Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here thinks emedica is a good source??

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Danny129)
    Don't shout at me but I haven't booked it yet. Would I possibly be able to borrow/buy those books off you? ForestCat told me I have till early October. So planning to book my test with at least 4 weeks prior to revise. I know I'm leaving it late but currently in the middle of my dissertation as I'm a January starter. So stressed atm!
    You will find used copies on ebay/amazon as well. Most people sell theirs off once they have sat their test. Also here is Medify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    You will find used copies on ebay/amazon as well. Most people sell theirs off once they have sat their test. Also here is Medify
    Thanks I will look there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny129)
    Don't shout at me but I haven't booked it yet. Would I possibly be able to borrow/buy those books off you? ForestCat told me I have till early October. So planning to book my test with at least 4 weeks prior to revise. I know I'm leaving it late but currently in the middle of my dissertation as I'm a January starter. So stressed atm!
    Why don't you book it now for the latest date to make sure you have a slot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is a little far forward into the future, but thought I'd ask anyway as I'm curious... For the foundation years, how is it determined which hospital you complete it in? Is it just the closest one or is there competition in order to get the hospital you would rather practise in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoeADeer)
    This is a little far forward into the future, but thought I'd ask anyway as I'm curious... For the foundation years, how is it determined which hospital you complete it in? Is it just the closest one or is there competition in order to get the hospital you would rather practise in?
    All explained here

http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.u...-students/faqs

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm looking to apply to the normal 5-year (A100) course as a graduate, with a predicted high 2:1 in a Biomed degree from Edinburgh Uni. I have significant shadowing and volunteering experience, particularly with children with and without special needs. But I don't have the best UKCAT score (average 600: VR: 540, QR: 700, AR: 510, DA: 650, SJ: Band 1). I was hoping to apply to Edinburgh, Dundee, St Andrews and Aberdeen, but does anyone have any advice or judgement on my chances of getting in with such a low UKCAT? (The damn VR and AR screwed it up for me and I panicked!). I know I'd be a great Med Student - I'm just not great at these silly IQ tests! Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    What is barts cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I know previously Barts have only used UKCAT to invite graduates to interview, but it looks like they've updated their site saying for 2016 entry all graduates are assessed on a 50:50 basis of degree results and UKCAT. just something to keep in mind when thinking about cutoffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Testmed)
    Hey, I know previously Barts have only used UKCAT to invite graduates to interview, but it looks like they've updated their site saying for 2016 entry all graduates are assessed on a 50:50 basis of degree results and UKCAT. just something to keep in mind when thinking about cutoffs
    Thank you! So does this mean a high ukcat will balance average academics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Testmed)
    Really? Wow they didn't mention this when I went to the open day!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird198)
    I agree with you. I have also been on this website and it's fab! Saved me days of work for selecting what universities to apply to!!!!!!!
    I had a rough idea and the site reaffirmed my choices. Plus it was free!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the UKCAT mark scheme, could someone kindly explain to me please.

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY got an interview! It's not HCA but a NA job in a psychiatric ward. My undergraduate is in psychology and even though we didn't do much abnormal, I'm hoping it'll work in my favour.

Anyone got any tips for interview? Also - I'm right in not telling them that I'm applying for medicine? I'm worried if I do they won't give me the job as I won't be long-term......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, when Barts say they'd be 50:50 weighting applied to ukcat score and academics, does that mean good grades will make up for a lower ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning on applying to Imperial? If so, is there anywhere I could find admissions statistics for graduate entry? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning on applying to Imperial? If so, is there anywhere I could find admissions statistics for graduate entry? Cheers.
    Just to make you aware (if you weren't already) that Imperials graduate course is now 5 years and you don't get tuition fee support etc. The funding works as if it was a normal 5 year degree as a second degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Just to make you aware (if you weren't already) that Imperials graduate course is now 5 years and you don't get tuition fee support etc. The funding works as if it was a normal 5 year degree as a second degree.
    Damnnnnn! I knew it was 5 years, but didn't realise there wasn't any financial support. Thanks for letting me know. I loved Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    You could call the college or send them a FOI request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose256)
    Hey guys, when Barts say they'd be 50:50 weighting applied to ukcat score and academics, does that mean good grades will make up for a lower ukcat?
    Probably, as one could offset the other, and the overall score will be used.

Is that right?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.