Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i still have an hour and a half of hope left!! let me cling to it please. If hope fails me then i can only hope for much fixit fanfiction. daniel jackson came back to sg1 after a season dead, anything can happen!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy that Ianto wont be DEM'd back to life! I'm going to make a new word for Deus Ex Machina, 'cause it's a pain to keep writing it (as you have to do a lot whenever writing about Doctor Who or any of it's spinoffs). Dexum - You could spell it Dexm to make more sense, but Dexum is how it's pronounced (Dex-um).

ReputationRep:
    stoopid person alert

what exactly is the deus ex machina?

ReputationRep:
    Dexum is latin for "God within the Machine" (loose translation) and refers to characters who magically fix everything at the end of a play/novel/programme. Characters such as Duke Vincentio from Measure for Measure, Prospero from The Tempest, even the Doctor acts as a Dexum a lot (pretty much EVERY season finale since the regeneration of Doctor Who has been a Dexum).

Edit: If you do English Literature/English, NEVER write Dexum in an exam, write it in full 'cause the examiner wont know what the hell you're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    nope im science. so just to be clear the dexum ( see its catching on already) is not a piece of alien tech belonging in the doctor who/torchwood world, its an english literature term.
    well that explains why i ahve never heard of it. i ws thinking that it was some tech like the gauntlet that i had somehow managed to miss completely despite watching all of torchwood and dr who

ReputationRep:
    That was the worst episode of Torchwood!!
    That was epic.

He didnt walk away, he flew away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Seems like my spoilers were spot on.
    :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, so ... no next series? I suppose we'll get a confirmation in a press release soon enough with whether Torchwood will be returning for a fourth series. There's still the Glasgow branch of Torchwood which could help with the rebuilding of the hub ...

ReputationRep:
    well you had already seen it lol.

ohh well im still an optimist, we will see jack next in dr who where jack will force the doctor to fix his arm bracelet and he will go back in time and save ianto, the hub etc.
    either that or there is no more torchwood

ReputationRep:
    What an awful awful ending!

Am very disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bearmethos)
    well you had already seen it lol.

ohh well im still an optimist, we will see jack next in dr who where jack will force the doctor to fix his arm bracelet and he will go back in time and save ianto, the hub etc.
    either that or there is no more torchwood
    I think saving his poor bloody grandson is more important.

ReputationRep:
    that was a rubbish ending and now I can see why JB was so mad in the press just lately!!!

ReputationRep:
    where was the rest of it.....?

ReputationRep:
    why is saving the grandson more important? just cos its blood, he had a far better relationship with ianto, he hardly knew the kid

ReputationRep:
    Woah. I think I was crying most of the latter half! I agree that it was a bad ending, all I could think was 'coward!' when he ran away. Oh and I hated him as he was sacrificing his grandson. Grrr.

ReputationRep:
    The first two episodes were the more action based ones, with the latter two being the more emotional ones. I did feel that Day Four suffered from bad pacing - it felt like it dragged on. I thought it was almost over only to look at the clock to see it wasn't even half way through. Today's had much better pacing, although it still felt slower because it was much more emotional then it was action.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it could still be saved.

Although, I've decided I hope it doesn't come back as it won't be the same. It's best to leave it there.

I know why Jack did what he did, and at least you could see it killed him to do it. He'd already lost Ianto and my heart told me nothing much mattered to him 'cause that was what he cared about. I don't care if that's the truth or the logic behind it- that's what happened in my mind :P

ReputationRep:
    An idea,

Torchwood 3 the cardiff one, dead.

But Torchwood 2, Glasgow one and Torchwood 4 the missing one still exist so if the beeb want a new series, how about a new start?

ReputationRep:
    I think you would alienate a lot of people that way. Plus, Torchwood 3 is in Cardiff and is the one the series revolves around because they wanted "Cardiff to be Cardiff, not some far away planet". So they would lose that. Plus Wales is just better than Scotland :p:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    There should be a 4th series according to this

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.