Lampard (c)
    Barry
    Kuyt
    Neville
    Muamba

Torres
    Davies
    Rodriguez

For now anyway, get the feeling ill change it all up before the season starts!
    There's a high chance two of your expensive defenders won't play, unless Arbeloa replaces Aurelio at left back because he's injured for the year, and O'Shea is first choice right-back, which I can't see tbh.

Apart from that it's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Their mark-up is nowhere near as bad as the defenders. 7m for Alex?! 7.5m for Zhirkov?!
    Last year Boswinga and A.Cole were about 6.0, and an 8.0 defender didn't exist :emo:

Just gone with Spurs, Fulham and Everton defenders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Last year Boswinga and A.Cole were about 6.0, and an 8.0 defender didn't exist :emo:

Just gone with Spurs, Fulham and Everton defenders.
    Even Everton defenders are expensive tbf. 6.5m for the regulars.

I can never trust the Spurs defence. Fulham is a good shout, though they don't have a great run of games at the beginning.

I'll stick to three defenders + keeper coming from the top four teams, then pick a cheap fourth and fifth defender to make up for the expense.

Having the Gerrard Lampard combo doesn't help with funds either, but I think it's the right call since both Liverpool and Chelsea have very decent games until gameweek 8 when they play each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    There's a high chance two of your expensive defenders won't play, unless Arbeloa replaces Aurelio at left back because he's injured for the year, and O'Shea is first choice right-back, which I can't see tbh.

Apart from that it's pretty good.
    Yea it occurred to me afterwards that Johnson will have RB and O'Shea only played so much due to the injuries. Havent really looked at the fixture list either so will be shifting a few around yet.

ReputationRep:
    Changed my team already

Cech
    Sorensen

Davies
    Hughes
    Baines
    Evra
    Turner

Lampard
    Milner
    Kuyt
    Neville
    Surman

Anelka
    Jo
    Jerome

:p:

ReputationRep:
    coming up last will be me this year

ReputationRep:
    Version 0.12 Beta...

With the view to substitute Eagles for Arshavin and Torres for Beattie in time for gameweek 3. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Can i join?

ReputationRep:
    Version 0.12 Beta...

With the view to substitute Eagles for Arshavin and Torres for Beattie in time for gameweek 3. :woo:
    It's very defence heavy, but you can't argue with some of the players there :yy:

:rofl: You only have one player that either doesn't play for any of the promoted teams or any of the top four.

ReputationRep:
    Who likes the new ability that they substitue captains !

ReputationRep:
    It's very defence heavy, but you can't argue with some of the players there :yy:

:rofl: You only have one player that either doesn't play for any of the promoted teams or any of the top four.
    :awesome:

If you have the big hitters in your side, + top four defenders, then you can only afford the cheapest players to make up the rest of your team! And obviously the cheapest players play for the promoted sides.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

If you have the big hitters in your side, + top four defenders, then you can only afford the cheapest players to make up the rest of your team! And obviously the cheapest players play for the promoted sides.
    I cant decide if I should go with expensive defenders...
    Midfield players seemed to do the best last season, with strikers being the weakest option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    I cant decide if I should go with expensive defenders...
    Midfield players seemed to do the best last season, with strikers being the weakest option.
    Yeah that's why I think a midfield trio of Lampard, Gerrard and Arshavin could be deadly. But last season was quite unique I think as there wasn't a stand out striker who was scoring all season like Torres or Adebayor in 2007/08. Drogba and Torres are the ones to watch out for this year I think.

Even with £14.5m Ronaldo gone, I still don't have any money for a good strike force!

ReputationRep:
    I aint done mine yet. Might do it tonight. Shame (well its a good thing most likely) i can't have any Newcastle players in this year. I think i'll go for a couple of risky players coming up from the championship. They always do well for the first few weeks of the season!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's why I think a midfield trio of Lampard, Gerrard and Arshavin could be deadly. But last season was quite unique I think as there wasn't a stand out striker who was scoring all season like Torres or Adebayor in 2007/08. Drogba and Torres are the ones to watch out for this year I think.

Even with £14.5m Ronaldo gone, I still don't have any money for a good strike force!
    You may be right about the trio.
    I dont really want both Gerrard and Torres in the side, either they both do well or neither do well, too hit and miss for me. So ill probably stick to Torres (Gone for Anelka for now since Chelsea have an easy start and then ill switch to Torres I think).
    Utd are a weird one.. you know their team should do well but no one really stands out in terms of who should be added to FF (other than their expensive defenders).

ReputationRep:
    The value of some players is ridiculous. Valencia at 8.5m is shocking. Nani at 7.0 is far better value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    You may be right about the trio.
    I dont really want both Gerrard and Torres in the side, either they both do well or neither do well, too hit and miss for me. So ill probably stick to Torres (Gone for Anelka for now since Chelsea have an easy start and then ill switch to Torres I think).
    Utd are a weird one.. you know their team should do well but no one really stands out in terms of who should be added to FF (other than their expensive defenders).

Yeah I may switch back to Drogba again - I'm just wary because I have no idea what kind of team Ancelotti will put out. All I know is that Lampard will definitely be playing. The same can't be said of Liverpool, where Carragher, Gerrard and Torres will always be starting as long as they're fit (for the beginning of the season anyway).

United have not started well the past few seasons so I've refrained from putting Rooney in my team for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I may switch back to Drogba again - I'm just wary because I have no idea what kind of team Ancelotti will put out. All I know is that Lampard will definitely be playing. The same can't be said of Liverpool, where Carragher, Gerrard and Torres will always be starting as long as they're fit (for the beginning of the season anyway).

United have not started well the past few seasons so I've refrained from putting Rooney in my team for the time being.
    Wonder if Drogba or Anelka will lead the line? Not watched enough of Chelsea...
    Carra is kinda expensive, wouldnt have minded Agger or Skrtel but rotation will kick in and screw up points.
    Rooney hasnt scored enough for my liking... its weird not putting Ronaldo into FF though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    The value of some players is ridiculous. Valencia at 8.5m is shocking. Nani at 7.0 is far better value.
    Nani is excellent value, but I've not put him in for the same reason I haven't put Owen in - there's no guarantee he'll play. I'd rather get somebody like Milner, for the same price as Nani, who is likely to play every week.

Of course, there's no guarantee that Valencia will play either.

Deco still at 8.5 is a joke too. How he can be the same price as proven points scorers like Arteta and Young is beyond me.

Song as a defender for 5.5 seems pretty decent. Assuming that Arsenal don't buy a DM, he'll play most games, and he's cheaper than regular top four defenders.

ReputationRep:
    Nani is excellent value, but I've not put him in for the same reason I haven't put Owen in - there's no guarantee he'll play. I'd rather get somebody like Milner, for the same price as Nani, who is likely to play every week.

Of course, there's no guarantee that Valencia will play either.

Deco still at 8.5 is a joke too. How he can be the same price as proven points scorers like Arteta and Young is beyond me.

Song as a defender for 5.5 seems pretty decent. Assuming that Arsenal don't buy a DM, he'll play most games, and he's cheaper than regular top four defenders.
    Yea I agree with your first point. A few regular points adds up to quite a bit over time.
    Have Chelsea not sold Deco yet? Probably just due to what an amazing start (2 games?) he had last season.

Oooh *steals Song tip* I think I might bring him in at the start of the season if Arsenal dont buy anyone else...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.