Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    A was a d quark, not a neutron.
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

ReputationRep:
    Decent exam but I always forget what answers I put straight away I'll remember once I've seen the paper gain though!

ReputationRep:
    I honestly thought that paper was harder than the last two, made so many stupid mistakes so I'm hoping for low grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing an Unofficial Mark Scheme??

Also the oscilloscope question, so that it showed two cycles in 12 divisions, shouldnt the calibration be 5/3 ms per division for timebase and 20v per division for y-gain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglj81)
    Is anyone doing an Unofficial Mark Scheme??

Also the oscilloscope question, so that it showed two cycles in 12 divisions, shouldnt the calibration be 5/3 ms per division for timebase and 20v per division for y-gain
    It was 10 divisions :confused: so 2ms/division

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Do you have the mark scheme for this paper, by any chance?
    Hey, im retaking could you please let ke know if you find the markscheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    It was 10 divisions :confused: so 2ms/division
    oh shizzz i thought it was 12 !! how many marks do you think ill loose

ReputationRep:
    No, they only assess significant figures on one question in the paper. On this paper it was the threshold frequency, which should have been to two sig figs.
    Brilliant, had a 50% chance of getting it right and got it! Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    for the last question i made the dumbest mistake, i forgot to subtract the resistance of the fixed resistor, so i got 35000 instead of 30000, how many marks will i loose? is it just going to be one as its kind of an arithmetic error... i think it was out of 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglj81)
    oh shizzz i thought it was 12 !! how many marks do you think ill loose
    If you got the 16v/ division you would definitely get one. Nobody is really sure what the third mark was for on that question so I don't know if you'd lose another or not
    But worse case scenario you lose 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maloneyyy)
    Would it not be (38X1.6X10^-19)/(48X1.67X10^-27) because it was the specific charge of the ion and not just the nucleus so the charge would be the protons and the electrons over the mass?

No, because the total charge on an ion is the positive charges minus the negative charges, which on a positive ion is : the charge on ion x1.60x10^-19

ReputationRep:
    They don't even start the mark scheme until the papers have been marked.
    They don't finalise it* they'll have draft copies already

ReputationRep:
    For the specific charge question -
    if you've got the right answer, but did not include the electrons i.e

= 20(1.6x10^-19) / 48(1.67x10^-27) = 3.99x10^7

how many marks do you lose?
    You might get one method mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagadon)
    the Oscilloscope question was 16V per division and 2ms per division, and it was out of 3 marks, does anyone know what the 3rd mark was for?
    I made such a stupid mistake! I got 8 volts or division because I didn't consider negative voltages! I am not sure about the third point!

ReputationRep:
    If you got the 16v/ division you would definitely get one. Nobody is really sure what the third mark was for on that question so I don't know if you'd lose another or not
    But worse case scenario you lose 2
    I think you'd get the mark for leaving it at 20Vdiv^-1 i've never encountered a oscilloscope that works in increments less than 5

ReputationRep:
    someone holla at der teacher an get de exam paper?

ReputationRep:
    Wait, so it's wrong to say that both leptons and hadrons can interact through the weak interaction? You had to implicitly say that hadrons decay through the weak interaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dada55)
    Wait, so it's wrong to say that both leptons and hadrons can interact through the weak interaction? You had to implicitly say that hadrons decay through the weak interaction?
    yes it's wrong to say first part of your answer. Hadrons do decay through weak interaction. In fact, every decay happened in weak interaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    yes it's wrong to say first part of your answer. Hadrons do decay through weak interaction. In fact, every decay happened in weak interaction.
    I'm pretty sure electron capture is an interaction (and not a decay) which involves both hadrons and leptons and the force involved is the weak interaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dada55)
    I'm pretty sure electron capture is an interaction (and not a decay) which involves both hadrons and leptons and the force involved is the weak interaction?
    Electron capture is a decay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.