Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)

:teehee:
    From managing a team to get into the CL quarter finals to the championship. How low can he go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    It is selfish, but put yourself in his shoes and then think about what you said... and don't come back with some bull**** like, "I'd have stayed"..

I bet anything it's a talksport video... They do comedy videos on youtube where they dub players speaking in different languages with total bull. Obviously the Arsenal jokes are plentiful.
    Nothing beats loyalty my friend. Nothing. Especially the loyalty Arsenal showed to him during his years, to the throw it back in their face....

Look at Javier Zanetti, still playing for Inter Milan since 1995, didn't win anything until the league in 2004-05 and UEFA Cup in 1997 (but does that really count?), stuck by Inter during one of it's toughest periods (the 90s).

Francesco Totti, still playing for Roma since 1993 and has only won one league title 8years later and then two consecutive league cups in 2006 and 2007.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    From managing a team to get into the CL quarter finals to the championship. How low can he go?
    He should have took the Ukraine job instead. I fancy Harry to bring them up next season though.

Fiorentina v Roma is on right now, started at 19:45. Jovetic is playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    He should have took the Ukraine job instead. I fancy Harry to bring them up next season though.

He aint going to last till December at QPR.

Look for him to get the first mid-low level PL job that becomes available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    He aint going to last till December at QPR.

Look for him to get the first mid-low level PL job that becomes available.
    Depends on how much he's getting. My bet would be the newcastle job.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, he'd have taken a punt on international management and it wouldn't really ruin his(vastly overrated) CV managing them.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how much he's getting. My bet would be the newcastle job.
    Newcastle is a good shout. But my money is on Sunderland atm.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he'd have taken a punt on international management and it wouldn't really ruin his(vastly overrated) CV managing them.
    How is his CV overrated? I know he's bailed on teams before and has no loyalty. But the job he did at Spurs was immense, they were in a position to challenge for the league at one time. FFS

ReputationRep:
    How is his CV overrated? I know he's bailed on teams before and has no loyalty. But the job he did at Spurs was immense, they were in a position to challenge for the league at one time. FFS
    No they weren't. They were on a good run of form. He was not in a position to win the league and anyone saying that tottenham could win the league obviously took the same stuff skysports were smoking.
    He's a decent manager who can motivate teams but nothing else. Despite their position when he took over tottenham were still a very good team and under jol managed 2 5th places only the bad season under ramos messed them up.

ReputationRep:
    Townsend ripped Monreal a new one today. In my opinion it was because if the lack of support from the wide player that was Cazorla. Same goes for the right hand side. Since Around January Theo has been drifting in continually and left Sagna exposed. Moreover, he doesn't give Sagna much of an option when going forward, meaning he has to pass it back, just like he unfortunately did against United. Not sure if he has been given a licence to do so or if he's just ignored Orders.

Wouldn't mind an Out ans Out winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah monreal was poor today but cazorla doesn't help out with defensive work. Although tbh after watching robben's performance vs barca it's not an excuse for cazorla to be lazy out wide.

An out and out direct winger would be nice though. Can't think of many around that are arsenal quality.

ReputationRep:
    Can't think of many around that are arsenal quality.
    Robben is a bottler, so him and Arsenal would be a match made in heaven tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm talking early low days 08-10. Obvs now he won't even get into the team regularly now with reus, schurle, gomez, klose, ozil, kiessling, muller, kroos, gundogan occupying the 3 positions he can play in and younger players like holtby/draxler coming through.

Gerv over him too. Up front for sure. I guess he might need a little time to settle. Is it me or does all your first team have quality but show it too inconsistently to be at a title challenging club?
    Yeh its just you, our problem is not what it was 3 seasons go when we lacked in 2 positions. We have a decent amount of quality all over the pitch but nowhere are we great. The level of the first team has gone down, before signing a top center back and a DM was all we needed to be a team challenging for both champions league and epl but now we need about 5 or 6. other than kosielny, cazorla and wilshire (if even them) non of our first team would get into any team in the top 3. That shows how much the distance has grown between us and the likes of chelsea, city and united. Chelsea are a team with quality but are inconsistent, they got players like hazard who I think is gonna be one of the top 5 players in the world in a few years whereas we have no one of that caliber. Like Graeme Suness said there is a reason why we have not won against big teams this season

ReputationRep:
    Yeah monreal was poor today but cazorla doesn't help out with defensive work. Although tbh after watching robben's performance vs barca it's not an excuse for cazorla to be lazy out wide.

