The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

HoVis
Nah, I'm just applying this year. What I meant was that I applied to single honours History (cos there aren't many unis that offer History and Chinese) at five places, but Edinburgh makes you take 3 subjects in Years 1 and 2 and then leaves the choice of your final degree up to you, so there's more flexibility there. :yep:

I spent a month in China this summer - amazing place!!! :smile:

oh i see thats pretty good.
ive been dying to go China for ages did u go see the Olympics?
i wished i could've!
Got an offer from York! :biggrin: :biggrin:

English-AAA

woot!
Does anyone have a politics and philosophy offer from York, not PPE?
Reply 1183
Dewdrop<3

English-AAA

woot!

wow congtatulations! you get that today? (on a sunday?!)
Dewdrop<3

English-AAA

woot!

Congratulations! :biggrin: Btw which Oxford and Durham colleges did you apply to?
are people getting offers at the weekend?
elwoodc
wow congtatulations! you get that today? (on a sunday?!)

Thanks, I got it yesterday! I thought it was a bit weird it was on a Saturday...which is not going to help my track addiction

peanutbutternjelly
Congratulations! Btw which Oxford and Durham colleges did you apply to?

Thanks and you too!
St. Anne's at Oxford
St Hild and St Bede's at Durham

Are you applying there then? Which colleges?
I really want to go to a top uni for English and i got A stars in english lit and english lang but then got a B at AS. I'm being predicted a B at AS. Has anyone got an offer for with a predicted B?
Reply 1188
splee
China's an amazing place? I would like to know why. :smile:

I agree, Hong Kong > China :biggrin:
(and NO, Hong Kong is not part of China)
Reply 1189
mindy123
I really want to go to a top uni for English and i got A stars in english lit and english lang but then got a B at AS. I'm being predicted a B at AS. Has anyone got an offer for with a predicted B?

Hate to say it but unless you've got extenuating circumstances I don't think you're in with much of a chance for Oxbridge and the likes.
Dewdrop<3
Thanks, I got it yesterday! I thought it was a bit weird it was on a Saturday...which is not going to help my track addiction

Thanks and you too!
St. Anne's at Oxford
St Hild and St Bede's at Durham

Are you applying there then? Which colleges?

Yes, applied to Wadham at Oxford and St Aidan's at Durham! I wonder when we will hear back from Durham... My application's gone to the department according to AES so that means they should be looking at it soon..
Reply 1191
Hey - anyone non-UK with an offer? Any idea whether EU offers could take longer than UK ones?
Reply 1192
kuka
Hey - anyone non-UK with an offer? Any idea whether EU offers could take longer than UK ones?

good question, i'd like to know the answer too.
kuka

My friend in Greece already has two offers - Warwick Conditional and York Unconditional. :smile:
Reply 1194
UCL are already giving out offers!
I want one!!!
Reply 1195
theorangecab
My friend in Greece already has two offers - Warwick Conditional and York Unconditional. :smile:

Pretty cool! Do you know what courses he applied for? I have these two unis as my choices too.
Reply 1196
kuka
Pretty cool! Do you know what courses he applied for? I have these two unis as my choices too.

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

LOL seems like all the unis I almost applied to are sending out the offers.

Though apparently there are some Birmingham ones for physics. I can only hope...
nemnem
UCL are already giving out offers!
I want one!!!

WHAAAAT? Already?! What subjects?! Please don't say Law...:frown: :frown:
kuka

PPE for both. Yup, it's awesome, I'm happy for him.
theorangecab
WHAAAAT? Already?! What subjects?! Please don't say Law...:frown: :frown:

yea its law

Latest

Trending

Trending