The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mauricefred
I'm on the 12th I have a question how do you know which of the streams you have been sent to the assessment centre for? As I applied for all three of the commercial and finance ones but the email inviting me to the AC didnt say which ones I was being assessed for

You're assessed for them all at the one FSAC. It's a general FSAC which is evaluating your against the competencies that all fast streams require. Each stream will have it's own pass rate though, so you could pass all, some or none depending on your score.
Hi all. My deadline for sitting my tests is close of play tomorrow evening. I was going to do my verbal first today and then the other two tomorrow. Can anybody tell me if this is allowed or do you have to do all three together in one day? Thanks a lot in advance.
Got an unsuccessful email today. :'(

Second year of failing lol

Took them three months to reply to me. Next year I will try harder.

I must admit I haven't been totally prepared so my failure is my own fault completely.

Good luck all. :smile:
Still awaiting results for the Diplomatic Stream - has anyone had a response recently? Not liking the possibility of having to wait til the 19th December!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Claires8649
Still awaiting results for the Diplomatic Stream - has anyone had a response recently? Not liking the possibility of having to wait til the 19th December!

Are you waiting for test results or for e-tray? I'm kinda sure that there hasn't been a further band narrowing since the initial one at e-tray at the beginning of the month, as surely we'd see here! *Fingers crossed* it's soon :smile: !
Original post by kat.lev
Are you waiting for test results or for e-tray? I'm kinda sure that there hasn't been a further band narrowing since the initial one at e-tray at the beginning of the month, as surely we'd see here! *Fingers crossed* it's soon :smile: !

Yeah the etray, completed a few weeks ago. Are they going to be released in waves or on a case by case basis?
Original post by Claires8649
Yeah the etray, completed a few weeks ago. Are they going to be released in waves or on a case by case basis?

So far it's always in waves..
Reply 1207
Anyone else got the FSAC on 11th Demeber? I didn't think it would be so soon!

Also, does anyone know if they will pay expenses towards a hotel over £120, e.g. £120 towards a £150 hotel - leaving me to pay the £30?

Thanks
Ailss
Original post by ailss

Also, does anyone know if they will pay expenses towards a hotel over £120, e.g. £120 towards a £150 hotel - leaving me to pay the £30?

Thanks
Ailss

Hi,

The website says you can claim any actual expenses up to the maximum of £120 for the hotel. So I'd say it's fine if you spend over but they will only reimburse the £120. Also remember they will deduct £10 off your total expense claim as they expect you to contribute the first £10.
Has anyone who attended an FSAC, received their result yet? I can't seem to stop refreshing my scheme progress page...
Reply 1210
Original post by LucyJane
Hi,

The website says you can claim any actual expenses up to the maximum of £120 for the hotel. So I'd say it's fine if you spend over but they will only reimburse the £120. Also remember they will deduct £10 off your total expense claim as they expect you to contribute the first £10.

Thanks! Have you been for your FSAC already? How did it go? Less daunting than expected or is it reasonable to be as terrified as I currently am?
Original post by ailss

I also have mine on December 11. Are you on the analytical stream as well? I only had my SRAC last week so I am very surprised it is so soon. It will be nice to have it over with though, and its less time to get stressed out about it! :smile:
Original post by ailss
Thanks! Have you been for your FSAC already? How did it go? Less daunting than expected or is it reasonable to be as terrified as I currently am?

I had it on Wednesday. I feel like some of the exercises went really well and others pretty badly so hopefully the ones that went well will bring my scores up. It's honestly okay, its a long, quite intense day but the exercises are interesting. There's no need to be terrified, just go in and try your best! And everyone there is really nice which helps :smile:
Reply 1213
Original post by clover1987
I also have mine on December 11. Are you on the analytical stream as well? I only had my SRAC last week so I am very surprised it is so soon. It will be nice to have it over with though, and its less time to get stressed out about it! :smile:

I'm on the commercial one I think it's mixed. I know I'm glad in a way I'm such a worrier :frown: will be glad when it's all over!
Original post by ailss
I'm on the commercial one I think it's mixed. I know I'm glad in a way I'm such a worrier :frown: will be glad when it's all over!

Yep, I know what you mean! Good luck, hope it goes well!

I was really nervous for the SRAC but once I got started on the exercises I was fine, so I hope it will be a similar experience this time.
Has anyone who attended an FSAC, received their result yet? I can't seem to stop refreshing my scheme progress page...

Still refreshing too.. It has progressed from "awaiting event" to "awaiting results". Baby stepped progress I guess...
Original post by frankers1088
Still refreshing too.. It has progressed from "awaiting event" to "awaiting results". Baby stepped progress I guess...

At least it is progress! :smile: Mine still says awaiting event :frown: Hope we hear soon, I can't stand the waiting (and its only been a days wait so far for me hahaaa).
Reply 1217
Original post by clover1987
Yep, I know what you mean! Good luck, hope it goes well!

I was really nervous for the SRAC but once I got started on the exercises I was fine, so I hope it will be a similar experience this time.

Is that that the half day one for analytical? Let's hope so.. Good luck to you too :smile:
I had it on Wednesday. I feel like some of the exercises went really well and others pretty badly so hopefully the ones that went well will bring my scores up. It's honestly okay, its a long, quite intense day but the exercises are interesting. There's no need to be terrified, just go in and try your best! And everyone there is really nice which helps :smile:

Mine was on wednesday too! Same with the some good some bad situation. In terms of competency I'm really worried that I didnt display my ability to make effective decisions properly, but hopefully it will scrape the minimum 2 required.
I didn't ask about the timeframe for hearing back, do you hav any idea what kind of wait we might be in for?
Original post by savdahn
Mine was on wednesday too! Same with the some good some bad situation. In terms of competency I'm really worried that I didnt display my ability to make effective decisions properly, but hopefully it will scrape the minimum 2 required.
I didn't ask about the timeframe for hearing back, do you hav any idea what kind of wait we might be in for?

Which group were you in? I also feel like I didn't do enough for the making effective decisions one.. Did you feel like you didn't do as well in the last exercise as you were worn out? I had the policy recommendation one last and definitely didn't absorb the mass of information very well!

I didn't ask either when we'd hear, but from last years thread the people on the analytical streams seem to have found out 3-4 working days after the FSAC that they were successful, so there's definitely a possibility we could hear back Monday or Tuesday but it could be much later.

Has your scheme progress page changed to awaiting results now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending