Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenay.jones)
    did anybody do an inspector calls : gerald and Sheila question and to kill a mockingbird? what points did you make
    Yeah Gearld and shiela at the start
    at the end
    the detraition
    The message that priestley is getting across about exploitation about woman
    did shiela learn the lesson
    the future of woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LNDNWASPS)
    Yeah Gearld and shiela at the start
    at the end
    the detraition
    The message that priestley is getting across about exploitation about woman
    did shiela learn the lesson
    the future of woman
    Thankyou! which quotes did you use? I used the one where she says about him leaving her all summer and she wondered where he was I said it suggested they have open honest relationship ect and also used the one where she hands him the engagement ring back. I only did 2 paragaphs I ran out of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenay.jones)
    Thankyou! which quotes did you use? I used the one where she says about him leaving her all summer and she wondered where he was I said it suggested they have open honest relationship ect and also used the one where she hands him the engagement ring back. I only did 2 paragaphs I ran out of time.
    (hands over the ring)
    only now I feel engaged
    I was busy working or something like that
    eva is pretty
    we are all one bodies of society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    For OMAM what did everyone say about the extract?
    ermmm my main points were Lennie still believed the dream, he 'shouted' showing how he's still child, he obeyed george. george tried to detach emotion by being 'business like', the ominous sounds like the 'crashing' etc.
    then my personal points were that the pool flowed 'up' inferring it could've been up to heaven not down to hell for Lennie and then when geroge says nobodies gonna hurt lennie no more and the other 2 things he says along those lines- i said he could've been talking about heaven not the dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlotta1134)
    ermmm my main points were Lennie still believed the dream, he 'shouted' showing how he's still child, he obeyed george. george tried to detach emotion by being 'business like', the ominous sounds like the 'crashing' etc.
    then my personal points were that the pool flowed 'up' inferring it could've been up to heaven not down to hell for Lennie and then when geroge says nobodies gonna hurt lennie no more and the other 2 things he says along those lines- i said he could've been talking about heaven not the dream.
    could you talk about the atmosphere being juxtaposed with the intenisty of george when he is shakily and also could you talk about how he distanced himself with lennie? as infered by the word 'didtant

ReputationRep:
    could you talk about the atmosphere being juxtaposed with the intenisty of george when he is shakily and also could you talk about how he distanced himself with lennie? as infered by the word 'didtant
    Yeah. You could. That was what it was asking you to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy_)
    How much did you write for AIC and OMAM? I wrote about 5 sides for AIC but then only about 2 sides OMAM (both questions) and my hand writing it fairly large - especially when I rush. What contextual points did you include for OMAM?
    3 1/2 for AIC

2 1/2 OMAM

1 1/2 OMAM 2

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I get an A* overall for Literature because that is what I'm predicted.

I also talked about the metaphoric nature of the wind clearing the leaves. The wind is a representation of death taking what is unnecessary and not needed. I said that the whole imagery of the wind and leaves is foreshadowing death and thus builds tension. Hope that's of A* quality. It's only a bit of what I wrote.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    I really hope I get an A* overall for Literature because that is what I'm predicted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am predicted an A but i got 38/40 in courseworks and want an A* hopefully the potery can help me achieve this as well

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted an A but i got 38/40 in courseworks and want an A* hopefully the potery can help me achieve this as well
    Poetry is much more lenient in terms of grade boundaries so you should do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Poetry is much more lenient in terms of grade boundaries so you should do well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In y10 i got a B so I might not I dont know how to compare but I am alright with the unseen poem

ReputationRep:
    I got 40/40 for the coursework, but my teacher said if I get very high Bs in the exams I'll still get an A* ://

I thought the exam today was okay, so hopefully everyone does well!

ReputationRep:
    how does that equate because isn't unit 1 45% and unit 2 is 30% so coursework (25% holds little weight)

(Original post by greenwichvillage)
    I got 40/40 for the coursework, but my teacher said if I get very high Bs in the exams I'll still get an A* ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenwichvillage)

Wow. No way. I got 35/40. What do I need to get in the exams to get an A* overall ? I usually get A and sometimes A*s for the texts and for poetry I've consistently gotten A*s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how does that equate because isn't unit 1 45% and unit 2 is 30% so coursework (25% holds little weight)
    That's what I was thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah so i think you would need a* a* a or something like that

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody do the Woman in black or Mister pip??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    For OMAM what did everyone say about the extract?
    I said that Steinbeck uses a theme of man's relationship with nature throughout his writing and in the extract the nature that was described could be a metaphor for George and how he was feeling for example 'leaves rustled' could show how we was restless and made the reader apprehensive as to what he was going to do next. I said how 'the evening' brought darkness and an end to the day and this could foreshadow the end to Lennie's life and the light and hope being taken away from their dream. And I mentioned how the speech structure was set so that George constantly repeated what Lennie said so the reader was reminded of their close relationship and how they have always been presented as a pair and tension is created in the build up because it left the reader questioning what will happen when the pair are split. I just left no time for the part b and didn't mention context enough so messed that up really

ReputationRep:
    does ant one have reviison stuff for conflict poetry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlievanest)
    I said that Steinbeck uses a theme of man's relationship with nature throughout his writing and in the extract the nature that was described could be a metaphor for George and how he was feeling for example 'leaves rustled' could show how we was restless and made the reader apprehensive as to what he was going to do next. I said how 'the evening' brought darkness and an end to the day and this could foreshadow the end to Lennie's life and the light and hope being taken away from their dream. And I mentioned how the speech structure was set so that George constantly repeated what Lennie said so the reader was reminded of their close relationship and how they have always been presented as a pair and tension is created in the build up because it left the reader questioning what will happen when the pair are split. I just left no time for the part b and didn't mention context enough so messed that up really
    Are you talking about context in Part A or Part B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.