Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Great banter. They've known each other since they were 9/10... BFF :awesome:

I missed the deadline.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    I missed the deadline.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUU.
    ??

(Original post by R-KAM)
    ??
    oh. I though I posted this in the CL FF thread,

Can't even sub in Sneijder. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    oh. I though I posted this in the CL FF thread,

Can't even sub in Sneijder. :facepalm2:
    What a fanny. Here was me thinking it might have been something important. Then I remembered you're ****

(Original post by R-KAM)
    What a fanny. Here was me thinking it might have been something important. Then I remembered you're ****
    :nn:

ReputationRep:
    :nn:

:heart:

(Original post by R-KAM)
    :heart:
    :sexface:

Spurs have really gotten into their stride today...

ReputationRep:
    Eto'o is a legend. I love that guy. He's sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

(Original post by Deshi)
    Eto'o is a legend. I love that guy. He's sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
    Sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    Nooo. I think he's an amazing player. I have never been more dumbfounded with a transfer. Eto'o plus money for Ibrahimovic. Wtf were Barca thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Nooo. I think he's an amazing player. I have never been more dumbfounded with a transfer. Eto'o plus money for Ibrahimovic. Wtf were Barca thinking.
    Inb4 some silly justification about contract length or wages

(Original post by Deshi)
    I agree tbh. He needs one more goal this season to match his entire tally of last season. When Eto'o is in form, he is class.

Lyon are getting hammered.

ReputationRep:
    Barca really need to learn how to win away CL games :sigh:

Also Maicon is playing like complete **** nowadays. Forget about Bale torturing him, even in Serie A he doesn't look right.

Alves>Maicon tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Inb4 some silly justification about contract length or wages
    Inb4 people don't realise for the hundredth time that Eto'o wanted to leave. Barca had two options, lose him for free or use him as bargaining chip. Both equally bad choices to have to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Inb4 people don't realise for the hundredth time that Eto'o wanted to leave. Barca had two options, lose him for free or use him as bargaining chip. Both equally bad choices to have to make.
    Or sell him somewhere else?

£40mil for Ibra right? I might be wrong about the figures but £40mil is about what he was worth at the time. You probably would have got £10-15mil for Eto, even in his last year. It was a silly silly transfer and I can't see how people can defend it.

On a side note, why was Eto's contract allowed to run down? Did Barca assume he would sign it eventually, or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    Or sell him somewhere else?

£40mil for Ibra right? I might be wrong about the figures but £40mil is about what he was worth at the time. You probably would have got £10-15mil for Eto, even in his last year. It was a silly silly transfer and I can't see how people can defend it.

On a side note, why was Eto's contract allowed to run down? Did Barca assume he would sign it eventually, or...
    Because he refused to sign a contract. That is the whole point of the story, why do you think an available Samuel Eto'o two years ago only had one bid on his head? From Man City. It's because

A) City wanted to snap him up before everyone else because they know if Eto'o is free he won't go to them
    B) Why buy a player that has no intention to stay at his current club when you can wait one six months and offer him a contract. Which is the only choice for most clubs due to his high salary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Because he refused to sign a contract. That is the whole point of the story, why do you think an available Samuel Eto'o two years ago only had one bid on his head? From Man City. It's because

A) City wanted to snap him up before everyone else because they know if Eto'o is free he won't go to them
    B) Why buy a player that has no intention to stay at his current club when you can wait one six months and offer him a contract. Which is the only choice for most clubs due to his high salary.
    I meant before that, like when he had 2 years left. Surely there must have been signs of unhappiness or was it just a drastic change of heart?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.