Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    That's fine, plenty of other people are doing that too

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why am I still awake, I'm leaving the house in 6 hours :eek:
    I'm leaving in 6 hours as well, this is going to be one crazy morning...
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinfire)
    Apparently, you can leave your stuff at the accommodation first and then collect your ID, is that true?
    Yep :yep: . Drop your stuff off first, then go to the SU and sort everything admin-y out

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving in 6 hours as well, this is going to be one crazy morning...
    Yup! I hate long car journeys though so hopefully it will be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Yup! I hate long car journeys though so hopefully it will be worth it
    Train journey here. The first class tickets were cheaper than the economy one, what

ReputationRep:
    Train journey here. The first class tickets were cheaper than the economy one, what
    Very nice, lucky you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Yep :yep: . Drop your stuff off first, then go to the SU and sort everything admin-y out
    Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    For any of you wanting to do any stalking at any point...

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/campus/webcam/
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Won't you need to go to the SU for the key? I.e will they require proof of ID before handing over the room key?

Just don't want to be roaming around like a stray dog
    There will be a tent outside of each accommodation block that you can pick your keys up from :yep: . As for ID type-stuff, I can't remember . Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCiaran)
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but how many people in the second half of the alphabet are turning up tomorrow(Saturday)?

Thought it was just a guideline but the way it's phrased in the jm handbook makes it seem a bit less optional...
    It's a lot more optional than you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSam3)
    It's a lot more optional than you think.
    I was in the ground floor of the building this morning at 10am... should have gone to get my card.

And then my flatmate told me that some of her friends already got their cards on Friday (post-grads are supposed to get theirs on Monday only).

Oh well... I might give it a shot tomorrow morning if i'm around. Else it has to be a one hour queue on Monday
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Whoever asked after me in Rootes is a legend :lol::five:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. That's incredible!

ReputationRep:
    I asked for you in Jack Martin and described you as the enthusiastic film guy!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    I'm in rootes bottom floor and it is completely dead. Got smashed last night, but today everyone has their door closed. Living on campus can be quite claustrophobic.

I hope things pick up
    People are probably recovering . It is the weekend after all . I'm sure, come dinner time, everyone will be in the kitchen as per usual, so head over there :yep: . If you leave your door open, it may encourage others to? . It may be that these people want a bit of private time to call parents/catch up on the latest Corrie episode or something . You haven't been there long! Give it time to settle into a rhythm!

EDIT: They may all be out and about! Exploring the university!

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a silly question, especially this late at night, but how do I find out who my personal tutor is? My department (comp sci) says I'm supposed to meet up with the person at 1 PM, but aside from that I have yet to receive any notable information.

"Tutor contact forms will be in your pigeon-holes, please ensure that you
    collect the form and take it with you to the meeting.
    First year students will have an additional memo informing them of who
    their personal tutor will be."

What are these 'pigeon-holes' and where do I find them? And is there a specific place where I'm supposed to meet up with the tutor? The only thing I can see on my start.warwick calendar is the 1 hour Induction bit for undergrads, but that ends a full hour before the meeting with the tutor.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pamphlet)
    Bit of a silly question, especially this late at night, but how do I find out who my personal tutor is? My department (comp sci) says I'm supposed to meet up with the person at 1 PM, but aside from that I have yet to receive any notable information.

"Tutor contact forms will be in your pigeon-holes, please ensure that you
    collect the form and take it with you to the meeting.
    First year students will have an additional memo informing them of who
    their personal tutor will be."

What are these 'pigeon-holes' and where do I find them? And is there a specific place where I'm supposed to meet up with the tutor? The only thing I can see on my start.warwick calendar is the 1 hour Induction bit for undergrads, but that ends a full hour before the meeting with the tutor.
    I'm guessing they'll tell you where the pigeon holes are in the induction. If not, just ask whoever is doing the induction afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSam3)
    I'm guessing they'll tell you where the pigeon holes are in the induction. If not, just ask whoever is doing the induction afterwards.
    Hopefully so, thanks.

Is there any other important thing I should ask there? Hell, what should I bring with me for the induction? I'm planning to just bring a small notebook and a pen and write down anything important that they might tell us, but considering how many silly questions I've asked throughout this thread I could very easily be forgetting something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pamphlet)
    Hopefully so, thanks.

Is there any other important thing I should ask there? Hell, what should I bring with me for the induction? I'm planning to just bring a small notebook and a pen and write down anything important that they might tell us, but considering how many silly questions I've asked throughout this thread I could very easily be forgetting something.
    That's probably all you need. If you know when and where all of your lectures are and you can find your tutor, you're probably OK.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hope everybody's enjoying themselves here at Warwick. I just wanted to ask whether or not you can print out your train tickets at Canley station. For example, I buy a ticket from Canley to London Euston from thetrainline.com, is there a machine at Canley which I could use to print it out? Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I hope everybody's enjoying themselves here at Warwick. I just wanted to ask whether or not you can print out your train tickets at Canley station. For example, I buy a ticket from Canley to London Euston from thetrainline.com, is there a machine at Canley which I could use to print it out? Thanks!
    If you can select the option to print it at the station on the website, you can definitely print it at the station :yep: . There is a ticket machine just outside the station where you can probably pick them up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.