The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilyhaighjacobs
Oh gosh congratulations!!! You must be so so happy!! Thanks, so do I! I hope you don't mind me asking but what GCSEs did you get? x

Thank you I'm delighted!!! Of course I don't mind: I got 10A*s and 1A (maths lol).
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by georgiaf
I got an offer at 4.45 today for English lit so maybe they're starting to give out offers. I applied early, 12th Oct, which is why I've heard today...at the top of their pile? hope you hear back soon :biggrin:

Congratulations!!! Wow this scares me so much but also want to know soon😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jill800
Congratulations!!! Wow this scares me so much but also want to know soon😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! hope you get the offer and soon :smile:
I got an offer at 4.45 today for English lit so maybe they're starting to give out offers. I applied early, 12th Oct, which is why I've heard today...at the top of their pile? hope you hear back soon :biggrin:

ah I applied later so that gives me hope haha :smile: and congratulations!! Did they give you the standard A*AA offer?
Original post by KatMcG
ah I applied later so that gives me hope haha :smile: and congratulations!! Did they give you the standard A*AA offer?

aha thank you! yep i did but they didn't say i had to get the A* in english it could be in any of my subjects :smile:
aha thank you! yep i did but they didn't say i had to get the A* in english it could be in any of my subjects :smile:

ah that's good then :smile: if you don't mind me asking, which college did you apply for? Don't think it affects your application but I'm starting to worry I applied for one of the most competitive which doesn't help my chances aha
Original post by KatMcG
ah that's good then :smile: if you don't mind me asking, which college did you apply for? Don't think it affects your application but I'm starting to worry I applied for one of the most competitive which doesn't help my chances aha

No of course not! I applied to St Mary's but I checked the website and it doesn't matter which college you apply to because the department make the offer then college allocation is sorted so you don't need to worry! :biggrin:
Thank you! hope you get the offer and soon :smile:

Thank you!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody received an offer from Durham for Japanese study or any foreign language courses?
Reply 1189
Anyone heard for English (conditional) yet? :smile:
Original post by OGN
Anyone heard for English (conditional) yet? :smile:

I've seen a few offers for English Lit - one earlier today and another a couple of days ago. I'm waiting still! I wonder if they do it alphabetically...I'm a W
Original post by Tessie25
I've seen a few offers for English Lit - one earlier today and another a couple of days ago. I'm waiting still! I wonder if they do it alphabetically...I'm a W

Maybe not very helpful, but I haven't heard for chemistry and I'm a B xD
Normally they go through applications in the order in which they received them, not alphabetically lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
anybody applied for BSc Finance here???? Seems like I am the only one aha
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ikoma_chen
Has anybody received an offer from Durham for Japanese study or any foreign language courses?

Had an offer for Arabic (ab initio) and Spanish (AAA) :smile:
Reply 1195
Original post by tazza ma razza
anybody applied for BSc FInance here???? Seems like I am the only one aha
I got an offer for Accounting and Finance last week.Wasnt expecting it tbh When did you apply?
Original post by Sarfo
I got an offer for Accounting and Finance last week.Wasnt expecting it tbh When did you apply?

well done! you gonna firm it? I applied back in november i think - cant remember aha Where else did you apply

I have an unconditional for BSc Finance at durham which i will insure and an conditional to do A+F at warwick which i will firm.
Reply 1197
Yhh I'm gonna firm it its a conditional offer AAB My other offers were Southampton,Sheffield,Glasgow and Kent where else did you apply?have u ever been to the queens campus?
Reply 1198
anyone hearing from cambridge tomorrow?
Original post by OGN
anyone hearing from cambridge tomorrow?

Me. Crapping myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending