Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Szczesny is class!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    If I was him and actually had class, I wouldn't have given a statement essentially lowering the value arsenal would get for him or leave to one of our historic rivals but left to juve

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think with him that wasn't a question of class, that's just intelligence and van Persie's never struck me as even average in terms of intelligence lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh Podi Podi Podi

One-nil to the Arseeenaaaall

ReputationRep:
    boring game but we won. Impressed with our resilience again.

ReputationRep:
    1 down, 2 to go...

huge game tommorow.. anything but 3 points for chelsea, and CL football is in arsenals hands..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    In my opinion Chelsea will win tomorrow... Desire counts for a lot and if you to take RvP out of united, Chelsea are probably the better team.

I am hoping that RvP looks to make sure Chelsea drop points, you can all say what you like but he loves this club, however he was just turned 29 and he needed to win something before he retired. I think he's been a class act since he left and he's showed me at least that he left for success, not for money. If I was him last season I'd have gone to united over city without a thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    have you not seen the video of him admitting he laughed at the contract arsenal offered him and jumped at the chance when united offered him more than double?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Guys serious question me and my mates were having this discussion earlier 'Do you think Podolski is slightly overrated?'. As I've watched him this season, he's had a decent season but he drifts in and out of games too much, I think the amount of caps which he has for Germany gives us this impression that he's a class player. Btw don't get me wrong I like Podolski it's just this discussion got me thinking.
    I thought of this while I was watching the match. I'm guessing it's why he was never picked up by a bigger club after bayern.
    Podolski will need another season to be judged, he's playing in an unfamiliar role. Really should be playing off the striker, left wing he's decent enough I guess and he has decent stats. Doesn't seem to be able to terrorize defenders for 90mins but he does have talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    1 down, 2 to go...

huge game tommorow.. anything but 3 points for chelsea, and CL football is in arsenals hands..
    Chelsea wont get all 3 point tomorrow I'm sure. SAF would have been disappointed with the draw against Arsenal. He's still sore from getting knocked out of the FA cup and don't forget about his rivalry with Rafa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I thought of this while I was watching the match. I'm guessing it's why he was never picked up by a bigger club after bayern.
    Podolski will need another season to be judged, he's playing in an unfamiliar role. Really should be playing off the striker, left wing he's decent enough I guess and he has decent stats. Doesn't seem to be able to terrorize defenders for 90mins but he does have talent.
    Just like Arshavin, we can't afford to play him in the behind the striker role. Can see why he didn't really make it at Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    have you not seen the video of him admitting he laughed at the contract arsenal offered him and jumped at the chance when united offered him more than double?
    You better not be talking about that talksport video haha :facepalm:

Either way, get your head out of the clouds... After all he did last season and at 29 years of age, you'd find it insulting if Wenger came along and said here's your **** wage structure contract, retire with us and maybe, just maybe we'll win a couple of trophies before you're 34. Knowing fully well that teams who win constantly are willing to put down 2/3 times that and you know you'll definitely find out what it feels like to win. He's a man, he's got a family a relatively short career that's coming to an end (a history of injury problems that doesn't guarantee he'll last into his 30s).

I believe we'll be back much sooner than most of us think, but a player doesn't know that and he obviously didn't want to gamble.

Edit: Although yes If it's legit, admitting you laughed at the contract isn't cool. We all know that wasn't the decider though, he wanted to leave, or he could've done a Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Just like Arshavin, we can't afford to play him in the behind the striker role. Can see why he didn't really make it at Bayern.
    Yeah, I don't really watch germany but he seems to be decent enough when he plays for them e.g. the world cup. He doesn't start for them anymore am i right.

Maybe he'd be a good idea to play there if you need a goal and want to go 4-4-2 with giroud up top. Bar that there's no point having him as the striker he's been pretty underwhelming in that position. Gervinho probably has the same level of effectiveness up top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    x
    Which video of rvp laughing at the contract offer are you talking about. Got link for this? Or am I missing some sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    Never thought he was amazing for germany after 2008, just enjoyed watching the mid/long range shots he had but he barley scores long range goals for us. If bayern munich have managed to get players of robben standard working as hard as he did against barca then there is no way padolski has a chance of getting into that side. He might have a problem with his attitude or he needs to play off a bigman, not sure who he played off at koln.

