Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    So a bunch of wires and a circuit board inside a metal briefcase look like a clock to you ?

Ahh the benefit of hindsight. We cannot afford to take liberties in this day and age with childrens lives at risk. Better to be safe and sorry
    Well they need to look a bit closer to home as well as going by masscares committed by the likes of Adam Lanza and those Columbine boys proves they have a serious problem in their society besides clocks that look like bombs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Well they need to look a bit closer to home as well as going by masscares committed by the likes of Adam Lanza and those Columbine boys proves they have a serious problem in their society besides clocks that look like bombs
    There is lots of debate in America regarding gun laws. Amazingly, you can try to solve two problems at the same time to ensure your citizens stay safe

ReputationRep:
    There is lots of debate in America regarding gun laws. Amazingly, you can try to solve two problems at the same time to ensure your citizens stay safe
    Yet nothing gets done. They have upped their anti terror laws etc.rightly so but have done nothing with their gun laws. Elementary kids being killed simply was not enough to warrant change. Scary stuff over there when any crazy person can just go to their local Sainsbury's and buy a gun.

ReputationRep:
    Yet nothing gets done. They have upped their anti terror laws etc.rightly so but have done nothing with their gun laws. Elementary kids being killed simply was not enough to warrant change. Scary stuff over there when any crazy person can just go to their local Sainsbury's and buy a gun.
    Well yes i agree with you but the gun Lobbies are powerful over there and lots of Americans love their guns .= stalemate

ReputationRep:
    What're you guys arguing about now?! It's not a bomb. End of story. I don't understand why some people still want to persist with this

ReputationRep:
    Funny how states like Vermont, North Dakota have next to no gun laws, require almost no permits at all, allowing you to buy almost anything apart from full auto machine guns, and has one the lowest gun death rates in the country.

Gun's aren't the issue. It's our culture of violence.

ReputationRep:
    Its funny how people are still talking about this hoax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What're you guys arguing about now?! It's not a bomb. End of story. I don't understand why some people still want to persist with this
    Well the story is back in the news so why not use the thread about the case rather than making more threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Funny how states like Vermont, North Dakota have next to no gun laws, require almost no permits at all, allowing you to buy almost anything apart from full auto machine guns, and has one the lowest gun death rates in the country.

Gun's aren't the issue. It's our culture of violence.
    Its more to do with demographics really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Its more to do with demographics really.
    To an extent maybe. Poverty probably more than anything. Places like Vermont are really rich states.

ReputationRep:
    It seems you dont even know the story tbh
    Your adding things to fit the agenda you have taken. It might have been a simple mistake of forgettig to turn it off before it started beeping. It doesnt hide the fact that the school were incompetent rather than curious.

The kid is probably glad it happenes tbh. He gets to meet the president, scholarship offers etc
    Exept I'm aware of his dad's failed political career in Sudan and I know he's trying to get into American politics with the help of CAIR

As I said its almost like this was planned

ReputationRep:
    Why can they not be compared?
    Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things

Have you read these scriptures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Lining)
    Have you read these scriptures?
    Yes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    To an extent maybe. Poverty probably more than anything. Places like Vermont are really rich states.
    North Dakota isn't relatively rich but has low crime because they 80+ white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    North Dakota isn't relatively rich but has low crime because they 80+ white.
    ND citizens are very well off considering. Costs of living are extremely low there. (I've lived there before)

I'd wager it has to do with the extremely low population density than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    Exept I'm aware of his dad's failed political career in Sudan and I know he's trying to get into American politics with the help of CAIR

As I said its almost like this was planned
    I highly doubt it but I guess you have an agenda. Did you see the boy's face when they hand cuffed him?! He looked genuinely shocked. Also what parent would put their child through that?!

ReputationRep:
    Right. Looks like a briefcase with bull**** inside.

Doesn't have half of the things inside it that a bomb would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Well the story is back in the news so why not use the thread about the case rather than making more threads?
    Ah I see,haven't seen the news these past few days. Whats happening now with the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I highly doubt it but I guess you have an agenda. Did you see the boy's face when they hand cuffed him?! He looked genuinely shocked. Also what parent would put their child through that?!
    I thought there was nothing left to discuss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    Right. Looks like a briefcase with bull**** inside.

Doesn't have half of the things inside it that a bomb would.
    Seriously? Tell me what a bomb should look like... (Careful you will prob go on MI5'S list)

That looks exactly like a rudimentary bomb to anyone who is yano.. not a bomb maker

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.