Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    How's everyone after the 'great storm'?
    Pretty shocked - the bus that turned over I was considering getting. Thank god I said no to my girlfriend last night!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Republic1)
    Is this a series on at the minute or an old show? Sounds interesting
    It has just been on last week. It's still on iPlayer if you're interested - well worth a watch.

(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
    Pretty shocked - the bus that turned over I was considering getting. Thank god I said no to my girlfriend last night!
    Good call there, it looked nasty.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/scott/stunni...erground-homes

Fancy being a hobbit?

Some are actually exceptional.
    Oh, I could definitely live in some of those!

As for the storm - just some rain here, nothing bad, thank goodness.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Storm here in London, as predicted, destroyed the public transport Never seen so many lines on the underground facing severe delays. And of course the trains were equally as affected.

Quite worrying that my Dad lives in the area where the house exploded killing 2. Was worrying if he could've been hurt (As it took out 3 surrounding houses I believe). Thankfully he was fine (The explosion was close but not his road).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DivinityA)
    Storm here in London, as predicted, destroyed the public transport Never seen so many lines on the underground facing severe delays. And of course the trains were equally as affected.

Quite worrying that my Dad lives in the area where the house exploded killing 2. Was worrying if he could've been hurt (As it took out 3 surrounding houses I believe). Thankfully he was fine (The explosion was close but not his road).
    Going by what my family still down there said, the tube was even worse than it normally is during the snow. Although I am just about old enough to remember the day of the 7/7 bombings when the entire network had to be shut down completely.

ReputationRep:
    Trick or Treat!

ReputationRep:
    Treat. I has brownies!

<3 x

ReputationRep:
    Neither. It's lights off and pretend I'm not in till the little scheissers naff off for me tonight

ReputationRep:
    Anybody ever searched their own username on here? Just did mine and turns out one of my old quotes was put into an article with a reference to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bun)
    Neither. It's lights off and pretend I'm not in till the little scheissers naff off for me tonight
    I opened the door once and just said "no" before closing it, the look the parent gave me was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    I opened the door once and just said "no" before closing it, the look the parent gave me was incredible.
    Haha brilliant! They'll probably have your house blacklisted now though
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Anybody ever searched their own username on here? Just did mine and turns out one of my old quotes was put into an article with a reference to me.
    I just get a definition of the verb "jarred" because my parents spelt my name wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever had experience with telephone canvassing for a political party? I'm doing it next week and slightly anxious as I've always hated people who pester you at home but now I'm the one doing it. What should I expect?

ReputationRep:
    Total number of items I've now lost on nights out at Uni is up to 2. Driving licence and debit card!

ReputationRep:
    Moving to many places would be nice.
    Yep. I'm kinda obsessed with moving to Denmark to be honest. I'm probably putting it on a pedestal to be better than it actually is though :lol: The fact there's so many barriers preventing me going does get me a bit down though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StatusRed)
    Total number of items I've now lost on nights out at Uni is up to 2. Driving licence and debit card!
    Ouch That sounds like a pain to sort out. I was convinced I'd lost my phone when I woke up this morning, only to find it on my windowsill - I have no idea why it was there, but I'm grateful it wasn't still in the club!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    Yep. I'm kinda obsessed with moving to Denmark to be honest. I'm probably putting it on a pedestal to be better than it actually is though :lol: The fact there's so many barriers preventing me going does get me a bit down though.
    Denmark has always seemed appealing, besides the taxes of course. Though I think Canada has always been somewhere I've wanted to move, or even visit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mechie)
    Don't you want to stay and try your luck in an independent Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Don't you want to stay and try your luck in an independent Scotland?
    Much as I hope they're wrong, pretty much ever poll since 2011 has shown a pretty convincing lead for the No vote has it not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Much as I hope they're wrong, pretty much ever poll since 2011 has shown a pretty convincing lead for the No vote has it not?
    I know, I should have put a at the end of my post....

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.