Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Count to a MINUS million and be the first forum to do it! Watch

ReputationRep:

Yeah I gave them a chance and then went and did it anyway.

You beat me to the hundred though.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

If a post is wrong and needs editing I always quote in the bad posts. Same now for rule 16b's.

Surprisingly, most of the 16b's were Teddy's!

ReputationRep:

I know, I did say and some got edited, just think the didn't go far back enough with his editing. I had to do a load as well, half of that page we were one out till I noticed.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Surely most people should actually double check numbers to make sure they're correct? Is this too much to ask? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I know, I just thought they were right and didn't notice that there was a number free post. I've been a bit not with it today and have been typing a few wrong anyway. Did a few on the other one without the negative sign. Course I put it in when I noticed.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Never mind, thanks for sorting it out anyway

That comment was aimed at the likes of Maestro and Teddy who can't be bothered to edit any of the time
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng)
    Can we have an edit please, thanks

ReputationRep:

It's cool. Don't be so harsh on Teddy, he did edit some, just not all of them.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Maybe I was being a bit harsh, but the point is still there, Once you put a number down, check to make sure it's right.

If you post about 6 or 7 numbers that are all wrong (because you didn't check the 1st time) it gets very confusing.

ReputationRep:

I know, you should check though and notice. Also, if ones been pointed out, maybe look back until you find where the numbers went wrong to start with.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

I agree there, but if we try to quote in all the ones that need editing then that problem shouldn't exist

Also, on Girls Vs Boys thread, there was (once) about 20 odd pages without a number! I had to go back through all of those pages to actually obtain the score! :eek:

ReputationRep:

Cool number there.

True, just assumed Teddy would look at all of them and find them.

Sounds horrible, but it had to be done. :rolleyes:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

The thing being with GvB you don't actually have to put a number in each post, though each post does count.

Hence, there were 20 odd pages without a number - so I had to go through the lot of them.

I then made sure that a rule about putting numbers in reasonably often was put into the OP.

ReputationRep:

Sounds like a mess waiting to happen if there isn't a rule mandating numbers.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Most people do put numbers in though

Going AFK for a while

ReputationRep:

That's good

Ok then, I'll be about when you get back.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.