Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Waiting on MMath (European Studies)
    GCSE's: 10A*'s 2A's
    AS: 5A's 1B
    A2 (predicted): A*A*A

Does anyone else have an offer for Maths I didn't apply to Oxbridge and this is my top choice so i'm really hoping for an offer. Do they tend to give them out after the 15th?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything back from Durham regarding English lit? It's my last offer to come through and I'm getting so nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatMcG)
    Has anyone heard anything back from Durham regarding English lit? It's my last offer to come through and I'm getting so nervous
    I'm literally in the same situation!!! Heard of no-one apart from joint lit courses! I'm so scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyhaighjacobs)
    I'm literally in the same situation!!! Heard of no-one apart from joint lit courses! I'm so scared
    So glad to find someone else in the same situation! I've seen people getting accepted for liberal arts but none for just straight english, though some of my friends have received offers from science departments- hoping English waits until the UCAS deadline to look at applications and that's why they take longer

ReputationRep:
    So glad to find someone else in the same situation! I've seen people getting accepted for liberal arts but none for just straight english, though some of my friends have received offers from science departments- hoping English waits until the UCAS deadline to look at applications and that's why they take longer
    I got an offer at 4.45 today for English lit so maybe they're starting to give out offers. I applied early, 12th Oct, which is why I've heard today...at the top of their pile? hope you hear back soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    I got an offer at 4.45 today for English lit so maybe they're starting to give out offers. I applied early, 12th Oct, which is why I've heard today...at the top of their pile? hope you hear back soon
    Oh gosh congratulations!!! You must be so so happy!! Thanks, so do I! I hope you don't mind me asking but what GCSEs did you get? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyhaighjacobs)
    Oh gosh congratulations!!! You must be so so happy!! Thanks, so do I! I hope you don't mind me asking but what GCSEs did you get? x
    Thank you I'm delighted!!! Of course I don't mind: I got 10A*s and 1A (maths lol).

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!!! Wow this scares me so much but also want to know soon😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    Congratulations!!! Wow this scares me so much but also want to know soon😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! hope you get the offer and soon

ReputationRep:
    ah I applied later so that gives me hope haha and congratulations!! Did they give you the standard A*AA offer?

ReputationRep:
    ah I applied later so that gives me hope haha and congratulations!! Did they give you the standard A*AA offer?
    aha thank you! yep i did but they didn't say i had to get the A* in english it could be in any of my subjects

ReputationRep:
    aha thank you! yep i did but they didn't say i had to get the A* in english it could be in any of my subjects
    ah that's good then if you don't mind me asking, which college did you apply for? Don't think it affects your application but I'm starting to worry I applied for one of the most competitive which doesn't help my chances aha

ReputationRep:
    ah that's good then if you don't mind me asking, which college did you apply for? Don't think it affects your application but I'm starting to worry I applied for one of the most competitive which doesn't help my chances aha
    No of course not! I applied to St Mary's but I checked the website and it doesn't matter which college you apply to because the department make the offer then college allocation is sorted so you don't need to worry!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! hope you get the offer and soon
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody received an offer from Durham for Japanese study or any foreign language courses?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for English (conditional) yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGN)
    Anyone heard for English (conditional) yet?
    I've seen a few offers for English Lit - one earlier today and another a couple of days ago. I'm waiting still! I wonder if they do it alphabetically...I'm a W

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tessie25)
    I've seen a few offers for English Lit - one earlier today and another a couple of days ago. I'm waiting still! I wonder if they do it alphabetically...I'm a W
    Maybe not very helpful, but I haven't heard for chemistry and I'm a B xD

ReputationRep:
    Normally they go through applications in the order in which they received them, not alphabetically lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    anybody applied for BSc Finance here???? Seems like I am the only one aha

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.