Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Stricof)
    You have a rather sceptical outlook on Iran's apparently definite targeting of the United Kingdom me thinks
    We don't know who could attack us. We would never have guessed 50 years ago, that we would be fighting terrorists who use suicide bombs on the public. The biggest threats I believe are North Korea and Iran; although they may not target the UK, they are still a threat.

(Original post by abucha3)
    We don't know who could attack us. We would never have guessed 50 years ago, that we would be fighting terrorists who use suicide bombs on the public. The biggest threats I believe are North Korea and Iran; although they may not target the UK, they are still a threat.
    Haha okay. Okay. I see. I see. Well then my good sir I must propose the following question to you -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Discuss

(Original post by Stricof)
    Haha okay. Okay. I see. I see. Well then my good sir I must propose the following question to you -
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Discuss
    Yes. We are fighting terrorism, not inflicting terrorism.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes. We are fighting terrorism, not inflicting terrorism.
    But by fighting terrorism we also inflict it.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I think we should use NATO but we shouldn't be dependent on NATO; being dependent on NATO is basically relying on the US. We both know that if NATO countries attack a country, then it will be the USA that will carry the weight. We should still have means to protect ourselves.
    Even if we didn't a have a nuclear weapon, which kills innocent people rather than the ones who deserve to be attacked, we could still wipe Iran off the face of the earth with the convensional weapons we possess.

ReputationRep:
    The TSR Labour lineup following the mini-election for next term is:

01. Cardozo
    02. Dayne
    03. Robinson999
    04. Rockrunride
    05. Big-Bang-Theory
    06. Thunder and Jazz
    07. Green is the new Red
    08. Sandys1000
    09. Teh User
    10. RK
    11. Randdom
    12. Peachz
    13. The Next Left
    14. Mann18

ReputationRep:
    Actually a big well done on filling your seats without Adorno (or whatever that fell was called :p: ). I didn't think you'd be able to it seeing your moentous seat gain

(Original post by Cardozo)

01. Cardozo
    02. Dayne
    03. Robinson999
    04. Rockrunride
    05. Big-Bang-Theory
    06. Thunder and Jazz
    07. Green is the new Red
    08. Sandys1000
    09. Teh User
    10. RK
    11. Randdom
    12. Peachz
    13. The Next Left
    14. Mann18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Actually a big well done on filling your seats without Adorno (or whatever that fell was called :p: ). I didn't think you'd be able to it seeing your moentous seat gain
    Yeah, originally I thought it was a big task. In the end though we had to many people plus one who was intending to defect to us but we had no seats left

ReputationRep:

01. Cardozo
    02. Dayne
    03. Robinson999
    04. Rockrunride
    05. Big-Bang-Theory
    06. Thunder and Jazz
    07. Green is the new Red
    08. Sandys1000
    09. Teh User
    10. RK
    11. Randdom
    12. Peachz
    13. The Next Left
    14. Mann18
    Congrats on filling your seats :yy:

Hope they're all quite active

ReputationRep:

01. Cardozo
    02. Dayne
    03. Robinson999
    04. Rockrunride
    05. Big-Bang-Theory
    06. Thunder and Jazz
    07. Green is the new Red
    08. Sandys1000
    09. Teh User
    10. RK
    11. Randdom
    12. Peachz
    13. The Next Left
    14. Mann18
    Best of luck to you :yy: Keeping so many MPs active is no mean feat :o:

ReputationRep:
    "Who's the daddy? I'm the daddy". Yes or no?

ReputationRep:

01. Cardozo
    02. Dayne
    03. Robinson999
    04. Rockrunride
    05. Big-Bang-Theory
    06. Thunder and Jazz
    07. Green is the new Red
    08. Sandys1000
    09. Teh User
    10. RK
    11. Randdom
    12. Peachz
    13. The Next Left
    14. Mann18
    Haven't seen a few of them around much but I hope they'll all be active contributors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotpp)
    Haven't seen a few of them around much but I hope they'll all be active contributors.
    :hello: Hey

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd better introduce myself! Hello all, i'm new . Hopefully i'll be as active as time permits

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Thought I too should introduce myself onto this thread - I'm also a new TSR Labour MP :P I hope to get actively involved in all sorts of debate on here, and for those economists in the government - you've got some more competition!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Next Left)
    Hey everyone! Thought I too should introduce myself onto this thread - I'm also a new TSR Labour MP :P I hope to get actively involved in all sorts of debate on here, and for those economists in the government - you've got some more competition!
    I'm definitely not an economist, I'm more interested in home office matters, health and education. Nice to meet you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Labour will hopefully be nice and active. Once I've finished working on what i am currently I'll be doing my bit to ask all the newbies to help me write stuff to put in the sub forum.

Because, God knows, I write terrible bills.

ReputationRep:
    I should introduce myself as well. I hope to be about as active as I am in the MUN, but hopefully I can surpass that as I spend a good hour or two on TSR every day.

ReputationRep:
    Cool nice to see that list filled with quality, not just seat holders

Nice to see the acquisition of Dayne to your party and his return to HoC activity, or did this happen earlier under my radar? It certainly strengthens the "Left" compass and viewpoint.

Look forward to seeing this new Labour party in action with some bills then.

(Original post by Teh User)
    X
    Go to Leeds do PPS! Good luck on the interview come february/march time, if not York is pretty ace they share social science resources with Leeds Uni, I met some of there PHD people who led some of our seminars at Leeds Uni. PPS will be ace if you go to Ottawa or Washington!

ReputationRep:
    New Labour MP.

'Sup?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.