Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Jesus? who was he then? i dont belive it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    Jesus? who was he then? i dont belive it.
    God's son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    God's son
    According to the christian religion not everyone agrees with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    According to the christian religion not everyone agrees with that.
    Yes I remember this http://www.uk-learning.net/t32158.html it was quite amusing when I read it.

ReputationRep:
    i gave jesus a DNA test and here is what i found.in the book of the song of solomon 1;5 he says i am black so if he was black and daivd is his father and jesus had to come down the blood line of daivd that make jesus black

ReputationRep:
    so i say yes jesus was a black man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godson)
    i gave jesus a DNA test and here is what i found.in the book of the song of solomon 1;5 he says i am black so if he was black and daivd is his father and jesus had to come down the blood line of daivd that make jesus black
    The song of solomn is very much figerative and black may not relate to the colour of his skin, rather his mood or feeling.
    Anyway, even if David was black (which is doubtful as if you look at everyone living in the middle east today, they are not black (by which I mean very dark brown skin, they are more kind lighter maroon colour.), there were quite a few generations between David and Jesus and it is quite possible for skin colour to change drastically (as can be seen by the Australian scheme of breeding out the Aborigine element of half caste children within 3 generations).

ReputationRep:
    Jesus is my homeboy. So he must be black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Jesus is my homeboy. So he must be black.
    Cool, but I'm sure God being omnipotent 'n' all, could have sent his son down clad in whatever skin-colour he wanted to so it's a non-issue really. He was here to save MANKIND: red,green, orange....whatever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    Cool, but I'm sure God being omnipotent 'n' all, could have sent his son down clad in whatever skin-colour he wanted to so it's a non-issue really. He was here to save MANKIND: red,green, orange....whatever!
    Since Jesus was sent to minister to the Jews, it makes sense that he would have looked Jewish, otherwise they would have have accepted him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Since Jesus was sent to minister to the Jews, it makes sense that he would have looked Jewish, otherwise they would have have accepted him.
    People aren't that fickle surely! I had my face painted as a lion when i went to the Jewish Society meeting at uni and they were lovely to me!

*The above is a lie, it wasn't a lion it was a liger but they couldn't tell the difference*

*The above is also a lie, i didn't go anywhere. I never do*

*The above is also a lie*

*Is the above a lie?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    People aren't that fickle surely! I had my face painted as a lion when i went to the Jewish Society meeting at uni and they were lovely to me!

*The above is a lie, it wasn't a lion it was a liger but they couldn't tell the difference*

*The above is also a lie, i didn't go anywhere. I never do*

*The above is also a lie*

*Is the above a lie?*
    But think about it, if Jesus, who was borne of a Jewish woman, had been very dark skinned, it would have looked very odd.

ReputationRep:
    But think about it, if Jesus, who was borne of a Jewish woman, had been very dark skinned, it would have looked very odd.

I'm sorry Mark, i'm not being serious i'm just mucking around. Ignore my posts.

ReputationRep:
    I think he must have had a touch of the tar brush being from the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    No one 'looks Jewish' - Judaism is a religion, not a racial type!

If he had existed, Jesus would have looked something like this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3958241.stm

ReputationRep:
    The odds on Jesus being Black are extremely high considering he was born in the Middle East!

And people can look Jewish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeoplesPrincess)
    And people can look Jewish!
    So describe how a Jew looks. Or a Christian. Or a Buddhist. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    wow this thread is really interesting! mabey this will help me with my gcse in rs/re

ReputationRep:
    ''So describe how a Jew looks. Or a Christian. Or a Buddhist. ''

Ah, i didn't make myself clear, it is possible to look Jewish because it is possible to look 'Semitic'
    see: http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/semites.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeoplesPrincess)
    ''So describe how a Jew looks. Or a Christian. Or a Buddhist. ''

Ah, i didn't make myself clear, it is possible to look Jewish because it is possible to look 'Semitic'
    see: http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/semites.htm
    You don't know what a Jew is, do you?

Some Jews have Semitic ancestry, as do some Christians, Muslims and atheists. By the very definition from that website, the ancient Semitic populations were pastoral Nomads who, several centuries before the Christian Era, were migrating in large numbers from Arabia to Mesopotamia, the coasts of the Mediterranean Sea, and the Nile River delta.

Being Jewish is not the same as being negroid, caucasoid or mongoloid - there are no physical characteristics that can be used to describe a Jew, e.g. physiognomy, hair colour, eye colour, skin pigmentation, blood groups, lactose intolerance, etc. Jews just follow a particular religion, just as Christians, Muslims or Buddhists do.

There are black Jews from Ethiopia, white Jews from Eastern Europe, semitic Jews from the Middle East and North Africa, Indian Jews from India, Chinese Jews from China, Jews from Spain, France, UK, etc.

It is not possible to 'look Jewish', unless you're talking about the style of dress of Hassidic Jews, which are only a very small minority.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.