Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moogle301)
    yeah i know what you mean but he only ever seems to be in our present when he's onscreen anyways, so in that way she has been. PLus going abck and interacting would probably bring some terrible doom or something so whats the use, all he could do is watch her
    Thats because the writers want to keep it related to us. The Doctor went everywhere in previous series, all over the solar system, visiting many allien worlds. But RTD didn't want to do that since it would just look like a beach on Earth with another moon in the sky or something similar, so they kepted it to Earth and just a little bit in the future for the most part.

Its also so we could see the family of the companion and how their lifes are affected by the Doctor when he takes away their only daughter/son.

ReputationRep:
    First pic of The Doctor and Donna, as filming begins on Series 4:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...t/10/who.shtml

From BBC Press Office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Anthropologist)
    Tennant's good, i still liked Eccleston though. He's a good actor (e.g. in 28 days later).
    They have nothing on Tom Baker though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I just realised something :eek:

I think it is a spoiler so here goes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It may be obvious but Kylie Minogue who plays the character with the name ASTRID is an anagram for TARDIS. This makes me think that she either is a Human tardis :confused: or has powers connected to the TARDIS hence why it was connected to her.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting...

Spoiler:
    Show
    With that information, and the return of Donna, could the next story arc be TARDIS, or possibly huon energy, related? As you've pointed out, Kylie's character's name is an anagram of Tardis, , Donna's coming back next season, and Jack's growing a Tardis.

Also, after having done some random searches on Wiki, I found there's an ASTRID dual-mode ring, which can "store electrons or ions of either polarity". Sounds a bit Doctor Who to me, AND we were left with the mystery of The Master's ring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    Interesting...

Spoiler:
    Show
    With that information, and the return of Donna, could the next story arc be TARDIS, or possibly huon energy, related? As you've pointed out, Kylie's character's name is an anagram of Tardis, , Donna's coming back next season, and Jack's growing a Tardis.

Also, after having done some random searches on Wiki, I found there's an ASTRID dual-mode ring, which can "store electrons or ions of either polarity". Sounds a bit Doctor Who to me, AND we were left with the mystery of The Master's ring...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It would explain why the Titanic was able to crash through the TARDIS' walls as she is somehow connected to it just like the Huon particles with Donna as you mentioned. I like the idea about the ring but I dont think the Doctor has the ring. Didnt a woman pick it up with red fingernails? Lucy. However if Astrid has red fingernails then I think we may have guessed the whole plot for the Christmas episode!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    RTD only put the ring into the shot so future writers have a way of bring back the Master if they want to. He said that he doesn't have any plans for the Master at this point so the ring will not play a role in the Christmas special.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let everyone know, the BBC have announced that there will be NO full series of Doctor Who in 2009, instead there will be three 'specials', however it has been confirmed that David Tennant will be in them. So, this means that the DW schedule will now look like this:

December 2007: Christmas Special (with David Tennant and Kylie)
    Spring 2008: Series 4 (with David Tennant, Catherine Tate and Freema Agyeman)
    December 2008: Christmas Special
    2009: 3 Special episodes with David Tennant
    2010: Series 5 (not confirmation of stars)

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...r/03/who.shtml

What does eveyone think of this???? In some ways I like it, but in others I'm not sure sure. I'll reserve judgement until 2009!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Terrible that there is no new series in 2009....

....but it does look like if there had been a series in 2009 DT might not have been able to play the Doctor if he is playing Hamlet.

I'd like to think at this point in time this is being done to allow DT to stay on in the role in 2010 should he wish to

ReputationRep:
    Well its been revealed who the new classic race returning to the new series.

Spoilers
    The Sontarans
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    You can put that in proper spoliers by using 'spolier tages eg

Spoiler:
    Show
    This is not a spoiler

Simply put [spoiler] [/spoiler] around the text to be spoilered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Terrible that there is no new series in 2009....

....but it does look like if there had been a series in 2009 DT might not have been able to play the Doctor if he is playing Hamlet.

I'd like to think at this point in time this is being done to allow DT to stay on in the role in 2010 should he wish to
    Since I'm going to Stratford to see him in Hamlet next July, I'll forgive them for holding the series for a year :p:

And I think you're right in your last sentence, RK

ReputationRep:
    You can put that in proper spoliers by using 'spolier tages eg

Spoiler:
    Show
    This is not a spoiler

Simply put [spoiler] [/spoiler] around the text to be spoilered.
    I know, just felt lazy and did it that way :p:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Dude)
    I know, just felt lazy and did it that way :p:
    :eek: I'm shocked. I really am. What ever would the Doctor say to that? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I'm shocked. I really am. What ever would the Doctor say to that? :eek:
    He would be to busy playing with his Sonic Screwdriver :p:

ReputationRep:
    So who saw the Children in Need special?

Personally, I think it would have made a better endding to the series to have the Tenth Doctor meet the Fifth Doctor in the TARDIS since only a few of us would have reconised him.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I loved the little special.

I've never seen that Doctor in an episode before so it was great.

Does anyone know if there was any significance to David Tennant going on about Peter Davidson being 'my Doctor'?

I'm thinking perhaps the that doctor was the one David Tennant remembers watching the most when growing up and think's of him more as the Doctor as anyone else?

That's what I hope anyway It would be a nice thing to say in there and great for DT to play opposite him.

On a similar note, I'd say that DT is 'my Doctor' as he's the one who really has taken the role and brought it alive for me.

I remember Paul McGann in the 90s and wasn't too impressed with it (through no fault of his own I believe). I remember watching Tom Baker repeats on a Sunday lunchtime in the 90s too. I think I remember small bits of Sylvester McCoy too. And of course the great Christopher Eccleston who really brought me in to the Doctor who world as a fan. But David Tennant will forever I think stay there on top as 'my Doctor' -probably no matter who plays the Doctor in the future

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking perhaps the that doctor was the one David Tennant remembers watching the most when growing up and think's of him more as the Doctor as anyone else?
    When asked, he usually says Tom Baker.

My Doctor is definitely David Tennant as I like im as an actor, but especially because he was the one who made me want to watch it, and later on, the one who made me love the show

ReputationRep:
    i love david tennant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i love david tennant.
    If I'd not used up my daily rep, I'd rep you.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.