ReputationRep:
    You better not be talking abut that talksport video haha :facepalm:

Either way, get your head out of the clouds... After all he did last season and at 29 years of age, you'd find it insulting if Wenger came along and said here's your **** wage structure contract, retire with us and maybe, just maybe we'll win a couple of trophies before you're 34. Knowing fully well that teams who win constantly are willing to put down 2/3 times that and you know you'll definitely find out what it feels like to win. He's a man, he's got a family a relatively short career that's coming to an end (a history of injury problems that doesn't guarantee he'll last into his 30s).

I believe we'll be back much sooner than most of us think, but a player doesn't know that and he obviously didn't want to gamble.

Edit: Although yes, admitting you laughed at the contract isn't cool. We all know that wasn't the decider though, he wanted to leave, or he could've done a Walcott.
    A 29 year old injury prone player who served Arsenal well for 1 and a quarter seasons of the 8/9 that he spent there, suddenly thinks 'yea I deserve to win trophies now'. Piss off. He's such a scum.

ReputationRep:
    You better not be talking about that talksport video haha :facepalm:

Edit: Although yes If it's legit, admitting you laughed at the contract isn't cool. We all know that wasn't the decider though, he wanted to leave, or he could've done a Walcott.
    I want to know what video he's talking about because we didn't offer RVP any contract.

ReputationRep:
    Going to watch the Fiorentina v Roma match now, get my first real look at Jovetic :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't really watch germany but he seems to be decent enough when he plays for them e.g. the world cup. He doesn't start for them anymore am i right.

Maybe he'd be a good idea to play there if you need a goal and want to go 4-4-2 with giroud up top. Bar that there's no point having him as the striker he's been pretty underwhelming in that position. Gervinho probably has the same level of effectiveness up top.
    I've never paid much attention to him when watching Germny because well so much superior talent to focus on but, apart from his long range shots, I can't really remembered been taken in admiration by his performances. He's also always played on the wing for Germany so, I don't really see him as a striker except for in desperate situations tbh. Waste of 90k. I'd have Gerv over him anyday. Real talk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    A 29 year old injury prone player who served Arsenal well for 1 and a quarter seasons of the 8/9 that he spent there, suddenly thinks 'yea I deserve to win trophies now'. Piss off. He's such a scum.
    It is selfish, but put yourself in his shoes and then think about what you said... and don't come back with some bull**** like, "I'd have stayed"..

(Original post by 419)
    I want to know what video he's talking about because we didn't offer RVP any contract.
    I bet anything it's a talksport video... They do comedy videos on youtube where they dub players speaking in different languages with total bull. Obviously the Arsenal jokes are plentiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Never thought he was amazing for germany after 2008, just enjoyed watching the mid/long range shots he had but he barley scores long range goals for us. If bayern munich have managed to get players of robben standard working as hard as he did against barca then there is no way padolski has a chance of getting into that side. He might have a problem with his attitude or he needs to play off a bigman, not sure who he played off at koln.
    Yeah thought that podolski would get like 4-5 screamers this season I've been pretty disappointed with that. That was the whole reason I wanted him in the league. True say with robben. Hopefully guardiola sells him as he's a sick player on form. Podolski used to play off a bigman I think at koln. I really think that wenger should have looked at the finer details when he buys a player. Ok cazorla he had undoubted quality but unless he was planning on 4-4-1-1 with podolski in behind giroud(he knew RVP was leaving lets face it) and just found cazorla to be there he made an error in signing him.

Nevertheless he has a decent return and it's his first season. Doesn't offer enough for my liking but when he offers something it's usually of quality. The only problem is when he's the second highest paid player at arsenal. Maybe he could transition into a striker next season. Wenger has done it before.

(Original post by 419)
    Which video of rvp laughing at the contract offer are you talking about. Got link for this? Or am I missing some sarcasm?
    Talksport vid. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I've never paid much attention to him when watching Germny because well so much superior talent to focus on but, apart from his long range shots, I can't really remembered been taken in admiration by his performances. He's also always played on the wing for Germany so, I don't really see him as a striker except for in desperate situations tbh. Waste of 90k. I'd have Gerv over him anyday. Real talk.
    Yeah, I'm talking early low days 08-10. Obvs now he won't even get into the team regularly now with reus, schurle, gomez, klose, ozil, kiessling, muller, kroos, gundogan occupying the 3 positions he can play in and younger players like holtby/draxler coming through.

Gerv over him too. Up front for sure. I guess he might need a little time to settle. Is it me or does all your first team have quality but show it too inconsistently to be at a title challenging club?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.