in God, life may deal you a good hand or a bad one, and part of it is what you make of it. To say the world is evil or bad is as fanciful as to say it's Utopian or super.

Look at the story of Jobe in the bible, he was dealt a pretty bad hand...

As for the reasons for people's beliefs:

"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God" - Cicero.

ReputationRep:
    God knows what He's doing.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.