Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgiaS94)
    Does anyone know of a business which has had a change in culture without a change of ceo? Finding it really difficult to find one!
    Probably not since most big business believe culture change starts with the CEO

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a business which has had a change in culture without a change of ceo? Finding it really difficult to find one!
    Royal Mail with Moya Greene to an extent

ReputationRep:
    Think i may have found something useful in helping evaluate culture questions http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...hart-senn.html

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, maybe Sports Direct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james2557)
    Could anyone think of points for this question:

Can a corporate culture be improved significantly by rewarding greater risk-taking?
    1. YES: Apple/ Google- this can be good as this may mean more success to the business

2. NO: Barclays: due to the PPI scandal (libol) this will lead to a rapid deterioration in their business and they will fail even more (negative media: exploitation of customers)
    3. NO: Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) ^^ pretty the same..

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone help me plan JUN12 BUSS4 Q03 answer?

ReputationRep:
    any one got a good example for globalization?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    Could anyone help me plan JUN12 BUSS4 Q03 answer?
    I think I've answered this question as a mock... I'll check

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberley_jane)
    any one got a good example for globalization?
    Starbucks

ReputationRep:
    What is the whole slio mentality and sony thing all about? I cant find a link between the two, isnt slio mentality when one department fails to share information with the other??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)
    Starbucks
    thankyou! do you have any links to info on this/any information you have about it before I look it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astarplease01)
    100% truthful i shouldnt have done the exam in january but my teachers entered us anyway because they thought it would help us understand what we would need to do for the exam in june. I just talked to my teacher about a few big companies and just used my general knowledge and the technique i leanrnt from buss3 and chatted BS thru the whole exam.

Right before the exam i couldnt be bothered to do it because i thought i would blantly fail but my teacher forced me because if i didnt go i would have to pay a find apparently.

Worked out in the end. :biggrin::biggrin:

Think thats mad this is even more crazy,
    I got my buss2 remarked from a 72/120ums all the way up to 117/120 ums.
    Wow that's amazing I guess im going to try that and yeah your remark in buss2 don't surprise me haha I got mine remarked from 69/120 ums to 108/120 ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberley_jane)
    thankyou! do you have any links to info on this/any information you have about it before I look it up?
    Nope! But basically they have grown a lot in the BRICs and they have done this due to their ethical behaviour! 93% ethical they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)
    Nope! But basically they have grown a lot in the BRICs and they have done this due to their ethical behaviour! 93% ethical they are.
    thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    What is the best business/businesses examples to use for weak culture please?

ReputationRep:
    How we do we structure section b?

ReputationRep:
    What are some good examples of bad/poor leaders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CGEEZ_95)
    Barclays, Enron..Think anyone who does badly can be considered as having a weak culture?

ReputationRep:
    Vodafone in early talks to buy Germany's biggest cable operator
    World's second biggest mobile operator makes preliminary approach for Kabel Deutschland
    A deal would allow Vodafone immediate access to the German company's infrastructure at a time when customers are increasingly keen to take television, broadband, mobile and fixed-line services from one provider.
    Vodafone has around 404m customers, with 32m in Germany at the end of March making it the country's biggest mobile operator. Kabel Deutschland provides cable services to around 15m homes.

This is a very good example of mergers and takeovers, its including the EU and such...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CGEEZ_95)
    Kodak, Amazon with their subculture in Rugley with their warehouses that's all the business I can think of :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.