Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comrade_jon)
    The bartering doesn't really happen, because they get your results and decide before you even see yours. Hence why on results day people tend to log into UCAS to see if their place has been confirmed or not.

The case for most, if not all, colleges is that if you miss out on your offer (which even if you got A*s in everything else is still missing out) you need to photocopy your module results to them, but largely I think it's safe to say you'd still get in with an A* elsewhere
    OOh thanks there's hope. I did better in maths than psychology (missed out A* by 5 UMS in psych) which is strange so i guess i should keep trying for the A* in both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortduct)
    Hey - does your freshers pack have anything special for engineering?

I got one for my college, but there isn't really much about engineering (the subject I have an offer for) in mine, just a mention about some problems that I presume we receive after results.
    It's particularly for engineers - it has preparatory problems for engineers to work through during summer and also info on industrial placements (including email details on the guy responsible for them at Cambridge) and also info and preparation for the mindstorms week at the beginning of the first year.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm somewhat new to this entire thing
    Congrats to all of you with offers!
    I got an offer from Churchill College doing med so i can't wait till October! Just thought id get used to the meeting new ppl aspect of the experience :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kandrewz)
    Hey guys I'm somewhat new to this entire thing
    Congrats to all of you with offers!
    I got an offer from Churchill College doing med so i can't wait till October! Just thought id get used to the meeting new ppl aspect of the experience :P
    Hello
    I've got an offer to do medicine too (at murray ewards)!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really excited I can't wait!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ith)
    I just want to leave home now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ith)
    i'm really excited :d i can't wait!!
    same!!! :d :d :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    It's particularly for engineers - it has preparatory problems for engineers to work through during summer and also info on industrial placements (including email details on the guy responsible for them at Cambridge) and also info and preparation for the mindstorms week at the beginning of the first year.
    Hey - thanks for the reply! I got just got the same documents as you (by post).

I love some of the suggestions: "Watch some YouTube videos" ... got that sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ith)
    me too!!!

btw, congrats on your Jan results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortduct)
    Hey - thanks for the reply! I got just got the same documents as you (by post).

I love some of the suggestions: "Watch some YouTube videos" ... got that sorted
    lol, yeah i liked the youtube thing also how they basically said 'play with lego'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mc^3)
    Why not? It's not like we have our own one, called "Cambridge offer holders 2011"...
    well, look where this post is

or are you telling me that one thread is not enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermione17)
    well, look where this post is

or are you telling me that one thread is not enough?
    My mind is boggled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobie)
    x
    (Original post by Gooner231)
    x
    (Original post by jonnyboy1993)
    x
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    x
    (Original post by Mc^3)
    x
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    x
    We have our own thread here to chat

(Original post by Zoedotdot)
    x
    I am trying to make them move to here

ReputationRep:

Ta! Would rep you but I already repped your post above Should just reiterate though, DO keep posting in the other thread because it's nice to have lots of people available, just maybe less focused on Newnham jokes and more on applicant jokes :p:

ReputationRep:

Goody two-shoes :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ta! Would rep you but I already repped your post above Should just reiterate though, DO keep posting in the other thread because it's nice to have lots of people available, just maybe less focused on Newnham jokes and more on applicant jokes :p:
    But this thread is rubbish. :puppyeyes:

Meh, we still have Skype...

ReputationRep:

lmao.
    Assertive. I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, i cant wait till next year...... hehe you guys have great conversations

ReputationRep:
    I will visit the 2012 thread frequently. I just wish there were some engineering applicants for 2012 there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    But this thread is rubbish. :puppyeyes:

Meh, we still have Skype...
    You have the one in society chat as well don't you? That's the one I was thinking of

Right, officially quitting bossing people around for the evening :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.