Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shropshirelass51)
    They do say no news is good news. I know it's really frustrating though. Lots of people still waiting for BCU as well.
    Yeah I think a lot of people are waiting for offers in general! Hopefully the next few weeks will be good to us all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1995)
    Has anyone had a face to face interview at reading? I received an offer after an written interview but the department has emailed saying the don't do open days as you have a chance to see the department and meet the tutors at your interview :/ very confused! Not sure if the mistook written interview for interview or what hope everyone's applications are going ok
    That's strange. From what I gathered, Reading only do the written interview, so if they've given you an offer then that should be that. Maybe the email was a generic one that includes other courses with a face-to-face interview? You'd think that they'd still do open days though, seeing as it's such a large uni.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the table, hardly anyone who has had interviews at MMU has heard back, unless they just haven't updated the table!
    I got a rejection from MMU, said it was because I didn't score highly enough on the written interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    FIngers crossed! And yeah I didn't like the look of them tbh haha
    What did you not like about Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clivia)
    What did you not like about Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They were just quite unorganised and a little rude. And also my friends studied there and didn't enjoy it much. I know that's their opinion but I just decided not to go anyway hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djavor)
    I got a rejection from MMU, said it was because I didn't score highly enough on the written interview
    Did they give you how many points your were off from getting in then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djavor)
    Really sorry to hear that. Have you heard back from any of your other Uni's yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nesca89)
    Nope, I think I'm in the maybe pile and they will see after today's interview whether there's anyone better than me haha

That's the way I am starting to think about my application with BCU post-interview, sadly! I hope we're wrong, but it feels like it might be that they are holding on to us to compare with others. I can understand why they do this, but it's not knowing if this is what's happening that is stressful. I just hope that we are still in with a chance with our applications at these universities! They don't know what they'll be missing out on. The best students of the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had an interview at sheffield ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaaySLT)
    And the wait goes on...has anyone heard anything from BCU this week? Any offers? Interview dates? Anything???

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, still nothing. Still waiting for decision after interview. I am going to wait a bit longer, but all the scenarios of what is happening keeps tapping me on the shoulder, so to speak. I have been through the UCAS stress mode before back in the days of yore (well, sort of!), but I had many more choices then - only 1 now. I keep rubbing a lucky fridge magnet I have. Hoping it works.

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting to hear about offers and interviews. Got enough grey hairs already!! If I get in, I might need to spend my bursary on hair dye from Mr Boots!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousLinguist)
    That's the way I am starting to think about my application with BCU post-interview, sadly! I hope we're wrong, but it feels like it might be that they are holding on to us to compare with others. I can understand why they do this, but it's not knowing if this is what's happening that is stressful. I just hope that we are still in with a chance with our applications at these universities! They don't know what they'll be missing out on. The best students of the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you tried contacting them, because they did say they would let people know within a certain timeframe.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried contacting them, because they did say they would let people know within a certain timeframe.
    I haven't yet. I was going to give it a bit longer, given the UCAS deadline is almost here. I will see what tomorrow/Friday brings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet. I was going to give it a bit longer, given the UCAS deadline is almost here. I will see what tomorrow/Friday brings!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would be great if we both get in!

ReputationRep:
    Would be great if we both get in!
    Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miriam John)
    has anyone had an interview at sheffield ?
    Yep, a few of us. I've had two actually, for under- and postgraduate. Have you had one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

No, still nothing. Still waiting for decision after interview. I am going to wait a bit longer, but all the scenarios of what is happening keeps tapping me on the shoulder, so to speak. I have been through the UCAS stress mode before back in the days of yore (well, sort of!), but I had many more choices then - only 1 now. I keep rubbing a lucky fridge magnet I have. Hoping it works.

Fingers crossed for all of us waiting to hear about offers and interviews. Got enough grey hairs already!! If I get in, I might need to spend my bursary on hair dye from Mr Boots!!
    The wait is awful, isn't it? Fingers crossed and good luck from a fellow linguist/'mature' student

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've only applied to BCU. My interview was on the 8th December. I think there were only 7 of us. Was yours on the 1st or the 8th?
    Mine was the 1st and there was a about 30 of us. BCU is my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Leeds and DMU - really getting more nervous haha!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the MMU interview yesterday? I thought the interview went ok but I felt let down by the uni and the focus they seem to place on research as opposed to teaching. Does anyone who goes there have any thoughts about this? Just the fact that the woman who spent the day with us was a researcher and not a teacher on the course anymore was strange, and I didn't think much of the "short guided tour" ha.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if there is anyone here that applied to BCU back in late November and has either had an interview yet, or are still waiting? Just trying to get a feel of whether I'm the only one !!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.