Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    I bet you it's sol. Not sure that's the best of ideas considering the time he's been having at Newcastle.
    Watching Sol at Nc has provided me with some laughs I hope he doesn't come

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
      I don't think Koscielny has been unimpressive.

To me he defends a lot like Martin Keown used to. He just needs to learn to be a bit more positionally aware and he'll make an excellent defender. He's got the pace, aerial ability and bravery already.
      I agree, that's why I said Spahic would be the likeliest option. However, this report suggests that Wenger wants someone with Premier League experience - Jagielka and Lescott have been touted as being linked. I think Lescott would be the favourite if he wasn't at City... Is Jagielka starting for Everton these days?

EDIT: Also, predicted team for tonight?

Szczesny
      Eboue Koscielny Djourou Gibbs
      Denilson
      Wilshere Rosicky
      Bendtner-------------------------Arshavin
      RVP

Though why Wenger persists with Bendtner on the wing, I'll never know. Surely the logical arrangement with the same lineup would be:

Arshavin
      Bendtner RVP

ReputationRep:
      Wenger's hinted the possibility of signing Titus Bramble until the end of the season.

(Original post by Stalin)
        Wenger's hinted the possibility of signing Titus Bramble until the end of the season.
        :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
        Would be a good shout, not sure Bruce will let him leave though, seems to have a craving for Bramble.

ReputationRep:
        Predictions? I'm going 4-0
        Ramsey to get a goal on his return.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Captain92)
        Predictions? I'm going 4-0
        Ramsey to get a goal on his return.
        I'd say that was optimistic, especially considering that it's away, but taking Chelsea's battering of them into account I guess it's not off the cards.

As always it largely depends on who plays and I think after the weekend a few players in particular will be looking to prove a point, whether they actually can or not is a different matter, but I don't think a lack of effort will be a problem from our side. I reckon whatever the score ends up as we'll be looking back at the game saying we could've scored about 5 more, I still reckon we'll get a result though and I'll say 3-0.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JK.)
        I'd say that was optimistic, especially considering that it's away, but taking Chelsea's battering of them into account I guess it's not off the cards.

As always it largely depends on who plays and I think after the weekend a few players in particular will be looking to prove a point, whether they actually can or not is a different matter, but I don't think a lack of effort will be a problem from our side. I reckon whatever the score ends up as we'll be looking back at the game saying we could've scored about 5 more, I still reckon we'll get a result though and I'll say 3-0.
        Yeah I was taking the Chelsea result into account and also hoping that whoever is playing will have a bit of fire in their bellies to make up for that poor showing against Leeds.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JK.)

That is the only thing certain with this team

ReputationRep:
        I'll take a 3-1 victory as a predo.

ReputationRep:
        I'll take a 3-1 victory as a predo.
        Shezza in goal, ffs. Unless they get a pen I can't see them scoring. [/jinxed it]

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JK.)
        Shezza in goal, ffs. Unless they get a pen I can't see them scoring. [/jinxed it]
        Touch wood :sexface:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JK.)
        In goal he may be, but unless AW drags Koscielny back in to partner Djourou (I secretly hope Nordtveit plays actually) I've got a niggling feeling we'll concede, especially as we're away.

ReputationRep:
        In goal he may be, but unless AW drags Koscielny back in to partner Djourou (I secretly hope Nordtveit plays actually) I've got a niggling feeling we'll concede, especially as we're away.
        That'd be a miracle...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A5vard_Nordtveit

ReputationRep:
        Wow, I did not know we'd sold him.

I thought he was Reserves captain? :lolwut:

Eastmond might start I guess. Or Song might fill in there. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
        I was looking forward to seeing Nordveit as well, but like Ross says, I somehow doubt that'll happen tonight. Miquel is one I'd like to see feature in the not too distant future, not immediately, though.

ReputationRep:
        Wouldn't mind getting another look at Boateng as well.

Wow, I did not know we'd sold him.

I thought he was Reserves captain? :lolwut:

Eastmond might start I guess. Or Song might fill in there. :dontknow:
          Yup, we sold him about a week or so ago. That's why Miquel is the Reserves captain now.

Tbh, I'm not very excited about Miquel. If he displays anything close to promise/talent, Barca will come out with their DNA scheme. I'm more looking forward to Boateng, he sounds promising.

ReputationRep:
          --Szczesny--
          --Eboue---Djourou--Koscielny---Gibbs--
          --Denilson--
          --Cesc--------Wilshere--
          --Walcott-----------------------Arshavin--
          --Bendtner--

Should do the job.

Ipswich playing 3 up top, so I doubt they'll park the bus.

ReputationRep:
          Hopefully Ipswich don't start at a high tempo, and Bendtner and Arshavin put some effort in the game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.