Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redchair)
    Always good to be prepared! I think the university housing could be more expensive than a private one potentially.. but you get insurance and often shorter contracts, whether in university halls/houses I believe.

Also up for sharing with anyone.. providing I'm not exclusively with couples :P
    Me too!! Also not in a couple, so you wouldn't be alone :P

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you that earlsdon is a good place to live for students, close the the city centre and the station, relatively nice place and good bus links to UHCW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steveab)
    I can tell you that earlsdon is a good place to live for students, close the the city centre and the station, relatively nice place and good bus links to UHCW.
    How easy is it getting around from say Earlsdon to Leamington? They stressed at Open Days etc most social events are in Leamington so would be good to know it's easy to get to public transport wise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    How easy is it getting around from say Earlsdon to Leamington? They stressed at Open Days etc most social events are in Leamington so would be good to know it's easy to get to public transport wise!
    There is a U1 bus that goes from the university to leamington that you can get a years pass for £330. Other than that you can cycle it, takes me about 40 minutes each way.

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer today around lunch time and it still doesn't feel real!

What is the tile hill area like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jules1205)
    I got an offer today around lunch time and it still doesn't feel real!

What is the tile hill area like?
    I really wouldn't. It's kind of far out and it's definitely not the nicest area, it's cheap and there are bus links but I woudn't take anything valuable out there.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't. It's kind of far out and it's definitely not the nicest area, it's cheap and there are bus links but I woudn't take anything valuable out there.
    Good to know, I'm attached to my valuable items.

ReputationRep:
    Leamington is nice, lots of restaurants and bars but a little far out and quite expensive.
    Earlsdon is close to the city centre and about 10 minutes walk to the medical school and relatively cheap.
    Tile hill is cheap but far out (not as far as leamington, only about half an hours cycle) and unpleasant.
    Kenilworth is a really nice little town, 15 minutes cycle from the university, restaurants and the like but not particularly cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Leamington is nice, lots of restaurants and bars but a little far out and quite expensive.
    Earlsdon is close to the city centre and about 10 minutes walk to the medical school and relatively cheap.
    Tile hill is cheap but far out (not as far as leamington, only about half an hours cycle) and unpleasant.
    Kenilworth is a really nice little town, 15 minutes cycle from the university, restaurants and the like but not particularly cheap.
    Thanks for the info!

ReputationRep:
    Earlsdon definitely sounds good to me at the moment! Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danisk)
    Earlsdon definitely sounds good to me at the moment! Thank you!!
    I lived about 10 minutes walk from earlsdon when I was growing up, really nice place, next to a giant park too which is great for the summer or if you like running or cycling.

ReputationRep:
    Earlson is further than 10m walk to campus. I'm a current student and people I know who live there either take the bus or cycle - both about 20m I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lv587)
    Earlson is further than 10m walk to campus. I'm a current student and people I know who live there either take the bus or cycle - both about 20m I think.
    I suppose it depends which end you live at?

To be honest anything under 30m is an improvement from my last uni accommodation so I'll take that!

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at Canley, some parts aren't too bad and it's the nearest place to campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lv587)
    If you live at the end near the war memorial Park it's not much more than 10 minutes, depends exactly where you are though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    I suppose it depends which end you live at?

To be honest anything under 30m is an improvement from my last uni accommodation so I'll take that!
    That is true, just something to keep in mind when looking at houses though. Would be sad to expect a 10m walk and get a 40m one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    OFFER!!!!!! **** YES!!!

I'm so happy.

See you in September
    Bit late to the party but congratulations! Very well deserved!

And also well done to everyone else! I didn't even get an interview at Warwick so you've all done much better than me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    OFFER!!!!!! **** YES!!!
    Yeahhhh!!! Well dooonee!
    We should have a very chilled drink next year to celebrate the magic of freezing

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys anyone considering moving in with peeps from TSR? I won't be at the meet-your-fellows in July unfortunately but would be nice to move in with people, I'm not a huge fan of halls.
    I personally don't have a car so would be looking at somewhere closeish to uni so I can cycle!

TLDR: anyone fancies some house hunting together?

Edit: sorry I'm late, there has been lots of housing talking. Earlesdon sounds nice, would be happy to move in with anyone that doesn't mind my boyfriend coming up for weekends
    So for people talking earlier - I'd be in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deslucia)
    Hey guys anyone considering moving in with peeps from TSR? I won't be at the meet-your-fellows in July unfortunately but would be nice to move in with people, I'm not a huge fan of halls.
    I personally don't have a car so would be looking at somewhere closeish to uni so I can cycle!

TLDR: anyone fancies some house hunting together?

Edit: sorry I'm late, there has been lots of housing talking. Earlesdon sounds nice, would be happy to move in with anyone that doesn't mind my boyfriend coming up for weekends
    So for people talking earlier - I'd be in
    Depending on the exact date of the post-offer day I may also not be able to make it and would be in the same position as you. I'm also reluctant to move I to halls, mainly because of how expensive they are!

I'd be up for moving in with TSR people, am excited to meet everyone! I'm fine with boy/girlfriends visiting In agreement that Earlsdon sounds nice, all I really want is to be within reasonable cycling distance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.