Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay, I have decided to apply to join your party

though I cant say I agree with your University policy, I can at least understand your points and why you take the stance you take, I also think your party seems to be good in terms of other policies you have in your manifestos and that you have put forward in recent times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Jesus ******* christ :p: You never fail to surprise me.
    It doesn't surprise me. I mean, he's gone from supporting the formation of a TSR BNP, to joining TSR UKIP, to defecting to the TSR Tories, and to now voting for the TSR Labour Party.

Oh, and he once said he'd rather vote for the Lib Dems than for Labour.

I'm not sure who is more confused here: me or him? :o:

(Original post by Anony mouse)
    Surprised is easily interchangeable with confused in this context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    We just have this effect on people.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys elected a new Deputy Leader following Adorno's departure?

ReputationRep:
    T'is a good question. They're massive boots to fill!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Student2806)
    Not at this time. In fact Adorno is still a member of the party and hasn't formally resigned yet (to my knowledge), but as he is leaving it will happen at some point I'm sure.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    T'is a good question. They're massive boots to fill!
    Indeed. Adorno will be sorely missed by the party and, I would hope, the House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Indeed. Adorno will be sorely missed by the party and, I would hope, the House.
    I just hope he pops along occasionally to say hello.

ReputationRep:
    Adorno's leaving post to the party suggested he wouldn't be fully leaving and would be happy to continue in his position as deputy leader if the party wanted him too. However, with the influx of new interest to our party he may wish to step aside and give someone else the opporunity.

Does TSR Labour support the renewal of Trident? If elected, do they plan to make any cuts in Defence at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abucha3)
    Does TSR Labour support the renewal of Trident? If elected, do they plan to make any cuts in Defence at all?
    We may possibly look at making it more efficient and seeing if that leaves money over but we certainly would not be cutting defence spending haphazardly.

As for trident I’d personally quite like to see no weapons of mass destruction belonging to us and I’m pretty sure many of our members feel the same.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cardozo)
    We may possibly look at making it more efficient and seeing if that leaves money over but we certainly would not be cutting defence spending haphazardly.

As for trident I’d personally quite like to see no weapons of mass destruction belonging to us and I’m pretty sure many of our members feel the same.
    Here here

Here here
    :facepalm:

Thankfully we have a Government that won't get rid of our insurance and leave the UK vulnerable to attack
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    :facepalm:

Thankfully we have a Government that won't get rid of our insurance and leave the UK vulnerable to attack
    Well we'll have to disagree here. I don't think any country will use nuclear arms against us whether we have them ourselves or not. Either way I'd be against us ever using them.

Well we'll have to disagree here. I don't think any country will use nuclear arms against us whether we have them ourselves or not. Either way I'd be against us ever using them.
    Yes we will agree to disagree. However, ten years down the line when Iran suddenly pop up with WMD and become a huge threat, you will thank us for the protection we have

Not at this time. In fact Adorno is still a member of the party and hasn't formally resigned yet (to my knowledge), but as he is leaving it will happen at some point I'm sure.
    Oh I see. You're in the Labour Party now. I see. I see.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we will agree to disagree. However, ten years down the line when Iran suddenly pop up with WMD and become a huge threat, you will thank us for the protection we have
    While I don't necessarily agree with unilateral disarmament on our part, the existence of NATO makes your point somewhat moot.
    While NATO isn't perfect, it does send a powerful message to would-be aggressors - **** with one of us and you **** with all of us.

You have a rather sceptical outlook on Iran's apparently definite targeting of the United Kingdom me thinks

While I don't necessarily agree with unilateral disarmament on our part, the existence of NATO makes your point somewhat moot.
    While NATO isn't perfect, it does send a powerful message to would-be aggressors - **** with one of us and you **** with all of us.
    I agree. I think we should use NATO but we shouldn't be dependent on NATO; being dependent on NATO is basically relying on the US. We both know that if NATO countries attack a country, then it will be the USA that will carry the weight. We should still have means to protect ourselves.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.