Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Anyone else not too fussed if Sagna leaves? He's an ok RB but by no means special.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, he's been solid but a replacement would be needed next season anyway as he'd lose pace etc.

ReputationRep:
    If we get Aurirer to cover for Sagna I'll really have no issue tbh

ReputationRep:
    I've been saying it for ages, Martinez has been living off Moyes's defence since the start of his tenure. Now that Distan and Jagielka are out he's getting exposed with his uber attacking football that got Wigan relegated. I don't want him anywhere near Arsenal in the future. Over rated and over hyped manager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I've been saying it for ages, Martinez has been living off Moyes's defence since the start of his tenure. Now that Distan and Jagielka are out he's getting exposed with his uber attacking football that got Wigan relegated. I don't want him anywhere near Arsenal in the future. Over rated and over hyped manager.
    That is, by far and away, the most ludicrous analysis of Martinez I've ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    Sagna has been part of a solid back 4, the most solid back 4 we've had for a while... it would be a massive shame to see him leave and a bit foolish in this regard.

no guarantees that any RB we sign will fill the void successfully. personally don't think Jenkinson is ready either. Really want to see Sagna stay, but I can understand why we're not giving him what he wants. Rumoured 100k? not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger is such a tease! Every year he baits other teams into thinking they can snatch Arsenal's CL place...and then crushes their hopes in the last few games!

I swear he only does it to keep things interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    By your standards Liverpool should be nowhere near Everton either (and that's counting the past three seasons)
    why not? liverpool have spent far more money
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Just realised Southampton beat Everton by 2 goals to nil. Get innn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Wenger is such a tease! Every year he baits other teams into thinking they can snatch Arsenal's CL place...and then crushes their hopes in the last few games!

I swear he only does it to keep things interesting
    Every year he baits Arsenal fans into thinking that their club will actually progress, only for you to endure the same yearly crumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchdayG)
    Every year he baits Arsenal fans into thinking that their club will actually progress, only for you to endure the same yearly crumble.
    Nah mate, usually we are dire at the start and then pick up the pace. He went for a change of storyline this year.
    Furthermore, we have progressed. Potentially first trophy in almost a decade, and a decent league campaign.

Only 2/3 players away from being title challengers year on year.

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate, usually we are dire at the start and then pick up the pace. He went for a change of storyline this year.
    Furthermore, we have progressed. Potentially first trophy in almost a decade, and a decent league campaign.

We need to win the matches against big teams, that will make up the points differential and win us the title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DurhamXI)
    We need to win the matches against big teams, that will make up the points differential and win us the title.
    Yup, we need to not bottle it every time

ReputationRep:
    so if arsenal finish on 79pts.. where would that relate to previous seasons..

Well its 6pts above last season, and 9pts above the season before that when arsenal finished 3rd..

And 79pts in the league has previously finished: 2nd, 3rd, 2nd (beaten by 1pt to the league), 3rd

Goes to show that this year the PL is back to being much tighter and more competative at the top..

Its would also be arsenals highest point total since 2007/2008

With previous totals being: 73, 70, 68, 75, 72,

So.. whilst its not perfect.. progress none the less.

ReputationRep:

you aren't usually terrible at the start my 2 personal favourite collapses were the 2010/11 one also known as the 'quadruple' season and the 07/08 "we would of won it if it weren't for that eduardo tackle" season

ReputationRep:
    that shelvey goal....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    that shelvey goal....

Sign him up

LOOOOL I'm Finished!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)

LOOOOL I'm Finished!

ahahah :lol: I'M GONE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    you aren't usually terrible at the start my 2 personal favourite collapses were the 2010/11 one also known as the 'quadruple' season and the 07/08 "we would of won it if it weren't for that eduardo tackle" season
    I quite liked the 2002-03 collapse, I remember watching the 3-2 home defeat to Leeds. Is one of the first football games I remember. Some cracking goals in that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchdayG)
    I quite liked the 2002-03 collapse, I remember watching the 3-2 home defeat to Leeds. Is one of the first football games I remember. Some cracking goals in that.
    The 02-03 collapse was the most spectacular tbh. Especially since we went unbeaten just a year later.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.