Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    If I'm not from that state there's no way for me to gauge how the people are.
    I asked if you had visited but fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    You haven't even bothered to look at the kids "clock" have you?
    Yes i have. It doesnt look like a bomb
    And if it was a bomb why would he tell teachers that he had such a thing on him?

ReputationRep:
    Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
    Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core
    you just contradictes youself
    You said not all muslims are bad then you say islam is rotten to the core. Which one is jt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    And if it was a bomb why would he tell teachers that he had such a thing on him?
    It absolutely looks like a bomb lol You do know bombs don't look like round black balls with a fuse sticking out?

He plugged it into the wall in his English class and set the alrarm to go off during the class. He had already shown it to his engineering teacher who told him it wasn't a good idea to go around showing other people it.

So why did he take it to his next class, plug it into the wall and set the alarm to go off during the lesson?

ReputationRep:
    He didn't. He told reporters be who told him not to show it to anyone else it was when it started beeping during a lesson that his problems started

ReputationRep:
    You said not all muslims are bad then you say islam is rotten to the core. Which one is jt?
    Let me give you a clue...

Islam and Muslims are NOT THE SAME THING

ReputationRep:
    Why is it contradictory

Islam is an evil faith but not all Muslims are evil (because most of them ignore the nastiest parts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    He didn't. He told reporters be who told him not to show it to anyone else it was when it started beeping during a lesson that his problems started
    He showed his engineering teacher who told him to keep it closed and not show anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Let me give you a clue...

Islam and Muslims are NOT THE SAME THING
    True

ReputationRep:
    He showed his engineering teacher who told him to keep it closed and not show anyone.
    Yes and no hen in a different class it went off.

If he had taken his teachers advice and even turned it off this would not have happened

But it's almost like he wanted it to

ReputationRep:
    It absolutely looks like a bomb lol You do know bombs don't look like round black balls with a fuse sticking out?

He plugged it into the wall in his English class and set the alrarm to go off during the class. He had already shown it to his engineering teacher who told him it wasn't a good idea to go around showing other people it.

So why did he take it to his next class, plug it into the wall and set the alarm to go off during the lesson?
    Bombs in movies look like that.That to me looks like a clock. The wires hanging out of it indicate that.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the school was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.

ReputationRep:

It does not look like a bomb. A bomb has a motherboard :dry:
    That boy's thing looked like a briefcase with bull**** inside :lol:

(Ok. Now I'm dying laughing at my own joke :toofunny:).

ReputationRep:
    Someone else said it was a pencil box :rofl::rofl: It's so funny how people minimize his invention.

ReputationRep:
    Bombs in movies look like that.That to me looks like a clock. The wires hanging out of it indicate that.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.
    So a bunch of wires and a circuit board inside a metal briefcase look like a clock to you ?

Ahh the benefit of hindsight. We cannot afford to take liberties in this day and age with childrens lives at risk. Better to be safe and sorry

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you think that's a clock after you've read the news report.

Unless you're someone with a major interest in electronics, you wouldn't have been able to identify it as one, let alone expect an English teacher to.

ReputationRep:
    It does not look like a bomb. A bomb has a motherboard :dry:
    That boy's thing looked like a briefcase with bull**** inside :lol:

(Ok. Now I'm dying laughing at my own joke :toofunny:).
    lol Well im no bomb expert like 99% of others but wires and some sort of circuit in some haphazard outer casing is what most would thing of a home made bomb!

Its not like he had a selfie stick and the teachers mistook it for an assault rifle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    Yes and no hen in a different class it went off.

If he had taken his teachers advice and even turned it off this would not have happened

But it's almost like he wanted it to
    It seems you dont even know the story tbh
    Your adding things to fit the agenda you have taken. It might have been a simple mistake of forgettig to turn it off before it started beeping. It doesnt hide the fact that the school were incompetent rather than curious.

The kid is probably glad it happenes tbh. He gets to meet the president, scholarship offers etc

ReputationRep:
    lol Well im no bomb expert like 99% of others but wires and some sort of circuit in some haphazard outer casing is what most would thing of a home made bomb!

Its not like he had a selfie stick and the teachers mistook it for an assault rifle
    I looked in his thing and it seriously just looks like a lunchbox with loads of loose VHS tape :indiff::rofl:
    I'll look again.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yes, hanging out wires. A sure sign we have a clock on our hands.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the school was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.
    They never thought it was a bomb. They thought it was a hoax bomb.

ReputationRep:
    I looked in his thing and it seriously just looks like a lunchbox with loads of loose VHS tape :indiff::rofl:
    I'll look again.
    http://libertynews.com/wp-content/up...mb-750x350.jpg

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.