Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)
    If you use the "your message" link on the kings portal you can attach any documents and send it that way.
    Thanks! I did think of that but I'm not too keen to give my log in details to my Head of dept-plus he's not in the office at the moment anyway. My main concern was the noon deadline and I wanted to ask if there could be an extension to that. I don't think six days is enough notice-esp if someone is away at a conference etc.
    I've asked him if he wouldn't mind sending a ref to the ug admissions email address but I'm assuming they've automatically rejected me by now. I can't think of anything else I can do......

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone, who had an early interview, heard back yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got interviews scheduled for Jan yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, do we need to bring reference letters from our work experience to interview? as they are not mentioned in the letters.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is the ethics part of the ISC book adequate for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRedPineapple)
    Hey, do we need to bring reference letters from our work experience to interview? as they are not mentioned in the letters.

Thanks
    I'd assume not if they haven't asked for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When considering offers, do kings review academic and ps again or do they base it just on the interview performance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah it's today!!
    Excited and nervous!!
    Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrZwitterion)
    When considering offers, do kings review academic and ps again or do they base it just on the interview performance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had posted the same question a few days ago, didn't get any replies. I really want to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by great life)
    I had posted the same question a few days ago, didn't get any replies. I really want to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing a shirt and blazer...should I wear a tie? (Please reply...train to London leaves soon
    ..)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razer_M)
    I'm wearing a shirt and blazer...should I wear a tie? (Please reply...train to London leaves soon
    ..)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think so, better safe than sorry good luck with the interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jesus! Got my Kings interview Jan 7th! So much preparation work to do in the next 3 weeks then!

Thats a 160:24 interviewees to places ratio. Not bad odds relatively speaking, but it does not feel comforting. Max pant crapping engaged.

Also would anyone say this is a good indication that I may get an interview at Warwick also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalezz)
    Jesus! Got my Kings interview Jan 7th! So much preparation work to do in the next 3 weeks then!

Thats a 160:24 interviewees to places ratio. Not bad odds relatively speaking, but it does not feel comforting. Max pant crapping engaged.

Also would anyone say this is a good indication that I may get an interview at Warwick also?
    Congrats!!! Are you a graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I think this person is a graduate because Warick only offers graduate Medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalezz)

Hey - Congrats

I've got mine on the 6th.... seriously nervous about the whole MMI thing!

Well, I've applied to Warwick also so I would love to say yes but it seems Warwick has attracted ALL of the "high flyer" applicants (so many people have either masters/phDs or 800/850+ UKCAT). Apparently Barts are getting back to people this week and they have a similar UKCAT cut off to warwick - Im thinking that given the joint selection centre that means we'll hear from then soon too.

In terms of getting an interview offer for Warwick - there's 1600 or so who made it above the UKCAT cutoff and from then on (from what I've been reading on various threads) its pretty much all about your PS and whether you fit into their other selection criteria (e.g.: work experience etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bells8840)
    Thanks! I did think of that but I'm not too keen to give my log in details to my Head of dept-plus he's not in the office at the moment anyway. My main concern was the noon deadline and I wanted to ask if there could be an extension to that. I don't think six days is enough notice-esp if someone is away at a conference etc.
    I've asked him if he wouldn't mind sending a ref to the ug admissions email address but I'm assuming they've automatically rejected me by now. I can't think of anything else I can do......
    How come they asked you for a second reference anyway? I only sent one with my Ucas application.

Although it does say on the portal they require 2 references!? Can someone clear this up please, I hope I haven't made a boo boo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I am indeed. BSc Business Management & Economics. So medicine seemed like the next logical step.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appleby)
    Don't worry. I had my interview today - they were really easy going.
    What course was that for? Im not sure what details you can give without divulging too much, but any sense you could give us of the way they do things would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, they were so friendly and nice!!! It actually caught me off guard lol.

Most of it was just a general conversation, it seemed like the main interviewer was genuinely interested in what I was saying..

Still think I messed it up, forgot a lot of basic stuff to the standard Q's.

I finished and walked into the room at 4.10 (brown chap in the blue blazer...anyone recognise me haha?) And I entered at 3pm to the waiting room...anyone else in there then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.