Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avdf)
    Just got an Interview for the 16th, think thats the last interview date. Can anyone please tell me the BMAT essay title for the one about machines and why they aren't human?
    What are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    got an interview for the 16th too!! I think it clashes with my ISA though D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mario64)
    hi guys,

had my interview on tuesday 23rd and got an offer today,

cant believe it was only 2 days
    Amazing! Congratulations

Any tips on how to prepare for the interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys - just wanted to ask any recent or not that recent medicine related news that you think is important to know?

I've read quite a bit recently on things such as the 2% cut on mental health treatment by the NHS and a single blood test to diagnose different types of cancer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivvverzzk98)
    What are your stats?
    BMAT: 3.7 4.5 3A
    A*AB
    1st prediction in degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood15)
    got an interview for the 16th too!! I think it clashes with my ISA though D:
    what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masryman97)
    what are your stats?
    2A*s, 4As, 3Bs, 3Cs at GCSE,
    4.9, 4.0, 2.0A for bmat
    AAAB at AS and an A*A*A prediction for A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)
    Hey guys - just wanted to ask any recent or not that recent medicine related news that you think is important to know?

I've read quite a bit recently on things such as the 2% cut on mental health treatment by the NHS and a single blood test to diagnose different types of cancer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly they could ask you any, just have some topics of articles to talk about and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just been pre-interview rejected

ReputationRep:
    Just been pre-interview rejected
    I'm so sorry I hope the rest of your application is going well. Did they give a reason why? I guess the mass rejections are coming now so I'll be rejected soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehek1)
    I'm so sorry I hope the rest of your application is going well. Did they give a reason why? I guess the mass rejections are coming now so I'll be rejected soon
    No, UCL haven't even contacted me, it just went straight to Track.

ReputationRep:
    No, UCL haven't even contacted me, it just went straight to Track.
    Isn't there any feedback on Track? What were your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehek1)
    Isn't there any feedback on Track? What were your stats?
    Oh I forgot that I could check that, it's because of my BMAT cos I got 3.7 3.3 4A
    My other stats are 8A* 2A, 4As at AS (94% ums, they asked in November), predicted A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    Oh I forgot that I could check that, it's because of my BMAT cos I got 3.7 3.3 4A
    My other stats are 8A* 2A, 4As at AS (94% ums, they asked in November), predicted A*A*A
    You made it this far, though! Good luck for everything else o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joooeee)
    Honestly they could ask you any, just have some topics of articles to talk about and you'll be fine.
    thank you! that's what I'll do and just look into obvious topics like doctor contracts.

well done on your offer btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry. Your other stats are amazing so good luck with everything else and don't let this bring you down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for UCL on the 16th March too (on my birthday ahhh!)
    Stats: 10 A*s GCSE, 5As at AS and predicted 4 A*s in Bio, Chem, Physics and Maths at A2.
    BMAT score: 3.1 (ghastly!) 5.2 and 2.5A (<also shite! I need to write an exemplar essay ASAP!)

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer today after waiting 9 days!!
    Just for future interviewees, dont be disheartened when you see others hearing back after 2-4 days! Hearing back later wont mean you are disadvantaged in any way, just the ladies who send out the offer emails are probably busy or helping with the actual interviews! There wont be a 'mass rejection' waiting as they will get back to once they have assessed your interview sheet.
    For the interview itself, there may be some 'challenging' questions but most should come from your PS or bmat essay. As long as it doesnt go disastrously then you should be all good.
    All the best for those with interviews coming up!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have an offer from both UCL and Machester. I don't really wanna stay in London but I know UCL is the better medical school. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyanns)
    Hi guys,

I have an offer from both UCL and Machester. I don't really wanna stay in London but I know UCL is the better medical school. Any advice?
    It's ultimately your decision. And no, UCL is not a better medical school despite people's perceptions - they are both regulated by the GMC and are exactly the same standard.

Go with your gut decision

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.