Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemi022)
    hey guys
    I am firming Birmingham, and thought I would ask ifanyone defiantly is too. I am a bit worried about going to fresher’s week withno friends (am moving from Newcastle to Birmingham so)…i am going to be studying Law btw
    If it makes you feel better, i on my own from the south coast You will make friends xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni182)
    If it makes you feel better, i on my own from the south coast You will make friends xx
    yeah it does actually thank you, hopefully it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHSimps)
    Hey, I firmed Birmingham today! Moving from Middlesbrough so not too far from you. I'm doing Chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right a fellow northerner hopefully it all goes well, firming it soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by githz)
    Anyone started applying for accommodation. What do you have to do and which places are the best/would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd apply ASAP if I were you (you can change your options once you have applied) as accommodation is first come first serve! When I visited on Saturday I had numerous students there asking whether I had applied for accommodation.

Re which one to go for.... I think it really just depends on your budget! By the sounds of things, there isn't anything wrong with any of the accommodation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairemariex)
    University of Birmingham have given me a conditional offer for Nursing, I live in Coventry so not sure whether to stay living at home and commute or to move away. I feel it'd be better to live away and have some independence and meet new people etc but then on money sid eof thigns it'd be easier to stay in Cov. It's just that placements might be hard when I'm working shifts as trains won't be running and I don't drive. Is anyone else hoping to do Nursing at University of Birmingham?x
    Hi Claire! How was the interview? I have mine next week. I live in coventry but want to move away too but like you said it will be tough cux of money issues.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! anyone who applied to Economics and Geography course? and who has been to the open day yesterday? I liked the uni very much and would like to get to know some people before the year starts (im not british so sorry for my mistakes :P ) are there many internationals?

ReputationRep:
    Woo a fellow Econ and geog applicant! But I'm not an international student though... Have you firmed birm?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for physics Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHSimps)
    Hey, I'm also chemical engineering! I firmed today. Have you firmed yet? And where have you applied for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ive firmed for chemeng too! I need to apply for accommodation yet, my university number thing hasn't come through. I was thinking victoria halls though because its 5 minutes away from the chemeng building.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavan)
    Ive firmed for chemeng too! I need to apply for accommodation yet, my university number thing hasn't come through. I was thinking victoria halls though because its 5 minutes away from the chemeng building.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey another chem engineer here is Victoria halls just self catered?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by githz)
    Hey another chem engineer here is Victoria halls just self catered?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! Seems theres quite a few of us on here Yeah it is all self catered. And i think its all ensuite too. People say the vale is the best but i think Victoria halls will be good and its really close the the chem eng building!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Political Economy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Price)
    Woo a fellow Econ and geog applicant! But I'm not an international student though... Have you firmed birm?
    Not yet.. but i can't firm until all the unis answer, can i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinwe13)
    Not yet.. but i can't firm until all the unis answer, can i?
    Yeah you can do but I'd wait until you've heard from the other unis if I we're you which unis you waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Price)
    Yeah you can do but I'd wait until you've heard from the other unis if I we're you which unis you waiting on?
    Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    I'm too scared to firm! aha

Would mean i had to reject exeter (not heard from them) and then... it is all so official! eeek

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted to BCU to study speech and language therapy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Went to the open day today, loved it! Just firmed Birmingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dazzadude)
    Went to the open day today, loved it! Just firmed Birmingham!
    What's your course? something with economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinwe13)
    What's your course? something with economics?
    Nope, was education. Cool, I'm a bit poo at maths lol. What did you think of uni?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.