Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    We must be quite lucky starting on the 4th then! Anyone go back even later than that?
    Interview on 4th, assembly on 5th and school begins on the 9th. But we had no study leave at all.

ReputationRep:
    You all just need to relax it'll be fine on results day!
    Last year, I was as nervous as you all seem. I was worried i wouldn't get my grades and i shouldn't have because i did fine. The only subject i bodged was Spanish with a B when i should have got A* but in the long run it doesn't matter much.
    JUST RELAX!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared this is my first ever results day and the pressure is on me from my family to do the best! I've only done two GCSEs and I'm quite pessimistic so I think I've done really badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilJackson)
    You all just need to relax it'll be fine on results day!
    Last year, I was as nervous as you all seem. I was worried i wouldn't get my grades and i shouldn't have because i did fine. The only subject i bodged was Spanish with a B when i should have got A* but in the long run it doesn't matter much.
    JUST RELAX!
    This might seem like a stupid question but did you do better than you expected? Also when did you really start to get nervous about the results? I'm not too bad now, but I expect the week before I will be pretty worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    Interview on 4th, assembly on 5th and school begins on the 9th. But we had no study leave at all.
    Whaaaaaaaa .. I go back on the 3rd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    None of us even know if we've got accepted in the sixth form, we're finding out in the interview :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kill3er)
    None of us even know if we've got accepted in the sixth form, we're finding out in the interview :L
    oh my chosen 6th form basically said to me in February we can't OFFICIALLY welcome you to 6th form until results day, but welcome to 6th form

ReputationRep:
    Last year I went on holiday during results day. So I checked my Geography Edexcel result online at 6AM (America time) and read a big "F" - freaked out then went back to sleep. Didn't even tell my parents what it was. Came back to England, realised the "F" stood for "Female" and I actually got an A*

how did you check your grades online? I'm on holiday on results day and have to wait till I'm home 4 days later to see my results, which the school are posting to me.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get A's in the sciences as my idiotic teachers predicted that I will get B's although I got A's/A*'s in my first modules. I want to go up to them and results day and be like 'huh? proved you wrong *****ES'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medskarim)
    I really want to get A's in the sciences as my idiotic teachers predicted that I will get B's although I got A's/A*'s in my first modules. I want to go up to them and results day and be like 'huh? proved you wrong *****ES'
    You go girl I so want to do that to my English teacher...not feeling so confident about it though.

ReputationRep:
    oh my chosen 6th form basically said to me in February we can't OFFICIALLY welcome you to 6th form until results day, but welcome to 6th form
    Lol similar situation here

ReputationRep:
    I go back on the 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Lol similar situation here
    :five: guess we're really good.
    although I did apply to my own school, and i'm easily the smartest y11 :L (not being arrogant there )

(Original post by Mr.Nor)
    I go back on the 4th
    guess we're unlucky in that way

although i'd be bored by then and excited to get back so I guess we're also lucky ;D

ReputationRep:
    although I did apply to my own school, and i'm easily the smartest y11 :L (not being arrogant there )

although i'd be bored by then and excited to get back so I guess we're also lucky ;D
    I'm already bored honestly, I kinda want to get back to routine lol

ReputationRep:
    I go back on the 4th
    SOOOO DO IIIIIIIIII!

No worries haha I applied to a sixth form where literally 8/10 people of that Year 11 decided to stay, so that explained the jolly talking and chattering on Induction day, and why me and my friends and the small amount of Year 11s from other schools got blanked basically. They are smart though...we asked one if anyone got Bs in their triple science, they laughed and said they got all A*s bar a couple with As. Yep I'm freaked out.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, i am absolutely terrified for results day...especially as the subjects i'm least confident in, grade wise, are the subjects i'm meant to take next year.

Well done, brain. xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm already bored honestly, I kinda want to get back to routine lol

SOOOO DO IIIIIIIIII!

No worries haha I applied to a sixth form where literally 8/10 people of that Year 11 decided to stay, so that explained the jolly talking and chattering on Induction day, and why me and my friends and the small amount of Year 11s from other schools got blanked basically. They are smart though...we asked one if anyone got Bs in their triple science, they laughed and said they got all A*s bar a couple with As. Yep I'm freaked out.
    well in my 6th form as far as i'm aware we are all from the same school bar 1 girl who knows most of the others anyway ? ...well I'm gonna be the only person in mine with A*'s :L ..... think we should swap ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicNerd)
    Oh my god, i am absolutely terrified for results day...especially as the subjects i'm least confident in, grade wise, are the subjects i'm meant to take next year.

Well done, brain. xD
    Aw I feel that way for English Lit, as I had such a bad teacher. Good luck anyway!
    well in my 6th form as far as i'm aware we are all from the same school bar 1 girl who knows most of the others anyway ? ...well I'm gonna be the only person in mine with A*'s :L ..... think we should swap ;D
    This is the most ironic thing I've seen in along time. You're so lucky! Lol yeah we should

ReputationRep:
    Aw I feel that way for English Lit, as I had such a bad teacher. Good luck anyway!

This is the most ironic thing I've seen in along time. You're so lucky! Lol yeah we should
    what A levels you taking ?

ReputationRep:
    what A levels you taking ?
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit What about yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.