Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2015 Thread*** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sick of waitiiiiiiing.

Did the application for all BB (BoA, DB, GS, JpM, GS, MS), 2 weeks ago for some... (UBS, CS and Citi asking weird questions, so I'm gonna go for it this week-end).

ReputationRep:
    For those who applied to Rothschild, what does the application status say?

ReputationRep:
    It says application received.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaa123123)
    It says application received.
    Thx. Just wondering about when will we be invited for interview

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the banks I quoted, did I forget anyone? Barclays did not open yet it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from nomura yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaa123123)
    Has anyone heard back from nomura yet?
    I submitted my application like a month ago and finally got a response. Unfortunately it was just to say my application is NOW under review

ReputationRep:
    for anyone doing hsbc, am I right on saying for work experience we can only put one? no choice to put more from what I can see?

ReputationRep:
    If you get past Credit Suisse verbal reasoning test does it mean you passed it? Just completed CS apps and I think I faired well on numericals, but slightly unsure on my verbal competency.

ReputationRep:
    Screwed up my Morgan Stanley Test. Did it at midnight and just wasn't concentrating at all. Half the time I was on my phone from not being bothered -.-

What a waste.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received the test yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long do you wait until MS ask you to do the numerical test after applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerald131)
    How long do you wait until MS ask you to do the numerical test after applying?
    I did it straight after the application. I submitted it a couple hours back and the test invite was instant.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was wondering if it is too late to start sending applications for sw?. Some people at my uni who did it last year said after mid October your chances diminish a lot as they have already got many applicants who are good enough by then.
    Also as the actual deadlines for most are in January is there an deadline/time after which your chances do significantly diminish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1234 1234)
    Hey I was wondering if it is too late to start sending applications for sw?. Some people at my uni who did it last year said after mid October your chances diminish a lot as they have already got many applicants who are good enough by then.
    Also as the actual deadlines for most are in January is there an deadline/time after which your chances do significantly diminish?
    I'd say mid November. Albeit I'd advise applying now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I'd say mid November. Albeit I'd advise applying now.
    Thanks for the reply and yes I am hoping to send all my applications off by mid next week.
    Also usually there are more than one assessment centres run right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

when writing my cover letter for some of the spring week applications, who should I address it to? head of campus recruitment (or another position), or would it just be best to put sir/madam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    Hi guys,

when writing my cover letter for some of the spring week applications, who should I address it to? head of campus recruitment (or another position), or would it just be best to put sir/madam?
    Dear Campus/Graduate Recruitment is fine unless you know HR personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimbobJam)
    Hi guys,

I've always put Sir/Madam

ReputationRep:
    If you get invited to the LSE IB conference, is it something you can talk about in the cover letter or add on cv? Is it worth going to btw if you live outside London?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.