Send a link to the tab website?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://cambridge.tab.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I watch a few youtube channels, namely Jack Wright, SimonOxPhys and JamoeMills, other than that I look at the tab Cambridge website. 'Sir Cam' is great on twitter.

I'm slightly concerned about the workload. I want to work incredibly hard and be close to my subject but at the same time I want to be able to look at other subjects and take part in other things, not just Economics :/
    Have you seen the Cambridge Tab youtube channel. The one on the EDL was so funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini-Me)
    All of a sudden I've gotten really nervous about starting in October and not remembering anything. What should I be doing as a gap year student before natsci to prevent this? Other than just rereading a level notes/textbooks - I don't have enough motivation to do that!
    Hey, can I just ask how you are planning to take a gap year before Cambridge NatSci if you don't mind me asking? I'll be in a similar situation next year, taking a gap year working in industry while applying for 2016 NatSci entry.
    Are you still in school or are you currently taking your gap year? What type of condition did they give you?
    My situation is that I won't be in school for the final year - I will be working. I'm doing all of my Advanced Highers (Scottish equivalent of A-Levels) this year so upon application, Cambridge will have my results, but I was wondering what type of offer they would give me. What condition could they give me, realistically, if I get A's in all of my subjects? Do you think they would give me a STEP offer, despite the fact that it's a NatSci application and not maths? Or maybe tell me to teach myself another related Advanced Higher and sit the exam?
    I'm planning on allocating some time through the year to keep up to date with my science/maths knowledge (and learning more if I can) which I hope to convey to them if I am interviewed, but still, do you have any suggestions what they would want from me as a condition?

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    Hey, can I just ask how you are planning to take a gap year before Cambridge NatSci if you don't mind me asking? I'll be in a similar situation next year, taking a gap year working in industry while applying for 2016 NatSci entry.
    Are you still in school or are you currently taking your gap year? What type of condition did they give you?
    My situation is that I won't be in school for the final year - I will be working. I'm doing all of my Advanced Highers (Scottish equivalent of A-Levels) this year so upon application, Cambridge will have my results, but I was wondering what type of offer they would give me. What condition could they give me, realistically, if I get A's in all of my subjects? Do you think they would give me a STEP offer, despite the fact that it's a NatSci application and not maths? Or maybe tell me to teach myself another related Advanced Higher and sit the exam?
    I'm planning on allocating some time through the year to keep up to date with my science/maths knowledge (and learning more if I can) which I hope to convey to them if I am interviewed, but still, do you have any suggestions what they would want from me as a condition?

thank you!
    If your achieved grades are above the entrance criteria you will get an unconditional offer. If they are below they might give you a conditional offer based on you resitting exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Have you seen the Cambridge Tab youtube channel. The one on the EDL was so funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looooooooooooool. I just saw that video.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    If your achieved grades are above the entrance criteria you will get an unconditional offer. If they are below they might give you a conditional offer based on you resitting exams.
    Really? Cambridge do give unconditionals? That's reassuring - I assumed they would ask more of me for the sake of doing something the year before entry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    Really? Cambridge do give unconditionals? That's reassuring - I assumed they would ask more of me for the sake of doing something the year before entry.
    Nope. If you get an offer it would almost certainly be an unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Except for Maths. Likely to ask for STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yeah - or if they've entered themselves for any resits or extra qualifications. Someone from the Facebook group had 4 A*s last year but Cambridge still asked for an A* in an extra A Level they're doing this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good news!

(Original post by Elcor)
    Yeah - or if they've entered themselves for any resits or extra qualifications. Someone from the Facebook group had 4 A*s last year but Cambridge still asked for an A* in an extra A Level they're doing this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I could take an extra course or two (Statistics and/or Biology) although I'm not really considering it. Do you think they would specifically ask me to do so? I am taking 4 Advanced Highers this year, though Cambridge require 3 according to their website.

ReputationRep:
    Someone's added me to the general Offer Holders Facebook group - I don't really want to post in case I don't get in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    Good news!

I could take an extra course or two (Statistics and/or Biology) although I'm not really considering it. Do you think they would specifically ask me to do so? I am taking 4 Advanced Highers this year, though Cambridge require 3 according to their website.
    Don't take this as gospel, but I've successfully applied for Natsci on my gap year and aren't taking any modules this year, nor have they asked me to, so you may be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't take this as gospel, but I've successfully applied for Natsci on my gap year and aren't taking any modules this year, nor have they asked me to, so you may be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gospel? LOL

What college are you at??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Gospel? LOL

What college are you at??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Emmanuel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Emmanuel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you choose it cuz of the ducks? apparently the infamous bench disappeared....
    Are you phys or bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mind me asking what your A-Level results where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umutalberts)
    Did you choose it cuz of the ducks? apparently the infamous bench disappeared....
    Are you phys or bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it was just close to the labs I'd be at and my friends brother is there and liked it.. and the free laundry

I'm bio

(Original post by Ecasx)
    Do you mind me asking what your A-Level results where?
    I got A*A*A*A* in Bio, Chem, Maths and FM with an A in AS Physics in year 12

ReputationRep:
    Nah it was just close to the labs I'd be at and my friends brother is there and liked it.. and the free laundry

I'm bio

I got A*A*A*A* in Bio, Chem, Maths and FM with an A in AS Physics in year 12
    Nice! Guess you well deserved that offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Not if you've already sat STEP (and achieved the required grades) they won't

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.