Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Love Adele
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXG0Y...eature=channel

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD I HAVE SUCH AN AWFUL HANGOVER. My foot is also bleeding insane amounts. Bad times.

(Original post by malaz_197)
    you dont want to be in the george's bar on wednesday.. no, really.. :ahhhhh:
    I've probably seen worse/similar don't worry :p: I'm used to being part of particularly harsh circles with people vomming in bags etc. It's your rag thing right? I'll be with the entire boat club so I shall not be alone.

ReputationRep:
    Just made myself lol. I really am too easily amused. :facepalm2::musicus:

To the tune of Blondie's Maria.

Hygeiaaaa
    You've gotta see her
    Go insane and out of your mind
    Latina
    'Ave a Hygeia
    A million and one candlelight's

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, not really medical, but I thought it was appropriate to post this here (NSFW - Language)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Are you doing united hospitals head on 26th?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if this seems like a stupidly facepalm-worthy question, but obstetrics is classed as a surgical specialty isn't it? Is it a particularly competitive branch?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have totally just got into One Born Every Minute. Although so far I've managed to cry at the end of every episode :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    Apologies if this seems like a stupidly facepalm-worthy question, but obstetrics is classed as a surgical specialty isn't it? Is it a particularly competitive branch?
    I think it's surgical, given that it's generally tied in with gynaecology, training-wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I have totally just got into One Born Every Minute. Although so far I've managed to cry at the end of every episode :o:
    I made my boyfriend watch it last night and he subsequently had nightmares about all his female friends giving birth :rofl: Did you see the bit where her stomach literally flopped as the baby came out? He nearly vommed at that part :tongue:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I made my boyfriend watch it last night and he subsequently had nightmares about all his female friends giving birth :rofl: Did you see the bit where her stomach literally flopped as the baby came out? He nearly vommed at that part :tongue:
    Ahhh I'm on 4OD and I'm currently working my way through the second series - I'm on episode 3 :p:

And all his female friends? Surely he should be more frightened about you giving birth
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think it's surgical, given that it's generally tied in with gynaecology, training-wise.
    Thanks. There's a Surgical Soc talk tomorrow evening, I'll pop along then. If we join we're given a surgeon to shadow :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm on 4OD and I'm currently working my way through the second series - I'm on episode 3 :p:

And all his female friends? Surely he should be more frightened about you giving birth
    He's quite keen for me to have babies. Preferably as soon as possible.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    He's quite keen for me to have babies. Preferably as soon as possible.
    Oh. Well then he shouldn't be so squeamish :p: And you should also remind of him of the career you're going to enter into

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Well then he shouldn't be so squeamish :p: And you should also remind of him of the career you're going to enter into
    I have!! His 'plan' is for me to have 3 or 4 kids in quick succession before returning to work. Thankfully he's quite happy to play house husband

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Love Adele
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

ReputationRep:
    It's not, it's separate (and so it ****ing should be!). Much of the knowledge and skills are shared with the surgeons but the training is entirely separate. http://www.rcog.org.uk/education-and...duate-training

ReputationRep:
    It's surgical insofar that you're called Mr/Miss rather than Dr and do 'surgery' but it isn't technically a surgical speciality - it's part of Obs/Gyn. In fact, obstetrics is the more medical part of speciality.

It's relatively competitive, but not more so than other popular specialities and certainly less competitive than surgery.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have!! His 'plan' is for me to have 3 or 4 kids in quick succession before returning to work. Thankfully he's quite happy to play house husband
    Jesus this episode has the most annoying couple ever. All they say to each other is "I love you babe" and she keeps singing all the time, and moaning about how she wasn't allowed to have breakfast :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus this episode has the most annoying couple ever. All they say to each other is "I love you babe" and she keeps singing all the time, and moaning about how she wasn't allowed to have breakfast :rolleyes:
    I remember that one :rolleyes: some of the couples on that programme are plain weird!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    It's not, it's separate (and so it ****ing should be!). Much of the knowledge and skills are shared with the surgeons but the training is entirely separate. http://www.rcog.org.uk/education-and...duate-training

(Original post by Captain Crash)
    It's surgical insofar that you're called Mr/Miss rather than Dr and do 'surgery' but it isn't technically a surgical speciality - it's part of Obs/Gyn. In fact, obstetrics is the more medical part of speciality.

It's relatively competitive, but not more so than other popular specialities and certainly less competitive than surgery.
    Thanks very much, both of you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.