Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! Just got an interview for Architectural Association. Can anyone give me opinion on this uni? Is it even recognized as a good uni?? Whats better UCL? AA? Cardiff?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akeakeake)
    Hey guys!! Just got an interview for Architectural Association. Can anyone give me opinion on this uni? Is it even recognized as a good uni?? Whats better UCL? AA? Cardiff?

Thank you
    If I Had the chance to apply there I would have sure applied! Good luck on your interview! AA is as competitive as the Bartlett! They are both really good schools!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwhk)
    The AA School is not included in the top university rankings because it is a private uni. However, it is the oldest architectural school in the UK and is well known worldwide for it's many Pritzker Prize winners/graduates including Zaha Hadid. Both UCL and the AA School are sort of even i guess, it really depends on whether their architecture course suits you! good luck
    Well actually the oldest school of architecture in the UK is the Bartlett school as it was founded in 1841 while the AA was founded in 1847. But the age of the school shouldn't really affect your choice too much, it depends on whether you want to do a highly art based course or one that leans more to art and design application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cwhk)
    i meant independent, but thanks for the correction
    It's okayyy I just get really pedantic over details haha. In my UCL interview I was asked if I knew the structure of the courses and told him I'd applied to the AA last year and gotten a place but chose not to take it as it was super expensive. He seemed annoyed/mad that I thought it was a good school and I have no idea why haha. He was like 'Oh I could tell you A LOT of things about the AA'. I thought I'd messed up so bad haha

ReputationRep:
    JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theocider)
    JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!
    Congratulations! Getting into ththe Bartlett is really remarkable and you should be really proud of yourself! Hope I'll get to see you! I'll be interviewed on April the 12th. Hope that by that time there wI'll still be some spots available!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    Congratulations! Getting into ththe Bartlett is really remarkable and you should be really proud of yourself! Hope I'll get to see you! I'll be interviewed on April the 12th. Hope that by that time there wI'll still be some spots available!
    thank you I'm so happy, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! That's so great! When did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterkeixo)
    Congrats! That's so great! When did you have your interview?
    9th feb, they made me wait quite a long time, i sent off the initial application on the 23rd october! have you had an interview?

ReputationRep:
    9th feb, they made me wait quite a long time, i sent off the initial application on the 23rd october! have you had an interview?
    yeah I remember you telling that, you had to wait so long ! it must have been jading! but all that waiting has definitely been worth it! congrats! you really deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just did this Tuesday. It was very short ~ 15 minutes and I feel like I don't have time to present everything that I brought. I saw the interviewer ticked all the boxes haha, shouldn't be too bad btw do you mind showing me your portfolio so I can see the standard of getting into the Bartlett.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I just did this Tuesday. It was very short ~ 15 minutes and I feel like I don't have time to present everything that I brought. I saw the interviewer ticked all the boxes haha, shouldn't be too bad btw do you mind showing me your portfolio so I can see the standard of getting into the Bartlett.
    Good luck! hope you'll get in! how many pieces of work were you able to present in that frame of time?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! hope you'll get in! how many pieces of work were you able to present in that frame of time?
    So basically we talked about the assessment task at first, I spent around 3-4 minutes on that. I brought two sketch books and 7 pieces of work also some life drawings (which he ignored). I wouldn't suggest bring too many, just the ones that you are most confident with x

ReputationRep:
    So basically we talked about the assessment task at first, I spent around 3-4 minutes on that. I brought two sketch books and 7 pieces of work also some life drawings (which he ignored). I wouldn't suggest bring too many, just the ones that you are most confident with x
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    theosyder.carbonmade.com

ReputationRep:
    theosyder.carbonmade.com
    I really love your portfolio! but I absolutely adored the sketchbook part! you got such a multi-task, original hand drawing style. you are really good at drawing!

ReputationRep:
    I really love your portfolio! but I absolutely adored the sketchbook part! you got such a multi-task, original hand drawing style. you are really good at drawing!
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! Hopefully see you there!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an offer from UCL? I had my interview on the 9th of February. After seeing everyone's responses, i haven't got a good feeling and feel like I'll be rejected now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theocider;[url="tel:63318151")
    63318151[/url]]JUST GOT AN OFFER 2 DA BARTLETTTTT!!!! iiiii! so happy see all of yous next year !!!!
    Congrats!!!!!🎉🎉👏👏
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.