Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was a stupid paper. It was too easy. 90% of the content we learnt in class wasn't even on there. Attachment was pretty much only strange situation and Bowbly. The grade boundaries will be high and the second paper will be hard -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mwo)
    Same! I'm glad it was quite simple but at the same time, I could have gotten a much better mark if I'd looked over a tiny detail on Eyewitness Testimony and not done ALL the stuff on what wasn't even on the paper.
    Same! I spent the whole morning making sure I knew the strengths and weaknesses of the working memory model, and that didnt even come up! I did manage to mention it briefly in my evaluation of the multi store model though, so that didn't go to waste. Luckily, I made sure I revised anxiety in eye witness testimony, though the strange thing is I didn't do any studies on age, so I'm so so so happy that that didn't come up!

ReputationRep:
    How high do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? If everyone is saying it's easy... They never go higher than like 56 though right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccar16)
    what are your predictions for the grade boundaries?? i bet they're going to be high! Hopefully Unit 2 is just as easy
    I reckon quite high unfortunately! And also, usually if one of the exams is easy, the other is slightly harder, which I'm not looking forward to! :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    I still think I messed up on that 12 marker, is cognitive developmental hypothesis being a privation of attachment leading to devastating effects on the child a valid AO1 point? And then using genie for AO2
    can someone please confirm this is correct and i wouldnt lose marks for it ? )))
    I think that's correct, because even though they are from the institutionalisation/ privation topic, if you related them to Bowlby then I think you'll be fine! In one of my textbooks an evaluative point of Bowlby's theory was that the children in Tizard+Hodges study formed attachments despite suffering from privation.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright but I definitely messed up on some of the short mark questions. E.g. the one about the strange situation and the question was about demand characteristics and the mother... I didn't write about social desirability but everyone I know did.
    There was too much on research methods!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole1997)
    They both support/oppose Bowlby's sensitive period/contiunity hypothesis/internal working model, so you can still use them.
    Hoping you're right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    I thought it was alright but I definitely messed up on some of the short mark questions. E.g. the one about the strange situation and the question was about demand characteristics and the mother... I didn't write about social desirability but everyone I know did.
    There was too much on research methods!!!!
    When did social desirability come up? There weren't any questions on self-reporting techniques.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    I think that's correct, because even though they are from the institutionalisation/ privation topic, if you related them to Bowlby then I think you'll be fine! In one of my textbooks an evaluative point of Bowlby's theory was that the children in Tizard+Hodges study formed attachments despite suffering from privation.
    AHH YESSSS!!!! I said that bowlby claimed if attachment was never formed it can lead to devistating effects in mental development such as LOW IQs

and then for A02 BOY I WENT HAM ON THE A02 for genie, i ended up evaluating the evaluation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    I still think I messed up on that 12 marker, is cognitive developmental hypothesis being a privation of attachment leading to devastating effects on the child a valid AO1 point? And then using genie for AO2
    can someone please confirm this is correct and i wouldnt lose marks for it ? )))
    I'm not sure about that For AO1 I described Bowlbys theory so all about it being innate, social releasors, critical period, monotropy, continuity hypothesis etc. Then for AO2 Lorenz and the ducklings imprinting supports Bowlbys theory that attachment is innate and u could then mention privation and children not forming attachment in critical period so having a negative effect like in the case of Genie. You'd definitely get AO2 marks just not sure about AO1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Velocity_)
    it was nice yea BUT!!! I was using a laptop and when the exam officer was printing my work out, she showed me 3 pages and said is that it? i just saw the last question was the essay question so i thought it must be. BUT! It MUST be more than 3 pages, surely? i wrote loads! my essay was a page long but 3 pages? I think 5... i did do double enter for each question so im not sure if she got rid of that or not. But a full 3 pages on size 11... Please someone help. When will the exams be sent out? can i go tomorrow and ask to check if it is all there?
    Can't you go back and check now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I found a bit bizzare with that exam paper was the amount of writing space it had. Like it had a full page for the question about a pilot study?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    The only thing I found a bit bizzare with that exam paper was the amount of writing space it had. Like it had a full page for the question about a pilot study?!
    Yeah i panicked about that! I was worried I hadn't written enough...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Haha, I got to a 4 mark question and it was a whole page of writing space! I felt really bad about only using 3-4 lines poor trees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather29)
    I'm not sure about that For AO1 I described Bowlbys theory so all about it being innate, social releasors, critical period, monotropy, continuity hypothesis etc. Then for AO2 Lorenz and the ducklings imprinting supports Bowlbys theory that attachment is innate and u could then mention privation and children not forming attachment in critical period so having a negative effect like in the case of Genie. You'd definitely get AO2 marks just not sure about AO1
    but didnt bowlby claim that if we dont form attachments our mental and phsyical state of wellbeing becomes disturbed???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMaster1)
    Can't you go back and check now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm at home now. I have an exam tomorrow so i can ask while giving the exam person the laptop... When will they be sent out though? :/

ReputationRep:
    For the question reguarding ethical issues that need considering for strange situation how many marks would I get form talking about informed consent being given in the form of debriefing at the end and confidentiality, obviously these points was elaborated.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. However, I finished the paper with a spare 15 minutes, so I went back and added things to pretty much every single question, which filled out all of the space. I don't think what I did was necessary but I didn't want to waste my time. The bizarre thing was how much space they left for us to write the hypothesis, when in reality it should only be a sentence.

ReputationRep:
    I accidently wrote sensitive period instead of critical will I lose marks? For the 12 marker

ReputationRep:
    wrote soooo much for that 12 marker....

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.