Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    Look at the 19 years old twitter he doesn't seem radical or extreme, just seems like a normal teen, I wouldnt suspect anyone like him to carry out an attack like this.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A

I think I've got the wrong twitter then because this guy is threatening to kill the po po. Why would someone make a fake twitter account for him though what an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    This is precisely what I wanted you to admit. And you've confirmed everything I've suspected. And people actually wonder why they hate us over there? No but of course, it's those darned 72 virgins isn't it......... :rolleyes:

Be sure to pass on your disgusting and condescending justification to those victims. I wonder if some radical Muslim guy came here and said well it's "unfortunate" that we had to kill civilians, but it's justified because it was in the pursuit of a "greater goal", what would he be called again?
    Sorry - don't really want to get sucked into this argument. But, just to check:

Are you saying that you see no difference between a couple of guys blowing up bystanders at a charity event and innocents getting killed in an airstrike designed to take out some guys busy at work in a bomb factory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1995)

I think I've got the wrong twitter then because this guy is threatening to kill the po po. Why would someone make a fake twitter account for him though what an idiot.
    Yeah, that's a fake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1995)

Deffo the wrong account. Dzohar's account was something like j_tsar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Yeah, that's a fake.

(Original post by AlexandrTheGreat)
    Deffo the wrong account. Dzohar's account was something like j_tsar
    Thank you both I don't really need to see his twitter to believe he was a good guy - my theory is he was brainwashed. I cant even begin thinking what he's going through right now. Although of course what he did was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say that I believe the warning points I got for speculating that the terrorists were muslims should be removed.

It is now known the terrorists were muslims. As expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azarimanka)
    x
    Just to let you know if you want to query your points you need to post in Ask a Moderator. They could give you more if you discuss it in public

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azarimanka)
    I just want to say that I believe the warning points I got for speculating that the terrorists were muslims should be removed.

It is now known the terrorists were muslims. As expected.
    Presumably you were warned for being offensive and a bigot. Just because they happened to be Muslim in the end, doesn't mean you weren't still being offensive and a bigot.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Poor Dzhokar. I hate terrorists, but look at his scrawny little body, his pot-smoking, his love of American pop culture. I suspect he was blackmailed or coerced.

Name:  XDuMHCY.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  167.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freeurmind)
    X
    Lol. Because he doesn't look like a freaky beard dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Presumably you were warned for being offensive and a bigot. Just because they happened to be Muslim in the end, doesn't mean you weren't still being offensive and a bigot.
    It's not bigoted to state that it is likely that muslims did the attack. That is statistically likely.

Perhaps its offensive. But why suppress truth if it's offensive dear?

ReputationRep:

hese are the guys protecting america

The manhunt and media coverage was an absolute circus. I still can't understand why there were thousands of law enforcement agencies armed to the teeth looking for a single person. In the end a householder found the guy hiding in the back yard - which was going always going to be the logical outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndercoverLover)

The manhunt and media coverage was an absolute circus. I still can't understand why there were thousands of law enforcement agencies armed to the teeth looking for a single person. In the end a householder found the guy hiding in the back yard - which was going always going to be the logical outcome.

Haha I pissed myself.

ReputationRep:

Isn't it just that he found a good hiding place? In a large city like Boston, there are lots of places to hide and even a large army can fail to search every nook and cranny.

ReputationRep:

And if they sat in their offices doing nothing waiting for a phone call there would be a lot more people complaining than just you.

ReputationRep:
    The Chechnyan militia group have denied any involvement in the bombings, saying they would only attack Russia and not the USA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I have spoken to several americans that scoffed at the idea that Russia was partly asian.
    Yes, but Chechnya is entirely within Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was suggesting general ignorance of Americans, particularly regarding Russia and geography in general. I'd be surprised if many lay citizens would have been aware of the sizeable muslim population of Russia.
    I misunderstood. Yes, I've come across many people who were unaware of Muslims in Russia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was suggesting general ignorance of Americans, particularly regarding Russia and geography in general. I'd be surprised if many lay citizens would have been aware of the sizeable muslim population of Russia.
    As some Russian TV news say - 1/3 of Moscow 1st class scholars this year - don't speak Russian at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCWFBkiOdoo

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.