POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
FreshPrincess1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)
Can you believe it????? At last!!!

My opinion: One less tourist can only e a good thing.

thoughts?

Lol tourist?
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Apart from all the witnesses they have been interviewing on the news.

Oh, but i forgot, you don't actually read/watch the news, your too unintelligent for that :rolleyes:
*You're

I've been following the BBC news since morning and they've changed parts of their story 4 times now. Every time they change parts of the story or add to it, it seems like its too convienant to be true. Alas I'll keep following it, see if they can provide some hard evidence.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
If there was a fire in the vicinity, wouldn't there be more eyewitnesses? Apart from Syed Hussain and a guy tapping away at his keyboard on twitter, no one in the vicinity witnessed a fire or raid it seems.
Some one also took a photo of the fire on their mobile phone.

It was the first picture in the gallery of pictures that I linked you to.

Also, if you bothered to read the article about the tweeter, you would realise that there were also multiple people tweeting the same thing in the area.

Since you are a troll, you wouldn't realise this.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Gosh.

I get the idea that we shouldn't believe everything the news tells us, I myself am one of those people that are very sceptical of the news and the media.

But the president is saying the same thing
Most presidents and prime ministers from the entire world are saying the same thing.
There's DNA evidence.
Surely with their reputations at stake, and the death of the WORLDS (not just america) most wanted man, they'd want to be SURE of his death before they published it?

What's the alternative? Believe some no lifers on the internet who have nothing better to do than add up the current day and link it to some irrelevant event in history that mathematically links together - therefore they HAVE To have some correlation, and it was all planned by the government.
Get real.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Limitless)
In islam the body should be buried within 3 days underground not in a day under the sea.
The body should be buried 'the same day' or 'within 24 hours'

It is usually under ground, but it is perfectly acceptable to be at sea.

Given the risks involved with burying him 'normally' under ground, the sea is the best option.

Enough said.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*You're

I've been following the BBC news since morning and they've changed parts of their story 4 times now. Every time they change parts of the story or add to it, it seems like its too convienant to be true. Alas I'll keep following it, see if they can provide some hard evidence.
What exactly have they been changing?
Give me examples, with proof, of what they have been changing.

Bless, stupid people these days, so cute.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
*You're

Except for the pictures and the witnesses.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The body should be buried 'the same day' or 'within 24 hours'

It is usually under ground, but it is perfectly acceptable to be at sea.

Given the risks involved with burying him 'normally' under ground, the sea is the best option.

Enough said.
Any reply to the link I posted?
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What exactly have they been changing?
Give me examples, with proof, of what they have been changing.

Bless, stupid people these days, so cute.
Says the one that believes pretty much anything the bbc news tells him.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If there was a fire in the vicinity, wouldn't there be more eyewitnesses? Apart from Syed Hussain and a guy tapping away at his keyboard on twitter, no one in the vicinity witnessed a fire or raid it seems.
Seriously, stop.

It was 1am.

In a wealthy suburb.

Suburbs are quiet even at 1pm, I live in one as do many others on here.

If you see the google map images of where the compound was, it was pretty remote, very remote actually.
For those who WERE awake, they heard the helicopters (the guy on twitter), phone lines were cut (some other guy on twitter couldn't reach his family) but you're talking as if it happened at 12pm on a Saturday and there were crowds of people who should've saw everything and wrote about it.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your link is from 10 years ago. I am not sure what your point is.
SauravG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lizzzle)
It happened around 1am,
I'd assume him and his guards were asleep, if not relaxed and resting somewhat.
Plus the entire thing happened within 40 minutes including entering the house and finding him.
If he was asleep - which I assume - and it was in the dead of night, finding any mode of escape would have been hard considering the planes would've surrounded the entire compound, surely? Moving a 6'5, frail (supposedly he suffered from hepatitis) half asleep old man, and finding a route of escape in the dead of night isn't as easy as it sounds.

Think about these things before you start spouting random theories.
Yeah they would have been less watchful at like 3am considering they probably never expected it, but surely they must have had safe rooms with escape tunnels - especially if the building was custom built to house a major terrorist.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What am i meant to say to it?
A source over 10 years old.

Which states itself that there was no evidence it was true (that they had him, or were going to hand him over), they were just having talks about it. What else needs to be said?
Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Some one also took a photo of the fire on their mobile phone.

It was the first picture in the gallery of pictures that I linked you to.

Also, if you bothered to read the article about the tweeter, you would realise that there were also multiple people tweeting the same thing in the area.

Since you are a troll, you wouldn't realise this.
It's called keeping an open mind about things. Assuming the raid took place, America had a tip off of the compound after a courier sent there 8 months ago, if that's true then Osama was staying there for more than 8 months, how come the local residents had no clue of this? How can a terrorist so big live in a community for 8 months and go unnoticed? Even so when there's a military base in the vicinity?
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's called keeping an open mind about things. Assuming the raid took place, America had a tip off of the compound after a courier sent there 8 months ago, if that's true then Osama was staying there for more than 8 months, how come none of the local residents had no clue of this? How can a terrorist so big live in a community for 8 months and go unnoticed when there's a military base in the vicinity?
'Assuming a raid took place' ... for god sake, can't you just go away? :facepalm:
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DorianGrayism)
Your link is from 10 years ago. I am not sure what your point is.
Why didn't they take him then?
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why didn't they take him then?
Did you even read your own link?

I don't think you did haha.

What a fool.
Lizzzle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SauravG)
Yeah they would have been less watchful at like 3am considering they probably never expected it, but surely they must have had safe rooms with escape tunnels - especially if the building was custom built to house a major terrorist.
If you're watching Sky News, there's a military official who just said that there was "family" inside the compound, and Bin Laden used a woman as a shield from the gunfire.

Based on that it's clear that he had no route of escape, whether any escape tunnel was unreachable - or he just didn't have one, he seemed cornered.
Limitless
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What am i meant to say to it?
A source over 10 years old.

Which states itself that there was no evidence it was true (that they had him, or were going to hand him over), they were just having talks about it. What else needs to be said?
Not over 10 years old check the date again.

Everything just seems to 'perfect' to me.

Did you even read the link?
JGR
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When someone is shot in the head, especially with the sort of high-calibre weapon typically used by the military, it makes a bit of a mess.
People probably wouldn't react very nicely to a corpse that has its head half inside-out.
You also don't need to autopsy that sort of thing.
I don't think anyone (important) seriously cares if he was suffering from other non-fatal ailments.
Still, it won't be too long before pics are released and/or leaked, I bet.

As for the helicopter, as reported by the various sources, it was deliberately destroyed by the crew after they left, such that the remains could not fall into enemy hands.

I think it's reasonable to say that someone like bin Laden would have weapons to hand. Weapons aren't exactly difficult to get hold of over there...
It's also logical that they would then use them, which would make capturing them impossible. Hence they were shot and killed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.92%
No - but I will (45)
6.74%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.34%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
47.01%

Watched Threads