An out and out direct winger would be nice though. Can't think of many around that are arsenal quality.
    Isco? Draxler? Robben is unrealistic, I imagine Chelsea will be interested in him. What with Mourinho coming, yeah come to think of it, he's definitely going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Nothing beats loyalty my friend. Nothing. Especially the loyalty Arsenal showed to him during his years, to the throw it back in their face....

Look at Javier Zanetti, still playing for Inter Milan since 1995, didn't win anything until the league in 2004-05 and UEFA Cup in 1997 (but does that really count?), stuck by Inter during one of it's toughest periods (the 90s).

Francesco Totti, still playing for Roma since 1993 and has only won one league title 8years later and then two consecutive league cups in 2006 and 2007.
    I'm not going to act like I know all about Zanetti's and Totti's careers, but I'm pretty sure both of them weren't highly sort after towards the end of their careers...

We didn't show him loyalty, we heald on to a player we knew fully well was top draw... there's a difference. After all, people act like he suddenly became what he is today, but when he wasn't injured he was the same rvp we see now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Robben is a bottler, so him and Arsenal would be a match made in heaven tbh.
    :sogood: his penalty taking is immense. managed to lose two trophies by missing penalties :sogood:

(Original post by yaboy)
    Yeh its just you, our problem is not what it was 3 seasons go when we lacked in 2 positions. We have a decent amount of quality all over the pitch but nowhere are we great. The level of the first team has gone down, before signing a top center back and a DM was all we needed to be a team challenging for both champions league and epl but now we need about 5 or 6. other than kosielny, cazorla and wilshire (if even them) non of our first team would get into any team in the top 3. That shows how much the distance has grown between us and the likes of chelsea, city and united. Chelsea are a team with quality but are inconsistent, they got players like hazard who I think is gonna be one of the top 5 players in the world in a few years whereas we have no one of that caliber. Like Graeme Suness said there is a reason why we have not won against big teams this season
    Not answered my question. I said you have quality but don't have the consistency of that quality. Walcott can clearly be a handful but he's not consistent enough for me to be top quality(although this has been a more consistent season for him)
    Podolski has quality but he's inconsistent. Same for the likes of szcechny, sagna, diaby(when fit), gervinho. Lack consistency as you can clearly be a great team on your day(vs chelsea and liverpool second half, vs bayern munich)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Jovetic was a bit hit and miss today, although of course I need to watch him more to get a better sense of how good he is. He was able to link play really well, knocking the ball off well and bringing others into play, as well as showing a pretty decent range of passing.

However, somewhat worryingly as the "lone" front-man, leading the line, it seemed unnatural and didn't feel like it fit for him. He was constantly dropping deep (although this was good for linking play), and on numerous occasions when the ball was out wide to be crossed in, rather than darting to the front post or peeling off to back instinctively, he was hanging around on the edge of the box, unlike what a natural goalscorer would do.

With that in mind, and with his clear creative ability, it seems like he's the kind of player who would best playing just off the main striker, playing cutting passes and popping up late in the box, so at first glimpse it might be a bit of a square peg in a round hole type situation wrt fitting him in to our team. Having said that, if he did play at the tip of our attack. for argument's sake I'm assuming a Podolski/Jovetic/Walcott front three, I actually think it could work. I can see Jovetic dropping slightly deeper, being able to pick out passes to Walcott especially, making runs off the last defender, since he tends to drift into the middle far too much anyway for a right winger.

All in all, he looks a quality player, which at the end of the day is what we need to be bringing in to the club, and I'm sure there's ways of accommodating him into our team to make it work, so I'd definitely love to see him in an Arsenal shirt.

Edit: That was longer than I expected it to be Just wanted to clear up my own opinions about him, posting it here was an easy way to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic, Villa or Higuain? Who would you take?

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic, Villa or Higuain? Who would you take?
    jovetic.

Not a huge fan of higuain, and villa is older..

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.