Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

Disney0702
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by brittanna)
This. You get first dibs on cupboard and fridge space as well. You can choose a shelf in the fridge that won't have stuff from everyone elses shelves dripping down on to.
OH MY! You literally just convinced me to come as early as frigging possible on Saturday! Honestly didn't even think of calling dibs on fridge/cupboard space!

One thing I'm afraid of is if people start to steal food, I hear that happens in certain accommodations at Warwick!
jrs971
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Disney0702)
Ah yh! I defo I wanna come on Sarurday, I just assumed that they may be strict about that kind of thing. I'll just call them up and ask if its okay, shouldn't see why it'll be a big deal.

Are you coming on Saturday?
I'm a third year, and my surname is R but I came Saturday. They absolutely do not check - wouldn't even worry about ringing!

I've never had people steal food really. Maybe some milk or something but not really loads. I kept non-perishable stuff in my room (some anyway), if not to just save space
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
OH MY! You literally just convinced me to come as early as frigging possible on Saturday! Honestly didn't even think of calling dibs on fridge/cupboard space!

One thing I'm afraid of is if people start to steal food, I hear that happens in certain accommodations at Warwick!
You don't really want the cupboards directly behind the door, or in areas of the kitchen where there will be lots of people (kettle, sink etc.).

I've never really had problems with people stealing my food. Using my equipment (without my permission) and often not washing it up on the other hand...

I also know someone who basically ended up having to store all their food in drawers as there wasn't enough space. I would definitely recommend getting there as early as possible. And you really don't need to worry about ringing. It's just a suggestion so that not everyone comes on the same day and it doesn't get too busy.
CantonHero
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't really want the cupboards directly behind the door, or in areas of the kitchen where there will be lots of people (kettle, sink etc.).

I've never really had problems with people stealing my food. Using my equipment (without my permission) and often not washing it up on the other hand...

I also know someone who basically ended up having to store all their food in drawers as there wasn't enough space. I would definitely recommend getting there as early as possible. And you really don't need to worry about ringing. It's just a suggestion so that not everyone comes on the same day and it doesn't get too busy.
But I thought you could only collect your university card on the day allotted to you?
LewisJacquesWait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anybody still not had their welcome pack through the post?
jrs971
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CantonHero)
But I thought you could only collect your university card on the day allotted to you?
No, they're all ready from Saturday. It is nothing more than a guideline sentence on a piece of paper, and is checked no where else
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jrs971)
I'm a third year, and my surname is R but I came Saturday. They absolutely do not check - wouldn't even worry about ringing!

I've never had people steal food really. Maybe some milk or something but not really loads. I kept non-perishable stuff in my room (some anyway), if not to just save space
Ah well in that case I'm not gonna ring at all!

Yh i think I'm gonna keep most stuff in my room.

Was it difficult to find accommodation after first year?

What course do you study?
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thank you! That was really great advice!

Which accommodation did you stay at and what course do you study?
CantonHero
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jrs971)
No, they're all ready from Saturday. It is nothing more than a guideline sentence on a piece of paper, and is checked no where else
You sure on this? Because if you're wrong, then it causes a predicament.
BobLoblawLawBlog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you! That was really great advice!

Which accommodation did you stay at and what course do you study?
I stayed at Westwood (one of the four larger blocks) and I study Maths, going into my third year.

Which accommodation have you applied for, and what are you going to study?
jrs971
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah well in that case I'm not gonna ring at all!

Yh i think I'm gonna keep most stuff in my room.

Was it difficult to find accommodation after first year?

What course do you study?
I had a snack box in my room haha. And no not really. The hardest part is deciding who to live with really I do biomedical science, going into my third year and stayed in Westwood. There's plenty of houses to choose from. If you leave it until very late you may not end up with the nicest place, but there's plenty of choice either way!

(Original post by CantonHero)
You sure on this? Because if you're wrong, then it causes a predicament.
Yes. As I say, I came on Saturday and still collected my card the same day. Contact the Uni if you want official confirmation
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I stayed at Westwood (one of the four larger blocks) and I study Maths, going into my third year.

Which accommodation have you applied for, and what are you going to study?
I'm going to study General Engineering. I've applied to Westwood, Cryfield, Rootes and I cannot remember the others. I'm still waiting to hear from them about which one I'm getting.

Did you find it difficult to find accommodation after first year?
BobLoblawLawBlog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm going to study General Engineering. I've applied to Westwood, Cryfield, Rootes and I cannot remember the others. I'm still waiting to hear from them about which one I'm getting.

Did you find it difficult to find accommodation after first year?
If you put Westwood first, I'm fairly sure that's what you're going to get.

Do you mean in terms of finding people to live with, or actually finding a house?

If it's the first, then not really. You meet so many people, from your course, those you live with and people from societies that you're almost certainly going to find people that will want to live with you and you will want to live with. Finding a house also isn't usually that difficult, unless you're unreasonable with your demands. i.e. You want a massive en-suite house in north leam for £70 a week. Although, houses in Canley go fairly quickly so if you want to live there, I'd recommend looking fairly soon. Otherwise there's not really a problem, no. Obviously the nicest houses will go first. But we left ours quite late, and we found a house that we all really like. You should remember that you don't have to go through warwick accommodation, and so you're not limited to just those houses.
Disney0702
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you put Westwood first, I'm fairly sure that's what you're going to get.

Do you mean in terms of finding people to live with, or actually finding a house?

If it's the first, then not really. You meet so many people, from your course, those you live with and people from societies that you're almost certainly going to find people that will want to live with you and you will want to live with. Finding a house also isn't usually that difficult, unless you're unreasonable with your demands. i.e. You want a massive en-suite house in north leam for £70 a week. Although, houses in Canley go fairly quickly so if you want to live there, I'd recommend looking fairly soon. Otherwise there's not really a problem, no. Obviously the nicest houses will go first. But we left ours quite late, and we found a house that we all really like. You should remember that you don't have to go through warwick accommodation, and so you're not limited to just those houses.
I put Cryfield as my first preference.

I actually meant both, thanks so much for answering both questions
lewis.robbins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm so confused about freshers tickets. Is it best to buy them when they go out for sale (mid September??) or wait until we all get there? I don't want to find out that all the tickets have gone
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lewis.robbins)
I'm so confused about freshers tickets. Is it best to buy them when they go out for sale (mid September??) or wait until we all get there? I don't want to find out that all the tickets have gone
I wouldn't risk waiting till you arrive. Go for the freshers passport/pass when it comes out
JoeyAngelTiffany
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone here for German and Italian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cerras
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello everyone. I applied really late, so I just got my unconditional offer today. I am a postgraduate law student from italy. Would you still suggest to try and apply for an accomodation through the university, or should I just check the internet for somewhere else to stay ?
Thanks
EllainKahlo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cerras)
Hello everyone. I applied really late, so I just got my unconditional offer today. I am a postgraduate law student from italy. Would you still suggest to try and apply for an accomodation through the university, or should I just check the internet for somewhere else to stay ?
Thanks
I think it is advisable to look at as many options as possible, I think you can still apply for campus accommodation but you can also look for flats near the campus too
Sara158
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey! Is here anyone who got accommodation offer from Warwick and would be willing to swap? I got Rootes, my 4th choice and would like to get an en-suite room. Preferably Bluebell or Sherbourne.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.8%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (700)
47.43%

Watched Threads