Turn on thread page Beta

Hot girl, great personality, but she votes BNP... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamrock92)
    Yeah, because those two parties have meaningful differences. :rolleyes:
    It's not the fact that they have "meaningful differences", it's the fact that it causes a severe divide in opinion.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    We'll agree to disagree. I don't think personality and opinions don't have that much to do with each other.
    I don't believe all people who support the bnp have the same personality, which is why I am confused that people are asking 'how can she have a good personality if she votes bnp?'.
    Well, personality isn't as simple as "good" and "bad". I simply don't see how someone who found the kind of world view that would lead someone to vote BNP deeply unattractive could also assert that someone had an attractive personality.

Surely, if someone holds the opinion that, say, all immigration to the UK should be illegal, then that indicates something about their relationship with others and their attitude towards, for example, those in need when something they have interest in might be threatened. So, in my opinion, someone's views can say a lot about their personality and mindset.

But yes, I agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt that any 'hot' girl will be interested in you if you care who they vote for you re a loser get a life.

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
    For me I'd find it hard enough going out with someone who votes Tory as politics is such a big part of my life. Going out with someone who voted BNP is just out of the question. They have the right to believe what they want but that doesn't mean you can't feel disgusted and appalled by her views.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    I think not going out with someone just because they have different political views than you is very petty. You need to be open minded for relationships to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    I think not going out with someone just because they have different political views than you is very petty. You need to be open minded for relationships to work.
    when your political view is to harrass and beat asian citizens i think it's not petty

(Original post by DannyBoy123)
    I really don't think someones political views should influence your decision on someones personality. It always amazes me on here how many so called 'liberal' individuals shudder at the thought of conversing with a Tory, as if that makes them intrinsically bad people.

People change their political views anyway - personally I have moved from being a Tory, to something of a centrist, an anarchist and a communist and now I simply don't know what to think anymore other than I hate political parties.
    Views are part of somebody's personality, so if she has racist views then she cannot have a good personality (IMO).

ReputationRep:
    Drop it like its hot

ReputationRep:
    I'd say being completely different to someone in many ways is a good reason to lose interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by token)
    Views are part of somebody's personality, so if she has racist views then she cannot have a good personality (IMO).
    Granted but there could be any one of a hundred reasons why she votes BNP. Maybe her parents influence? Maybe she thinks she's being rebellious or something. I hate the BNP with a passion but voting for them doesn't necessarily make you racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zdo0o)
    when your political view is to harrass and beat asian citizens i think it's not petty
    When/where does the BNP condone that?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hot girl, great personality, but uneducated is the simple answer. If it wasn't for the polish and other foreign workers alot of the jobs wouldn't be done and alot of them are very very hard workers who value family traditions and politeness, something that is lost to many a family over here. It's only a very small minority that give idiots like the bnp any votes.. because 1 in 10 thousand foreigners do crime or whatever the stat is but the bnp create fear and use it to their advantage.You will probably find that she knows someone or is someone who has suffered in one way or another or spread lies/rumours. Paranoia is a great weapon and weakness and these people feed from it.

(Original post by Conorrr)
    i doubt that any 'hot' girl will be interested in you if you care who they vote for you re a loser get a life.
    For your information, I'm the only person who she has trusted enough to let on that she is a BNP follower. Must be interesed in me a little bit.

(And before you make funny comments about me telling you all on TSR, note that I'm anonymous:rolleyes: )

And for the guy who said I must have no political opinion, owing to the fact that I'm asking about this on TSR. Get a grip! As you can hopefully appreciate, this is a big deal for me, and I can't discuss it properly with my friends, cos then they would know about her BNP beliefs. Thus I am getting advice on here. Also, if I had no political views, why would this be an issue for me?! Think before you post!

ReputationRep:
    Hot girl, great personality, but uneducated is the simple answer. If it wasn't for the polish and other foreign workers alot of the jobs wouldn't be done and alot of them are very very hard workers who value family traditions and politeness, something that is lost to many a family over here. It's only a very small minority that give idiots like the bnp any votes.. because 1 in 10 thousand foreigners do crime or whatever the stat is but the bnp create fear and use it to their advantage.You will probably find that she knows someone or is someone who has suffered in one way or another or spread lies/rumours. Paranoia is a great weapon and weakness and these people feed from it.

And hidden cameras showed footage of some bnp meets, it was shown on panorama on tv in the uk where their leader is talking about using violence, in answer to the last post.many of their members are ex criminals and thugs.

arg sorry i hit edit but it double posted i think? and i mean a few posts ago now not the last one .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Not really. Extreme politics (or politics generally) affects someone's personality. Even if she keeps it to herself, he might well still feel uncomfortable going out with someone who deep down supports a load of neo nazis.
    An actual neo nazi would never vote BNP :rolleyes:

I'm off to bed now, but a final thought for the day:
    If you found out your parents voted BNP, what would your reaction be? Would this affect anything in you relationship with them? I think quite possibly so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superfical space cadet)
    An actual neo nazi would never vote BNP http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    Roll your eyes back, love. The people in charge of the BNP have very neo nazi views and they, err, vote BNP.

ReputationRep:
    i hate that the media has drilled into white people that they're racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Roll your eyes back, love. The people in charge of the BNP have very neo nazi views and they, err, vote BNP.
    Note I said actual neo nazi, Nick Griffin, is a racist **** no doubt about it, but he's not a neo nazi.

(Original post by jaz_jaz)
    so do you want to have a racist as a girlfriend?
    So, all BNP members are racist Nazis? Just like all Muslims are extremists, wanting to take over Britain? :rolleyes:

Most of the BNP's recent members are merely disgruntled, disillusioned working classes who have lost their jobs or are so shocked by the mass immigration that they feel they can find no solution with the major political parties. Don't just brandish them as racists, because you disagree with their point of view.

The double standards on this forum are incredible. It's seemingly unacceptable to generalise a certain group of people or tarnish them with the same brush (usually Muslims), yet it is then acceptable to generalise another. You lot really do need to practice what you preach, your hypocrisy is repulsive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.