Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSJKSP)
    How much should I be revising if I have 21 GCSE exams coming up?
    With GCSEs, you're so young that you're either good or you're not. Because there's so many exams in so short a time, your best option is to read the whole textbook on the day of the exam and maybe the day before. No point revising 21 exams long-term, not least because it's only GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    I have 5 exams this year too. What exams do you have coming up? I have 3 business and 2 biology. I did about 4 hours in total today, did 2 past papers which make up 2 hours 30, then I just did notes for other exams which took about 1 hour 30 or so.
    hey, i have 3 economics and 2 psychology ones, i did about 3 and a half today because i went out earlier ( so i have to make up for it tomorrow). I finished going over one psych topic, so two more to go!

ReputationRep:
    13 exams at a level and out of motivation - i've worked since sept and its disappearing - someone motivate me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    13 exams at a level and out of motivation - i've worked since sept and its disappearing - someone motivate me!!!
    ALL OF THE HARD WORK YOU'VE PUT IN WILL PAY OFF AND YOU ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF MONTHS LEFT AND THEN YOU CAN GET INTO YOUR DREAM UNI AND HAVE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE.

how's that? I can also provide motivational videos with the service

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limitless!)
    ALL OF THE HARD WORK YOU'VE PUT IN WILL PAY OFF AND YOU ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF MONTHS LEFT AND THEN YOU CAN GET INTO YOUR DREAM UNI AND HAVE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE.

how's that? I can also provide motivational videos with the service

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha its good but i need words not videos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveslinus)
    Hmm... The core maths bit is OK for me, but the applied module :eek:! I do mechanics and it is by far my hardest subject.
    i do mechanics as my applied maths, im doing m1 atm and tbh once you get the hang of it its quite manageable... At the begining of the year i hated it because ive always hated physics amd i thought it was exactly the same but the more past papers you do the more you realise its just doing the same thing over and over again but with different numbers

ReputationRep:
    Take a break, then a few days before your first exam you'll be motivated.

ReputationRep:
    You got all this way to stop now? Finish what you started! You only need one last push and then you can be free from revision and relax the whole summer! Doing well in your a levels will be an added bonus to your summer and you wont have to dread results day as much because you lost motivation in the lead up to them. The future for yourself is in your hands right now, don't let it slip away... you can do it!

Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    You got all this way to stop now? Finish what you started! You only need one last push and then you can be free from revision and relax the whole summer! Doing well in your a levels will be an added bonus to your summer and you wont have to dread results day as much because you lost motivation in the lead up to them. The future for yourself is in your hands right now, don't let it slip away... you can do it!

Hope that helped
    It's helped me
    Thanks
    Egg.

ReputationRep:
    10-11 hours right now, and its NOT ENOUGH!! But I can't possibly concentrate for longer than that

ReputationRep:
    I spend 4-5 hours doing past papers and then another 1-2 going through my notes.
    Dont think it's enough though i have 14 exams-.-

ReputationRep:
    If you're revising 8-12 hours a day and you say it's not enough, you're definitely revising wrong. 8 hours a day should easily be enough to revise up to around 14 AS exams! I can't speak for A2, but for GCSE you wouldn't need to be doing that much even for 20+ exams.
    If you're doing more than 8 hours and are still struggling, sit back and work out how much of that is spent actually learning.
    Do past paper questions that you find hard, there's no point doing easy ones.
    Make notes on topics that you struggle with, or find hard to remember.
    Revision should be re-visiting material, not re-teaching it.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to find a 2-3 hours is fine. Don't know how people have time to do 6 hours!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Generally in the textbook the information is really waffly and so people write down key points according to the spec. Plus it might help others remember it more and when it comes down to revision instead of looking at a 100+ pages text book you have a a dozen or two of synthesised notes.

I personally make notes as it helps me understand the content and during revision I don't feel overwhelmed as my notes include all the necessary information needed.

But if making notes doesn't help you, then don't make any. As they say "different strokes for different folk".
    I have my physics biology and chemistry exams starting from 6th of June, I am doing 2 or 3 45 minute study sessions each day. 45 mins then 15 mins break and so on. This is only the 3rd day but I've stared off by rewriting the textbook as that helps me remember and recap key info.

ReputationRep:
    How do people possibly have 14 AS exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousgirll)
    I guess if they do five subjects and how many exams per subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymousgirll)
    3 maths, 3 further maths, 2 physics, 2 chemistry, 2 history, 2 general studies

Altogether 14 ****ing exams yaaaaay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marinajelly)
    3 maths, 3 further maths, 2 physics, 2 chemistry, 2 history, 2 general studies

Altogether 14 ****ing exams yaaaaay

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I see you feeling prepared I'm freaking out over 5 so I can't imagine how your feeling.

ReputationRep:
    simply not enough. ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing about 0 hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.