Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    YES! Nice to see you making stuff with your mollymod kit! It's what I did when I got mine in first year, made caffeine and teased the dentist across the corridoor with it!
    Omg, I just made caffeine!
    Name:  caffeine.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  299.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    Omg, I just made caffeine!
    Name:  caffeine.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  299.1 KB
    aww. you've got the big ones! I've got a set, but the balls are tiny :/

ReputationRep:
    aww. you've got the big ones! I've got a set, but the balls are tiny :/
    Oh, I didn't know there were smaller ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    Oh, I didn't know there were smaller ones!
    mm. the one I've been given is like a special set. All different length bonds and things.

ReputationRep:
    mm. the one I've been given is like a special set. All different length bonds and things.
    That sounds cool! I have this one:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molecular-...item51a2c09539
    Which has four different types of bonds, but I don't really know what to use the two little ones for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    Which has four different types of bonds, but I don't really know what to use the two little ones for?
    I have no idea. Lone pairs??

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. Lone pairs??
    That's the only thing I could think of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    That's the only thing I could think of
    Atleast we're singing off the same song sheet I suppose. Good luck with all of your offers that you're still waiting for (See, now it's on topic....)

ReputationRep:
    Atleast we're singing off the same song sheet I suppose. Good luck with all of your offers that you're still waiting for (See, now it's on topic....)
    Haha, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    The small ones are for a space-filling model instead of the spread-out thing that you've made. Like this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    The small ones are for a space-filling model instead of the spread-out thing that you've made. Like this:

Oh, I see! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alotties)
    I'm starting my MChem degree at University of Hull next month.
    I applied to Southampton/Cardiff/Leicester/Bangor aswell.
    Also, I only got BCCCC at AS and still received all 5 offers from AAB to BBB.
    If anyone has any questions about Hull/Chemistry/Personal Statements/Applying with low grades or any of the other unis I applied for, feel free to PM me.
    Hi,
    As you've been at hull for a while, would you be able to tell me about the university, the city and the chemsitry department please.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I originally applied for medicine, but after realising that I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, I'm currently planning on withdrawing my application around February and applying for chemistry through extra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Hey guys, I originally applied for medicine, but after realising that I'm not 100% sure I want to do that, I'm currently planning on withdrawing my application around February and applying for chemistry through extra
    Where will you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    Where will you apply?
    I have no idea, we can only apply to one uni at a time through extra, and depending on whether they'd consider me, I'm thinking Nottingham and Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, we can only apply to one uni at a time through extra, and depending on whether they'd consider me, I'm thinking Nottingham and Sheffield
    I have offers from those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    I have offers from those

Ah congrats where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the thread!, i hope you get into medicine but even if you don't chemistry is a fantastic degree/career!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistt)
    Welcome to the thread!, i hope you get into medicine but even if you don't chemistry is a fantastic degree/career!
    Thank you I'm actually planning on withdrawing my medicine application as I don't really want to do it anymore. I hope I do get in to chemistry this year

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I'm actually planning on withdrawing my medicine application as I don't really want to do it anymore. I hope I do get in to chemistry this year
    Well, i wish you the best of luck, where you thinking to apply?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2016

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.