Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smh27_2008)
    Thanks...that's going to be a dilemma! I reeeeeally liked my experience at PwC though, so at the moment I'm pretty certain I'm going to accept their offer. However who knows what Wednesday may bring! I don't think I'll get in to be honest because I haven't done anywhere near as much prep as I did for PwC. Yeah you're best to choose the LOS that really interests you even if it is a bit hard to get into, as you say they all are! From personal experience, I can only say applying early seems to be a massive bonus!! I'm sure you will do just fine Keep me posted
    how does the pwc process go?
    applicationn form, online testing, AC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vix_245)
    It was two questions per competency...
    1) Communication and social interaction
    2) Planning and organising
    3) Goal orientation
    4) Intellect, analysis and judgement
    5) Challenge, change and self control
    6) Career motivation and sector awareness

These are the actual competencies, the website only has a few.
    We got told not to use the same example more than twice...just try and think of more examples. Exaggeration can work in small doses haha
    are deloittes competencies on their website or just the general ones to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilma flintstone)
    how does the pwc process go?
    applicationn form, online testing, AC
    It's application form, numerical/diagrammatic tests, telephone interview (basic competencies), then AC which includes paper versions of tests, group excercise and partner interview

ReputationRep:
    I was describing the PwC process I think everyone has to have a telephone interview with them. Have you already got an offer from Deloitte? Which LOS and office?

ReputationRep:
    I was describing the PwC process I think everyone has to have a telephone interview with them. Have you already got an offer from Deloitte? Which LOS and office?
    how far are you with the application process?

ReputationRep:
    Vix, well done! I've got my AC for prof.services Birmingham on weds I've already had an offer from PwC though so I'm not too stressed

Wilma,
    I received an offer from PwC on friday after an AC on thursday Pretty certain I'm going to accept, although I still have my interview with Deloitte weds. How far have you got so far with both Deloitte and Pwc?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am really Well done to you too, yeah I agree, they both seem pretty damn good!

ReputationRep:
    Wilma,
    I received an offer from PwC on friday after an AC on thursday Pretty certain I'm going to accept, although I still have my interview with Deloitte weds. How far have you got so far with both Deloitte and Pwc?[/QUOTE]

ive kinda done the application..just havent sent them off yet.
    worried im gona flop the numerical and verbal reasoning tests so just been putting of sending it

congrats on pwc tho and im sure u'll do great at deloitte
    how was the phone interview at pwc?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!!! I'm sure you'll be fine They're really not too bad at all! Ummm it was ok, although I waaaay preferred the partner interview in the next stage. Wasn't too difficult, just felt very staged whereas the partner interview was just a really interesting conversation!

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!!! I'm sure you'll be fine They're really not too bad at all! Ummm it was ok, although I waaaay preferred the partner interview in the next stage. Wasn't too difficult, just felt very staged whereas the partner interview was just a really interesting conversation!
    Is the PwC phone interview just competencies and 'why PwC?' etc?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah basically! Why PwC, why the LOS you've chosen, what you think you'll be doing and then basic competencies.
    Ooh and something in the news that interests you
    Just feels much more like an interview than the partner one which is much more relaxed.

(Original post by tbtommyb)
    Is the PwC phone interview just competencies and 'why PwC?' etc?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah basically! Why PwC, why the LOS you've chosen, what you think you'll be doing and then basic competencies.
    Ooh and something in the news that interests you
    Just feels much more like an interview than the partner one which is much more relaxed.
    OK, that sounds manageable. Competency interviews are fine in person when they're not too formulaic but I can imagine it'll be pretty formal over the phone.

I got my date for the Deloitte AC today too, next Tuesday. Anyone else going? It doesn't seem to have the e-tray or anything like that though there is a presentation (I'm assuming I'm giving it, not listening to one). It's a full seven hours! With ACs is it more that you'll be fine as long as you don't mess up, or do you really have to excel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbtommyb)
    OK, that sounds manageable. Competency interviews are fine in person when they're not too formulaic but I can imagine it'll be pretty formal over the phone.

I got my date for the Deloitte AC today too, next Tuesday. Anyone else going? It doesn't seem to have the e-tray or anything like that though there is a presentation (I'm assuming I'm giving it, not listening to one). It's a full seven hours! With ACs is it more that you'll be fine as long as you don't mess up, or do you really have to excel?

7hrs wow thats long.
    are u applying for the audit and tax rotation...or consulting?
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the joy of applying for consulting - if ur successful with this one then u will have another day there with a partner interview and your e-tray. Good luck! I think they are looking for particular things about u as to whether they let u continue to next stage or not - mine was 5 hours long (lunch included, so i guess urs will be too) and I just tried to act professional and to appear confident to anyone I was talking to. Also ask questions about what job anyone u meet does - especially ur interviewer (that can be ur end of interview question if u need it) and any assessors u get to talk to

when they ask 'have you got any questions' is that the kinda of questions they expect you to ask, about them?
    i always wondered about that

for the AC do they test u during lunch as well...its networking session i guess right?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh the joy of applying for consulting - if ur successful with this one then u will have another day there with a partner interview and your e-tray. Good luck! I think they are looking for particular things about u as to whether they let u continue to next stage or not - mine was 5 hours long (lunch included, so i guess urs will be too) and I just tried to act professional and to appear confident to anyone I was talking to. Also ask questions about what job anyone u meet does - especially ur interviewer (that can be ur end of interview question if u need it) and any assessors u get to talk to
    Are you sure about that? I had a look at the process as described on the website and it has the e-tray and all that, and there's no further stage. I think the email is just oddly worded. And it does mention an interview with senior staff, which is presumably the partner interview.

ReputationRep:
    Yea consulting has two rounds of interviews/assessment days...see
    http://careers.deloitte.com/united-k...ontentID=12545
    Oh I see what you mean. I've already had the first round interview.

ReputationRep:
    Birmigham, summer vacation scheme 2010 What about you? I had my Assessment centre with PwC yesterday but I haven't really done much preparation for Deloitte specifics yet.
    are you in second year of uni? Do you know if I can apply for this summer scheme even though Ive just finished my A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ongels)
    Cool, which stream? I've applied for the Consulting Summer vacation scheme in London and am going to interview soon (and am currently working on my PwC application )
    are you in second year of uni? Do you know if I can apply for this summer scheme even though Ive just finished my A Levels?

ReputationRep:
    The people who applied for professional services rotation scheme (or even consulting), what sort of commercial awareness questions were you asked?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else been given offers yet?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.