Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    AS or A2 exams, and applying for what? Obviously if you end up with A*BB (or even A*AB) at A-Level you won't meet the entry requirements. If it's AS exams, getting BB in Chem/Physics will not help (dependent on what you're applying for).
    Out of pure curiosity, how do they view A*A*B achieved for an A*AA offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifleboy123)
    Out of pure curiosity, how do they view A*A*B achieved for an A*AA offer?
    It'll be down to the tutors, but as a general rule they wouldn't accept it.

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 exams, and applying for what? Obviously if you end up with A*BB (or even A*AB) at A-Level you won't meet the entry requirements. If it's AS exams, getting BB in Chem/Physics will not help (dependent on what you're applying for).
    Sorry it's the AS exams, hoping to apply for computer science and philosophy. Getting A*AA won't be a big problem but don't think I can get high ums scores as expected before.Just want to ensure that Oxford does not attach importance to ums marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renewhj)
    Sorry it's the AS exams, hoping to apply for computer science and philosophy. Getting A*AA won't be a big problem but don't think I can get high ums scores as expected before.Just want to ensure that Oxford does not attach importance to ums marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They don't ask for, or have access to, UMS so there's no way for them to attach importance to them...

ReputationRep:
    They don't ask for, or have access to, UMS so there's no way for them to attach importance to them...
    Safe Just want to secure it lol because Cambridge does require high ums I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renewhj)
    Safe Just want to secure it lol because Cambridge does require high ums I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, you have to fill out all your module scores on the SAQ for Cambridge. Oxford doesn't need to ask for them because they have an admissions test which, for some subjects at least, is positively correlated to UMS anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you have to fill out all your module scores on the SAQ for Cambridge. Oxford doesn't need to ask for them because they have an admissions test which, for some subjects at least, is positively correlated to UMS anyway.
    Cheers. I will prepare for MAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Judging by how my exams have gone so far it would appear my place on this thread is no longer relevant..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonlad)
    Judging by how my exams have gone so far it would appear my place on this thread is no longer relevant..
    Don't give up hope yet, man. You might surprise yourself on results day I'm quite worried I'm in a similar position too but I think that's normal.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for A-levels to be over now - I think that Rifleboy123 is right: we probably all think we've done worse than we actually have. I feel as though I have performed about ten times worse in each of these exams so far than I did in every mock and in every piece of homework all year hopefully this is just an illusion

On one hand, the two months to results day is going to feel like a cruel eternity, but on the other hand I'm not sure I really want to know what it will bring!

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough my first three exams were all really nice papers, so I'm just waiting for AQA to screw me over in my last two tomorrow and Wednesday...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone still doing exams! I feel so relieved to have applied after A Levels; I can imagine the stress must be like waiting for offer day all over again. I'm sure everyone is more than up to the challenge though and you will all do great!

ReputationRep:
    Please don't feel like that! I took my exams last year (applied with my results) and was convinced I'd failed everything and couldn't apply to any unis, let alone Oxford, but it all turned out okay in the end.

ReputationRep:
    I've officially lost my place at Oxford- absolutely flunked Biology

Good luck to everyone else for results day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evasiverose)
    i've officially lost my place at oxford- absolutely flunked biology

good luck to everyone else for results day!
    aqa biol5r?

ReputationRep:
    Now exams are gradually coming to an end, how is everyone feeling? Can't shake the niggling feeling that I've blown it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug)
    Now exams are gradually coming to an end, how is everyone feeling? Can't shake the niggling feeling that I've blown it.
    Me too - I finished this afternoon, and I'm now panicking about results! However, since there is nothing we can do, I guess we just have to hope for the best... I remember reading about the chances of losing your place due to failing to meet grade requirements and they are very low - let's make this the first year those chances are zero, guys! (Trying to be positive, but turning out cheesy instead ah well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug)
    I think that's standard - pretty sure that everyone will feel that way!! But just think rationally about it and I'm pretty sure we'll all be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    aqa biol5r?
    OCR Biology- thought the first paper was a bit weird but decided to push on revising. The second paper was awful. Can't do anything more now than wait for results day

How have your exams been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    OCR Biology- thought the first paper was a bit weird but decided to push on revising. The second paper was awful. Can't do anything more now than wait for results day

How have your exams been?
    Ah OCR, I've heard their science exams have been pretty horrible this year

I really can't tell, I think Biology has gone well(-ish), while History Econ and Geog have been painfully mediocre so far. My last two are tomorrow and I really want to be able to come out of just one exam feeling happy, although that's probably too much to ask for!

Good luck for results day (even if it is two months away)!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.