RG:
    RT:
    TE: Jeff Heuerman, Broncos, ACL
    WR: Kelvin Benjamin, Panthers, ACL; Kyle Williams, Broncos, Achilles
    QB:
    RB:
    FB:
    CB: Orlando Skandrick, Cowboys, ACL and MCL
    DE: Junior Gallette, Washington, Achilles; Danny Alexander, Panthers, Achilles
    UT:
    NT:
    DE: Dante Fowler Jr., Jaguars, ACL; Travis Long, Eagles, ACL
    SLB:
    MLB:
    WLB:
    CB:
    SS: Bennett Jackson, Giants, ACL
    FS: Louis Delmas, Dolphins, ACL

LS:
    P:
    PK/KO: Shaun Suisham, Steelers, ACL
    PR/KR:

ReputationRep:
    Like the Cleveland Browns, the 2015 All-ACL team is only a quarterback away.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I posted how well the league was doing with ACL's and now we have ACL armageddon again. I bet the all-time ACL team would be seriously good. At least they're no longer a prelude to a doomed career.

ReputationRep:
    The all-time ACL team has the advantage of dual wielding Sam Bradfords.

ReputationRep:
    How long before we see an ambidextrous QB at college level? Surely that would pose all kinds of problems for defences?

ReputationRep:
    There's been a new addition to the ACL/Achilles Team. Junior Gallette, DE, Washington. He's now the starting DE.

(Original post by Wattsy)
    How long before we see an ambidextrous QB at college level? Surely that would pose all kinds of problems for defences?
    Not really. Nothing changes in an umbalanced set. And, in a balanced set, although the 'strength' is decided on the QB's handedness, in the case of an ambidextrous QB, the defense would just set it arbitrary. As a defense, we're basically told to assume that the QB is right handed in such a situation.

Perhaps, but it could just as easily have disastrous consequences for the offense. An ambidextrous QB would in effect have two blindsides to begin every play. A left handed QB will also spiral the ball in a different way to a right handed QB, and as such, it would wreck havock for the WR's who would have to adjust to the differently thrown balls, especially if they are moved all around the formation. Particularly at College level a QB depends on excellent footwork to get snapped, and it would basically mean that the QB would have to train their footwork for throwing left handed as well as right handed.

Lefties don't get that much of an advantage anyway. They'd have to effectively train twice as hard or do half as much as a QB with a distinct handiness, and if they're ambidextrous I'd imagine the coaching staff would just force them to use one handedness so that they can be a much more dangerous QB by improving their passing.

ReputationRep:
    Manziel is ambidextrous I think. But yes it would create more problems for the offence than the defence. All it really means is it's easier to throw while rolling left, and that could be achieved by just practising that instead of being ambidextrous.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! You can tell I don't play. i can understand the rolling out thing though. Bortles was the king of roll outs last year with his Swiss cheese o-line and he moves right much better than left though rolling that way was fairly standard anyway because Beadles and Joeckel did not look good on the left side of the line; rolling that way would have been impossible/suicidal most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, only a few people can throw effectively while on the move rolling towards their non-dominant hand, most notably Wilson and Rodgers.

I wouldn't expect receivers to struggle with a left handed spiral. Teams are happy to go with lefties as backups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Yeah, only a few people can throw effectively while on the move rolling towards their non-dominant hand, most notably Wilson and Rodgers.

I wouldn't expect receivers to struggle with a left handed spiral. Teams are happy to go with lefties as backups.
    Some QBs are fairly good with their non-dominant hand. Rodgers, Peyton and Wilson do come to mind.

I wouldn't expect it to be that big of a thing with a left-handed spiral, but I think that'll be more due to chemistry with the particular QB. If a backup QB comes in, usually he's out with the second string offense, and if it's irrelavent because the second stringers would usually train with the leftie, backup QB anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Who's in for preseason week 3 tomorrow ? And has anyone with shady YouTube contacts got some HD streaming links? 240p is not my ****. I'm in for the Lions v Jags game unless someone has a pretty link for me on another game.

I'm currently listening to Jaguars local sports radio... I need real football!!! And Thursday night games too! I'm bored

ReputationRep:
    Deadspin have got the annual Why Your Team Sucks articles going again and as usual, they are absolutely glorious. The Houston Texans fan complaint letter is almost the best-worst thing about them I've read so far in them and it is absolute gold dust from start to finish. Also a fan describing an O-Lineman as so fat he moves like a tectonic plate; I lost my ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Who's in for preseason week 3 tomorrow ? And has anyone with shady YouTube contacts got some HD streaming links? 240p is not my ****. I'm in for the Lions v Jags game unless someone has a pretty link for me on another game.

I'm currently listening to Jaguars local sports radio... I need real football!!! And Thursday night games too! I'm bored
    Urm, I'll check out highlights in the morning. Will probably watch Sunday evenings game during the draft.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll watch Sunday on Sky Sports too, good that they're showing some preseason. Week 3 is semi-real football at least, I hope they don't show preseason week 4, that'd show a distinct lack of understanding of the NFL.

Opening drive TD for the Jags; more of that please! TJ Yeldon in at the 2nd attempt from the 1 for a TD, gets absolutely hammered by Tulloch on the play though. Tate burns Colvin as Stafford drops it right on him for a 62 yard TD! Won't be the last time he dies that this year. Tulloch hammers A Robinson and he looks injured but he's back after a shoulder evaluation... Tulloch is back from the double discount check incident anyway. Be arsed with Linder, Davis and A. Robinson already picking up injuries though. Joeckel is once again, on his arse; the only consolation at the minute is that he's not Fisher.

ReputationRep:
    Just bought Madden

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from dinner out with the other half's family.

Firing up a stream for the cowboys Vikings game.

Starting in five minutes or so. Should be first teams for the first half at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow. It's still not real that the Bears have cut Tim Jennings...

ReputationRep:
    Josh Scobee (K) just got traded to the Steelers. He's the all time leading points scorer for the Jags franchise. The Jags just got a late round draft pick for a kicker who they'd have cut for the 53 or would have kept and cut Myers, the rookie from Marist who's looked just as good if not better than Scobee. I am happy!

Edit: It might be a 4th! A 4th round kick for a kicker... The Steelers have turned into the Jags!

ReputationRep:
    Tyrod time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Tyrod time.
    I watched him yesterday and I was impressed. He looked really elusive so he could extend plays and he made the throws. There were no real fliers or bad misses from what I can remember.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.